Milton & the last play

Dude he's a kid and he tried to get a touch down. Time is messed up with adrenaline like that, he just ****ed up. Now as fans get behind him or you can shell shock him like JG. Better not Boo Milton he might help one day.
Sorry but I want tough players that are winners on my team. I can't be worried about their snowflake feelings in a mans games. There's no room for softies on my team.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
From his first game I always got the impression he was a showboat all about him quarterback. I saw him holding the ball too long which looked more like he was waiting on holes to open instead of looking down field for open recievers. My opinion hasn't changed, I think he is bad for the team.

Possibly the stupidest play since JG's rogue fumble. Should have never tried to run in the first place. Run around. Force a throw if you have to. But he apparently forgot he had no time. No situational awareness seems to be his worst issue. Not sure that's fixable.

I have argued that HB has not earned his way onto the field... but I'm pretty well convinced by now that Milton has earned his way off of it.

I don't know if it was fear or just dumb. He should have stayed behind the line of scrimmage and thrown the ball into the end zone. That is the ONLY chance we had.

Agree. Now we see why he was in the transfer portal.
Waiting for HB to transfer to UF or GA.
If he can’t get on the field at UT, why on earth would Florida or Georgia want him? Florida already has their guy for the future in Richardson, and there’s no way on God’s green earth he’d beat out JT Daniels.

The only team to beat Ole Piss this season held Coral to 3 yards rushing. We let him run wild.
That said, I'm amazed at what this staff has done with so little to work with on D.
Well yeah, it’s easier to defend when you have a defense that’s three-deep with 5 stars. We had to pick a poison. We were never going to be able to take away everything against an offense like that.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
One of the knocks on Milton is that he is scared to get hit. I wasn't sold on that, but that last play changed my mind.

He ran out of bounds with no time left. It wasn't close. I still can't believe I saw him just give up like that. Whoever has the ball last HAS to leave it all on the field trying to get to that end zone.

I'm just stunned he did that. What are your thoughts? Not as big a deal as I'm feeling now?

I don't feel confident in him going forward.

I don't either but if Hooker can't go I place my faith in HB. He can't run like the others but can extend plays with his legs, We have seen this and the most accurate passer of the group but not being mobile which the staff wants doesn't even look at the kid. I've listened to some of the sports talk pundits at the animal and they talk about this kid as being trash and could never play at a power 5 level. This kid can play but then I guess I have an agenda but he can play, As far as arm strength this kid can sling it,

I don't either but if Hooker can't go I place my faith in HB. He can't run like the others but can extend plays with his legs, We have seen this and the most accurate passer of the group but not being mobile which the staff wants doesn't even look at the kid. I've listened to some of the sports talk pundits at the animal and they talk about this kid as being trash and could never play at a power 5 level. This kid can play but then I guess I have an agenda but he can play, As far as arm strength this kid can sling it,
This offense can work with a non mobile qb, but only with a great pass protecting OL, which we do not have - especially if Cade is still out and we have to play Dayne Davis.

Milton’s football IQ and competitive intensity rating should both be -100. That was the least effort given at a crucial moment that I’ve ever seen from a UT player. I hope he is embarrassed about it as he should be. If I were a teammate of his I wouldn’t want him to be my starting QB.

Milton’s football IQ and competitive intensity rating should both be -100. That was the least effort given at a crucial moment that I’ve ever seen from a UT player. I hope he is embarrassed about it as he should be. If I were a teammate of his I wouldn’t want him to be my starting QB.
The kid panicked in a high stress situation. It’s really unfortunate for the team and fans both but I don’t really understand the venom still being spit at him. The memory he has to live with is punishment enough.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
We don't know whether he was scared to take a hit, or mistakenly thought there was time still on the clock.

It pretty much doesn't matter. Because both say he's not prepared to QB a winning team in the SEC.

Either he's more worried about his own well-being than about the team's goals (afraid of contact), or he's not savvy enough to have basic game management situational awareness.

Both are disqualifiers. Most especially for a quarterback.

Whichever it is, Joe needs to get it fixed before he ever comes back onto the field in live SEC game play.

Reactions: VolunteerNut
The kid panicked in a high stress situation. It’s really unfortunate for the team and fans both but I don’t really understand the venom still being spit at him. The memory he has to live with is punishment enough.
^^
Unfortunately most critics on here have never been in pads or in pads in that situation. Things look a lot easier from the stands. The kid made an absent-minded play and that happens sometimes during the heat of battle. Hopefully he learns from it and becomes better because of it.

You don't have the knowledge base to make a statement that broad.
And yet, I made it.
Since when did a broad knowledge base of a subject matter become a requirement for folks to post their opinions on a message board?
I stand by what I said...most of the critics on here have never been in a similar situation as Milton, especially on a big time stage. It's very easy to sit in the stands and critique when you haven't been in the heat of the battle.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
He’s “panic” looked pretty casual when he jogged out of bounds. It’s a high stress sport and he wants to play the most stressful position so criticism comes with the territory.

Situational clock haha dude had 3 seconds at the snap.How many seconds he think he had by time he reached the sideline.He panicked whatever but it was a sorry play.Been saying for months Milton was scared of contact and hooker should have been getting reps with the 1s from the start of everything.I hold Heupel responsible I get it and most won't agree with that.Why he got Milton when Hooker was clearly bounds and leaps and power 5 ready is still puzzling.Okay tho u got a kid u wanted at Ucf that clearly has size and intagibles,but Then hands the kid the start wtf...Enuff blame to go around with Milton for everyone u ask me.

Dumbest decision EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
guillotine.jpg

And yet, I made it.
Since when did a broad knowledge base of a subject matter become a requirement for folks to post their opinions on a message board?
I stand by what I said...most of the critics on here have never been in a similar situation as Milton, especially on a big time stage. It's very easy to sit in the stands and critique when you haven't been in the heat of the battle.

You don't know the football experience of most on here. Do you have to exaggerate to make your point?

VN Store

Back