Milton named starter

It's highly possible we see a fair amount of Milton and Hooker. With that said, people need to chill. Milton has a quicker release and a much stronger arm, but no deep/touch pass accuracy. Hooker does add a very solid running threat that will give any defense a fit when implemented at the right time, but has had a few crucial turnovers. We're working with what we've got, and that's all that can be expected this year.

I love how a couple of miscues that happened in a few games has been turned into irrevocable, bedrock truth about these guys.

And will continue to. FWIW I don’t think any of these QBs have that much difference between them.
I think Bailey is an obvious #3. Milton and Hooker are splitting hairs, with the difference being a year of eligibility - and apparently his leadership qualities.

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe Milton is putting the ball on the money, but the receivers aren’t making the plays? Just curious.
I’ve seen a few perfectly thrown balls, hit the wideouts in the hands, only to be dropped. Maybe the route running is off. Or, maybe Milton does have some serious accuracy issues? I don’t think you can lay the blame of our problems at one position is all.
GBO!!

Bailey cannot stretch the d with either his arm or his legs. The OL has enough problems without facing a D that can blitz and squat on the shorter routes. It’ll stifle whatever’s left of the running game. In 2 of our 3 games, the QB led the team in rushing, so our RBs aren’t exactly setting the world on fire.
I not talking about Bailey in ei the s rig the QB’s as it’s painfully obvious why is #3 Hooker is the one the is completing 71% of his passes with 5TD 1int and 1 rushing TD.

And will continue to. FWIW I don’t think any of these QBs have that much difference between them.
This is where I’m at too. I’m afraid (I’d love to be proven wrong) we still don’t have a competent QB to compete on the level we will need in the SEC. I’ve been through enough of these “QB Battles” to know the fans, which includes me, have very little idea who gives us the best chance to win on Saturday. I think at this point the depth of the OL, the play making ability of our WR’s, and the overall lack of quality team depth are at least as big of issues as who we start at QB. My expectations have been reasonably low from the beginning so I’m not sloshing around in self pity…yet😂

It's highly possible we see a fair amount of Milton and Hooker. With that said, people need to chill. Milton has a quicker release and a much stronger arm, but no deep/touch pass accuracy. Hooker does add a very solid running threat that will give any defense a fit when implemented at the right time, but has had a few crucial turnovers. We're working with what we've got, and that's all that can be expected this year.
I have not seen this "quicker release" of which you speak. I saw an inaccurate passer, standing like a statue when his primary receiver wasn't open, unable to scan; as well as an average runner, who doesn't keep his eyes downfield when he breaks the pocket.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
We just need our guys to run faster and run about 10 yards beyond where Milton is suppose to throw it and we are fine.

Or we need to line Milton up in punt formation and always have it long snapped to him so he has to throw farther.

This could become our thing. the punt formation 4 wide Hail Mary route.
Drop back 10 before he throws. Best idea yet.

Reactions: NEO
I have not seen this "quicker release" of which you speak. I saw an inaccurate passer, standing like a statue when his primary receiver wasn't open, unable to scan; as well as an average runner, who doesn't keep his eyes downfield when he breaks the pocket.
None of what you said is necessarily wrong, but he does have a quicker release. The guy flicks his wrist and the ball is 30 yards downfield.

None of what you said is necessarily wrong, but he does have a quicker release. The guy flicks his wrist and the ball is 30 yards downfield.
Probably need to go back and watch the BG game again. U seem to confuse arm strength with quick release. 2 very different things.

Y’all crazy as h***!!! Stick with Milton he has the most potential than any quarterback.

He's in his 4th year in a college program. More likely than not, he has reached the level of play that he is capable of given that his accuracy issues are not new, and have existed since high school.
miltonhs.png

Joe Milton's High School Football Stats

Reactions: papatomany
He's in his 4th year in a college program. More likely than not, he has reached the level of play that he is capable of given that his accuracy issues are not new, and have existed since high school.
miltonhs.png

Joe Milton's High School Football Stats
Very similar to another QB we had that a certain someone used to slobber over. The guy couldn't play in high school and he can't play now

VN Store

Back