Millennials in the Workforce, A Generation of Weakness - Simon Sinek

Who is “our”? Just curious on what job requires no skill just “free thinking”?
Was on mobile. Let me address your pleb thoughts. Who said no skill? You, okay great. My post was about free thinking as in we don't believe in your trash 40+ hour work week where you do meaningless things for 39.5 hours of that week. We are more innovative and do not need to sit at a desk contemplating smashing our heads into the side of the cubicle. Now, go sit in your HR meeting and be a good boy.

Was on mobile. Let me address your pleb thoughts. Who said no skill? You, okay great. My post was about free thinking as in we don't believe in your trash 40+ hour work week where you do meaningless things for 39.5 hours of that week. We are more innovative and do not need to sit at a desk contemplating smashing our heads into the side of the cubicle. Now, go sit in your HR meeting and be a good boy.

So what do you do?

I'd come out of retirement to get one of these jobs. Where do I apply?

I’ve always wondered why older dudes love calling millennials the “participation trophy” generation or something along those lines. Who was giving the kids the trophies?

Be involved in your kids life and teach them skills and mindsets to be successful when they’re older.

Pay attention to this one guys....

I’ve always wondered why older dudes love calling millennials the “participation trophy” generation or something along those lines. Who was giving the kids the trophies?

Be involved in your kids life and teach them skills and mindsets to be successful when they’re older.
Outstanding post

If we are going to single out a generation for "ruining" everything, it has to be Baby Boomers (parents of Millennials). They are far more entitled than Millennials are, and as previously mentioned, they raised Millennials.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol
1/2 of it is.

I think the “participation trophy” part is lost on his post.
I honestly agree with both his points. The blame for the generation in question falls on us in the previous generation. Many of which babied the **** out of our kids and didnt have the right involvement in their lives, so here we are. Not saying all of us parented our children like this, I certainly didnt, but my adult child isnt a degenerate either. This generation is a result of the previous generation's parenting.............IMO. Dont @ me either

Interested to hear your thoughts

You don’t get a trophy for finishing last time n soccer but yet, participation trophies are given.

Just like, simply showing up to work, shouldn’t be a great accomplishment.
I’ve seen too many in this generation expect certain things because it was the life they were taught by society and their parents.

Agreed.

I honestly agree with both his points. The blame for the generation in question falls on us in the previous generation. Many of which babied the **** out of our kids and didnt have the right involvement in their lives, so here we are. Not saying all of us parented our children like this, I certainly didnt, but my adult child isnt a degenerate either. This generation is a result of the previous generation's parenting.............IMO. Dont @ me either

Oh no doubt. There is plenty of blame to go around.
It just seems to be getting progressively worse.

Don’t @ me?

You don’t get a trophy for finishing last time n soccer but yet, participation trophies are given.

Just like, simply showing up to work, shouldn’t be a great accomplishment.
I’ve seen too many in this generation expect certain things because it was the life they were taught by society and their parents.
Not sure where we disagree.

Reactions: Rasputin_Vol

VN Store

Back