Mike Mayock likes Alvin Kamara.....

Daniel Jeremiah has Kamara ranked as his #26 overall prospect. He's the 4th running back on the list behind Fournette, Cook and Mccaffrey.

Kamara's stock will continue to rise. I think he runs a really fast 40. And tests well overall athletically. I'm gonna guess he goes in the mid-to-late 1st round when its all said and done.

No way he falls to the 2nd round as most around here assume.

Fair warning:

This is obvious trolling. It's why you get to take breaks you didn't ask for.

Trolling?

I've been saying this consistently.

I guess this site is all about censoring people's views.

How is having the opinion that Cam Sutton is the best CB prospect to enter the draft since 2007 trolling?

Its a legitimate opinion. I might be wrong. But its a sincerely held belief and in no way meant to "troll".

Trolling?

I've been saying this consistently.

I guess this site is all about censoring people's views.

How is having the opinion that Cam Sutton is the best CB prospect to enter the draft since 2007 trolling?

Its a legitimate opinion. I might be wrong. But its a sincerely held belief and in no way meant to "troll".
I'm an expert on trolling......this is indeed what you do

Reactions: 1 person
Is this a "no way" in the same way that Marquez North wasn't going to make it past the 4th?

The North prediction was more hopeful. I was basically just projecting my own views. Sorta like how I believe Cam Sutton is the best corner since Darrelle Revis.

This view that Alvin will go in the first round is actually based more on the fact that this opinion is now spreading. First Mayock, then Bucky Brooks, and now Daniel Jeremiah.

Expect the Alvin Kamara hype to only increase.

Its a legitimate opinion.

No it isn't. This opinion cannot be formed by any unbiased assessment of the facts. And don't start on "watching film" because unless you intentionally skipped a whole lot of game action, then any film study on Sutton will feature him getting worked way more often than a legendary DB should.

I might be wrong.

But if you are you will never admit it

But its a sincerely held belief and in no way meant to "troll".

You cannot "sincerely" compare Sutton to one of the best NFL DBs of the last decade.

No it isn't. This opinion cannot be formed by any unbiased assessment of the facts. And don't start on "watching film" because unless you intentionally skipped a whole lot of game action, then any film study on Sutton will feature him getting worked way more often than a legendary DB should.

But if you are you will never admit it

You cannot "sincerely" compare Sutton to one of the best NFL DBs of the last decade.

Don't waste your time. When he ends up being wrong about 90% of his predictions he will just blame the NFL organizations they play for instead of admitting he was just flat out wrong.

But if you are you will never admit it.

Why not? At the same point in time Darrelle Revis was also a college player with question marks about his speed and doubts about whether he deserved to have gone as high as he did to the Jets. If somebody said at that point he would be the best CB to enter the NFL since Deion Sanders, people would have thought that was crazy as well. But it has turned out to be true.

I think Cam Sutton will be the best CB in the NFL in the near future. I think Darrelle Revis is a good comparison for him. I also believe Alvin Kamara can be a Marshall Faulk type player in the NFL. And Josh Dobbs can be like Randall Cunningham.

This is not trolling. These are my sincere beliefs based on watching these 3 guys play lots of football at Tennessee and looking back at old footage of Cunningham and Faulk while also watching Revis for most of his career.

If I'm wrong about this. Then I will be more than willing to say I was wrong.

Why not? At the same point in time Darrelle Revis was also a college player with question marks about his speed and doubts about whether he deserved to have gone as high as he did to the Jets. If somebody said at that point he would be the best CB to enter the NFL since Deion Sanders, people would have thought that was crazy as well. But it has turned out to be true.

Revis was dominant during his last year at Pitt. Teams wouldn't throw his way. He got very few chances to make a play, but he returned both of his picks for TDs. He was on a mediocre team, but he was great. You're right in that no one would have predicted that he'd be as good as he turned out to be in the league, but that gives more credence to the idea that you shouldn't make obscene predictions about college players.

Either way, if you watch tape of Revis and Sutton in college, you will not see a ton of similarities. Namely, no one was hesitant to throw at Sutton.

LOL @ safety?

Watch Cam Sutton climb right back into the 1st round discussion after a dominant week at the senior bowl.

He's the best CB to enter the NFL since Darrelle Revis in 2007.

Cam is not good enough in coverage to play CB in the NFL. He will go 3rd-5th round. Hes not the best CB in the sec much less the best since 2007. He can be a solid safety and a dangers return man.

Cam is not good enough in coverage to play CB in the NFL. He will go 3rd-5th round. Hes not the best CB in the sec much less the best since 2007. He can be a solid safety and a dangers return man.

I hope you stick around for another week or so.

I want to hear what you have to say after it comes out that Cam Sutton is the best CB during practices at the senior bowl and that his stock is back in the 1st round.

I've said this for a while now. Butch Jones is probably the best evaluator out there when it comes to identifying talent. Remember he somehow found Antonio Brown and JJ Watt as 2-stars while he was at Central Michigan. But then again he's also the absolute worst coach at utilizing that talent. The fact it took injuries or guys quitting for Dobbs and Kamara to see the field in their careers just shows how poor of an actual coach he is. Plus we all know how bad he is at game management.

Until he turns over all control in terms of the actual coaching of the game and sticks to recruiting, evaluating, and motivating kids, he'll continue to fail here. He needs to understand his strengths and weaknesses. Unfortunately he's too hard-headed to see it.
Antonio Brown was going to FSU before his grades prevented him from getting in. He was an all state player from Miami and Butch thought JJ Watt was a better TE than DE.

Antonio Brown was going to FSU before his grades prevented him from getting in. He was an all state player from Miami and Butch thought JJ Watt was a better TE than DE.

That's absolutely not true. Antonio Brown was not highly recruited at all. He wasn't even rated by rivals. Just read this article talking about how nobody really saw much in Brown coming out of high school. Recruiting rewind: How 5 Steelers were rated coming out of high school - Pittsburgh Steelers Blog- ESPN

And Bell, who had only a handful of scholarship offers before signing with Michigan State, was pursued like a five-star recruit by schools compared to Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown.

FTR Bell was a 2 star recruit. So if Bell was pursued like a 5 star compared to Brown, that should let you know how nobody really saw much in Antonio Brown coming out of high school.

FYI I could not find anything online about FSU ever being interested in Brown.

Cam Sutton and Jourdan Lewis (another senior) are better than any of the underclassmen.

No they aren't.

I haven't seen enough of Lewis to make comments beyond what others think of him.

But I watched Sutton a lot, and dude is a scrappy guy with decent ball skills. But his coverage abilities are lacking. He gets outrun and outworked far too often. Absolutely no one is scared to throw at him.

No they aren't.

I haven't seen enough of Lewis to make comments beyond what others think of him.

But I watched Sutton a lot, and dude is a scrappy guy with decent ball skills. But his coverage abilities are lacking. He gets outrun and outworked far too often. Absolutely no one is scared to throw at him.

He was better his first 3 years. He regressed, but I blame that on Martinez being his coach. Sutton has the physical traits and he's a great punt returner. I'm not saying he's going to be a hall of famer or anything but I think he can be a solid NFL players if coached up. He wasn't getting coached up here that's for sure

Didn't Brown basically go unrecruited because he all but flunked out of high school?

I don't know about flunking out of high school but the criticism of him has usually been he's not very big or very fast.

He did go in the 6th round for a reason even after a prolific career at Central Michigan.

He's barely 5'10" and runs the 40 in 4.6 seconds. Not really a good combination for getting major college or pro attention.

Antonio Brown like Josh Norman (another guy who was barely recruited out of high school and who went in the 6th round of the draft because he lacked ideal measureables) is a guy who exceeded the expectations laid upon him by the so-called experts.

I don't know why it's so hard for you guys to admit these "scouts" and "recruiting analysts" don't always know everything. Everyone missed on Antonio Brown and Josh Norman. There is no explanation for it.

No they aren't.

Wow. Your hatred of Sutton is hilarious. Just because you only watched him once against Bama in 2015 where Ridley got a couple of lucky catches on him doesn't make lies like this true. There is a reason he was a first team All-SEC pick at CB going into the season.

The good news here is the draft isn't very far off and it shouldnt be too long till the 2017 NFL season kicks.

It should be fun bumping up some of these ridiculous comments you're saying about Cam Sutton.

I don't know about flunking out of high school but the criticism of him has usually been he's not very big or very fast.

He did go in the 6th round for a reason even after a prolific career at Central Michigan.

He's barely 5'10" and runs the 40 in 4.6 seconds. Not really a good combination for getting major college or pro attention.

Antonio Brown like Josh Norman (another guy who was barely recruited out of high school and who went in the 6th round of the draft because he lacked ideal measureables) is a guy who exceeded the expectations laid upon him by the so-called experts.

I don't know why it's so hard for you guys to admit these "scouts" and "recruiting analysts" don't always know everything. Everyone missed on Antonio Brown and Josh Norman. There is no explanation for it.

I don't think anyone is suggesting they know everything... ...exponentially more than you claim you do would be a more accurate statement.

I'm trying to find an article on him, but I have a recollection of reading somewhere that Brown's academics were a disaster, and he only made it thru high school because of a school system that had insanely low standards for athletics eligibility. He didn't come close to passing the NCAA clearinghouse.

Even coming out of prep school, he got turned down by just about everyone. NC Tech Prep is a diploma mill in an office park, and many players don't even attend class, though I have no idea if Brown did or didn't. Brown had contact with Jones while he was still at WVU, and when Butch moved to a school with lower standards (and it is really saying something to have lower standards than WVU) he was able to latch on. And even that only occurred after he'd been kicked out of FIU for a disciplinary problem.

While it is certainly true that Brown has way outperformed his draft position, it's also true that the guy came into the league with a whole lot of red flags in his recent past. I imagine that had to affect many GMs' decisions.

Wow. Your hatred of Sutton is hilarious. Just because you only watched him once against Bama in 2015 where Ridley got a couple of lucky catches on him doesn't make lies like this true.

Are you seriously going to pretend that Ridley was the only one? Heck, Amari Cooper had more than 100 yards on plays with Sutton in single coverage.

There is a reason he was a first team All-SEC pick at CB going into the season.

Ah yes, pre-season prognostications. Let's just ignore the fact that Sutton didn't even make second team all-conference coming out of 2015, which would actually be based on performance rather than speculation.

VN Store

Back