Mike Leach to Miss. St.

It also depends on the leverage, inside/outside, etc... but yeah, I watched Tom Brady get pissed all year because at times, he sees it differently than some of his receivers. These aren’t new concepts and they aren’t exclusive to Leach, Mumme, Kingsbury, etc...the NFL has been borrowing this stuff, they just will not call it air raid or run and shoot. The Ravens are a perfect example, except for the linemen’s splits.
I love the concepts. Tennessee runs Y shallow on occasion and probably Y Sail and Mesh from time to time. I just prefer to be able to rely on you're running game, get double teams, and be able to attack different gaps using anything from Trap, to Power, to Inside Zone.

I love the concepts. Tennessee runs Y shallow on occasion and probably Y Sail and Mesh from time to time. I just prefer to be able to rely on you're running game, get double teams, and be able to attack different gaps using anything from Trap, to Power, to Inside Zone.

All stuff Coach Cutliffe ran here years ago. But there is a reason he and Leach both put QB’s in the NFL regularly.

I think all the air raid guys value the run game, they just attack it differently imo. Everybody runs zone, gap , iso, power, counter...it comes down to practice and organization. What you choose to hang yer hat on I guess. You CAN do it all, but can you do it ALL well?

All stuff Coach Cutliffe ran here years ago. But there is a reason he and Leach both put QB’s in the NFL regularly.

I think all the air raid guys value the run game, they just attack it differently imo. Everybody runs zone, gap , iso, power, counter...it comes down to practice and organization. What you choose to hang yer hat on I guess. You CAN do it all, but can you do it ALL well?
I get that point. You can be successful pass interference ng with 5 concepts. I just dont think you're going to be extremely successful just running inside zone exclusively mainly because the defense knows that's all you run.

I’m a fan of Leach.

If nothing else, the SEC just got more fun.

The Egg Bowl will be must-see TV.
I can’t wait for SEC media days with leach, Kiffin, and orgeron. Will be interesting to see if LSU dominated through the air due to Brady and burrow or if SEC defenses aren’t built to stop pass heavy offenses.

Reactions: Jaws
OK. Didn't hear they had fired Moorhead. I think there will be a little less cowbell and a few MSU fans dressing as pirates and whatever else Leach he comments on. It will take time and winning for that to happen, and it will be small pockets of fans. If he puts together a good staff, this ought to be good for them.

Meanwhile, can anyone else believe how bad the Titans are trashing the Ravens? I'm sure Titans fans are going nuts and probably loving that, but I expected better from Baltimore.

VN Store

Back