Mike Leach to Miss. St.

Best of luck to him and I still wish he was wearing Orange. Mississippi State is similar to his other jobs so it'll be interesting to see how he does.

Accomplished more? In the 10 years before him WASU won 48 games. Leach won 55 in 8 years. Paul Wulff nearly destroyed the program. Bill Doba did help matters either.

Don't try it. I've had these debates with the anti-Pirate crowd enough. Leach has produced winners at two of the worst FBS programs in the country. I have no doubt that he'll do well with the SEC resources MSU has.

Between him, Kiffin, and you know who...we got potential for a real clown show in the SEC. Does the Commissioner not have the authority to vet any of these hires?
They can’t even Vet refs correctly.. so what makes you think they wouldn’t be biased towards a few specials schools ??

hahah great now we will get to see how overrated he really is
Who overrated him other than 'some people?
I find him entertaining and am glad to him in the SEC. Of course the VOL S will curb stomp them whenever they play.
I hope MSU becomes a thorn in bama's side.

Reactions: T_Vol376
Good hire for State. Honestly don't think they could have done any better, few guys want that job. If Leach wasn't so desperate to get into the SEC, he probably wouldn't have even taken the job. But I'm glad he did, should be exciting. The SEC is more fun when the Mississippi teams are competitive.

Butch & Stoops: Worst coach pairing ever!

If Stoops stays he will have to structure his defenses to be on the field a lot longer due to 1-2 minute Air Raid scoring drives.

The first coach to start playing two complete defenses is likely going to look like a genius. The current all offense game (besides being offensive in itself) is wearing out their own defenses ... devolving into ping pong matches with basketball scores.

Whoa, things just got interesting in the SEC, especially the West.

Egg Bowl theatrics and quotes from Kiffen and Leach will be golden globe worthy.

So Leach was ok with that SEC dumpster fire but not the one at Tennessee? I guess if he can handle the Starkness of Lubbock, TX and Pullman, WA, then he can handle Starkvegas!

Now more than ever we need Nieds and will miss Johnson in recruiting Western Tennessee!

Leach wanted to come to ut

I can’t wait for the trash talking to start. The Egg Bowl is going to be great next year!

I would say Saban isn't worried about an air raid attack from the pirate but we did steal his best defensive coordinator he ever had vs air attacks.

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back