Mike Leach accepted the UT Job, then we withdrew the offer... Let that sink in

You're right. I need to get with the program here.

2007: "Stop sayin' Saban's is a good coach. Our coach is the Great Pumpkin, the ONLY good coach!"
2008: "Fahr Fulmer!"
2009: "Stop sayin' Urban Meyer's a good coach. Our coach is Lane the Great, the ONLY good one!"
2010: "Kiffin's leavin'? Whar's my couch and lighter fluid??! That no good sumbitch!!!"
2011: "Stop sayin' Gary Patterson's a good coach. Our coach is Derek the Great, the ONLY good coach!"
2012: "Fahr Dooley!"
2013: "Stop sayin' Dabo Swinney's a good coach. Our coach is Butch the Great, the ONLY good coach!"
2014: "Brick by brick!!! Brick by brick!!! Brick by brick!!! Brick by brick!!! Brick by brick!!! Brick by brick!!!"
2015: "See, I told you so!!!"
2016: "Champions of Life, baby, YEAH!!! Butch, we love thee!!! Butch, we praise thee!!!"
2017: "Leadership reps!!! Five star hearts!!! Leadership reps!!! Five star hearts!!! Leadership reps!!!"
Later in 2017: "Fahr Butch!!!"
2018: "Stop sayin' Mike Leach is a good coach. Our coach is Jeremy the Great, the ONLY good coach in college football history since Neyland!"
2019: "See, I told you so!"
Coulda just wrote “I’m a ragin troll” instead of proving it in chronological order. 😏
Most of us remember when boy butch was "the greatest recruiter of all time, rebuilding a program into the National Champions, one season from winning the SEC, etc.", when anyone questioned boy butch's super powers, they were attacked. I believe many had an "unnatural" man crush on boy butch-and still do. How many of the boy butch brigade, after years of singing his praises, have ever stated they were wrong? Not many. CJP is the best coach we've had for many years. Is he the coach that will return the VOLs to a program respected and feared on a national stage? Don't know, I hope he is, we'll find out next season. If he is as good as many think, we'll have a GREAT season-if not, we'll be able to tell by keeping an eye on SEC play (for me powder-puff games don't count). Game 2, Oklahoma is going to be telling, beat Oklahoma in Norman, we'll be on a roll.

Reactions: JuicyBrucey
You're right. I need to get with the program here.

2007: "Stop sayin' Saban's is a good coach. Our coach is the Great Pumpkin, the ONLY good coach!"
2008: "Fahr Fulmer!"
2009: "Stop sayin' Urban Meyer's a good coach. Our coach is Lane the Great, the ONLY good one!"
2010: "Kiffin's leavin'? Whar's my couch and lighter fluid??! That no good sumbitch!!!"
2011: "Stop sayin' Gary Patterson's a good coach. Our coach is Derek the Great, the ONLY good coach!"
2012: "Fahr Dooley!"
2013: "Stop sayin' Dabo Swinney's a good coach. Our coach is Butch the Great, the ONLY good coach!"
2014: "Brick by brick!!! Brick by brick!!! Brick by brick!!! Brick by brick!!! Brick by brick!!! Brick by brick!!!"
2015: "See, I told you so!!!"
2016: "Champions of Life, baby, YEAH!!! Butch, we love thee!!! Butch, we praise thee!!!"
2017: "Leadership reps!!! Five star hearts!!! Leadership reps!!! Five star hearts!!! Leadership reps!!!"
Later in 2017: "Fahr Butch!!!"
2018: "Stop sayin' Mike Leach is a good coach. Our coach is Jeremy the Great, the ONLY good coach in college football history since Neyland!"
2019: "See, I told you so!"
That’s a bunch of straw men there. But keep grasping on a mediocre pirate who will never be a great HC or even at a big time program. Ever

1. Sure looks like, after 18 seasons as a D1 head coach, that he’s never gonna that shot to coach at a “top program”.....cause none of the top programs want him as their head coach. Wonder why?

2. If he can’t pull any “elite talent” after 18 years of coaching where he’s shown to be an offensive genius in the Big 12 and PAC-12, why should anybody believe he’d do it in the SEC, at Tennessee, recruiting against Florida, Georgia, Auburn, LSU and Alabama?

I believe the reason Leach hasn’t gotten a shot at a major school is because he’s a loose cannon. His antics and unpredictability scare off the blue bloods. I wouldn’t want him to head Tennessee. That said, an objective football person can see the man has had a major impact on the game and he has exceeded expectations everywhere he has been.

Reactions: JuicyBrucey
Most of us remember when boy butch was "the greatest recruiter of all time, rebuilding a program into the National Champions, one season from winning the SEC, etc.", when anyone questioned boy butch's super powers, they were attacked. I believe many had an "unnatural" man crush on boy butch-and still do. How many of the boy butch brigade, after years of singing his praises, have ever stated they were wrong? Not many. CJP is the best coach we've had for many years. Is he the coach that will return the VOLs to a program respected and feared on a national stage? Don't know, I hope he is, we'll find out next season. If he is as good as many think, we'll have a GREAT season-if not, we'll be able to tell by keeping an eye on SEC play (for me powder-puff games don't count). Game 2, Oklahoma is going to be telling, beat Oklahoma in Norman, we'll be on a roll.
I liked the energy he showed in recruiting...seemed tireless. Gave him the benefit of the doubt on the “infallible offense” pretty much until 2017, but I kept hoping there was a portion we hadn’t seen yet. Hated the blocking scheme and was very vocal on the board. Same people that were never Butchers on here strangely justified the staff’s rating on players like Brett Kendrick over Jack Jones and Chance Hall. Lot of bullfighting olè technique over straight manhandling. The Bajakian playcalling was mostly garbage and there was a ton of fakes and running backs standing still in the backfield waiting to get demolished. That Evan Berry had to wait for Young to get injured for his opportunity to turn the special teams into a weapon was another sock to the nuts. And that’s one area I don’t give Pruitt a pass on fwiw.

Reactions: orangevolcano
Crapping on the Mississippi State wIn is crapping on the defensive effort that won it. And you’ve never read ME crow about competing with Alabama so that’s YOUR strawman...you PHONY. It took a while to get there, but this staff got the best out of this team by the end of the season. But Great Fan On A Board with his belly hanging out and smoking a cig feels it’s too late to appreciate that, so anyone who does isn’t a “real fan”. Wallow in your misery and pray it keeps sucking enough so you can keep this pathetic act going.
Look at you backpedal. I'm glad "fans" like you won't be at the bowl game with me this week.

I'm happy with Pruitt so far and I still like mike leach.

I know. I know. The walls are tumbling down as I type this.

Would he have had success at Tennessee? I have no idea. But I would have definitely taken him over any of the other turds we were trying to hire at that time. Without a single doubt. Doren. Shiano. Purdue guy....yeah. mike leach over all those guys.

We get it you’re going to the bowl game, like a lot of us. I’m glad you don’t sit next to me all season. You belong in Florida.
The feelings mutual. I bet you were one of the hayseeds at the Buffalo game years ago yelling at the Buffalo fans to "look at the scoreboard"..lol.

The feelings mutual. I bet you were one of the hayseeds at the Buffalo game years ago yelling at the Buffalo fans to "look at the scoreboard"..lol.
I was there, I don’t do a lot of yelling, I’m a football nerd. I was actually pulling for them to score.

Reactions: butchna
Look at you backpedal. I'm glad "fans" like you won't be at the bowl game with me this week.
Look at YOU “accepting mediocrity” and “celebrating a meaningless bowl with a lame duck HC” and “cheering on a mediocre defense” and “cheering on a terrible QB” and “sitting next to inferior fans who don’t know they’re inferior to me because I don’t make eye contact with them” and...😎

Did you get triggered when he was yelling at your section? Bet you had a comeback that made you a hero with them? 😉

Reactions: Behr and BaldBiker
Did you get triggered when he was yelling at your section? Bet you had a comeback that made you a hero with them? 😉
Nah. Just low class UT fans yelling at Buffalo fans. Nothing I was shocked about seeing after attending UT and many, many games. Was it you wearing the overalls hooting and hollering at those Buffalo fans like your life depended on the win??

Look at YOU “accepting mediocrity” and “celebrating a meaningless bowl with a lame duck HC” and “cheering on a mediocre defense” and “cheering on a terrible QB” and “sitting next to inferior fans who don’t know they’re inferior to me because I don’t make eye contact with them” and...😎
I only attend bowl games. I cheer on the team, not the QB or the defense. Stop projecting with your meaningless bowl game and lame duck HC comments. Neither are true. I would think a true fan such as yourself would be able to grasp that. Sad. It would be a shame if your nieces brothers cousins dogs roommate transferred schools and took your fandom with them.

I only attend bowl games. I cheer on the team, not the QB or the defense. Stop projecting with your meaningless bowl game and lame duck HC comments. Neither are true. I would think a true fan such as yourself would be able to grasp that. Sad. It would be a shame if your nieces brothers cousins dogs roommate transferred schools and took your fandom with them.
This is more of the “you can’t be a fan of this team if you didn’t attend the school” mentality? K. It would be a shame to live a second in your world.

Leach is to far out there for our good old boys boosters plus no TENNESSEEE ties, plus Jimmy didn't want him thats the problem at Tennessee.

Leach is to far out there for our good old boys boosters plus no TENNESSEEE ties, plus Jimmy didn't want him thats the problem at Tennessee.

Jimmy's boy Currie hired him according to some here....wait, what thread is this?

Lol. We need to get our stories straight round here.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Jimmy's boy Currie hired hired him according to some here....wait, what thread is this?
Liked it better when you couldn’t tell wth Terry was saying. When you understand him, you appreciate the former hieroglyphics. 😏

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back