Mike Farrell

Actually, he rated Trey lower than most and Tennessee fans have been personally attacking him nonstop. I guess it got to him, and he stooped to the TN fans level to let them know he was right after all...but in doing so he failed to think how his response was coming across since it involved an innocent, 3rd party that has gone through a lot of obstacles in his life (Trey). Farrell screwed up by stooping to the same level as the TN fans that have been going after him relentlessly. Of course, now these same TN fans are "taking the high road" in wanting to hold Farrell to a higher standard than they are holding themselves to.

Farrell and a bunch of supposed TN fans are proving themselves to be pathetic in arguing/debating/getting personally involved in 18-22 year old kids playing a sport. Sad.
He chose to make his living critiquing high school kids and selling his opinion. Reactions are part of it, and Tennessee isn't the only college with fans who don't like their players being insulted.

His tweet yesterday was ignorant.

Actually, he rated Trey lower than most and Tennessee fans have been personally attacking him nonstop. I guess it got to him, and he stooped to the TN fans level to let them know he was right after all...but in doing so he failed to think how his response was coming across since it involved an innocent, 3rd party that has gone through a lot of obstacles in his life (Trey). Farrell screwed up by stooping to the same level as the TN fans that have been going after him relentlessly. Of course, now these same TN fans are "taking the high road" in wanting to hold Farrell to a higher standard than they are holding themselves to.

Farrell and a bunch of supposed TN fans are proving themselves to be pathetic in arguing/debating/getting personally involved in 18-22 year old kids playing a sport. Sad.
This is a crap take.

Farrell is a long time crooting "analyst" that went twitter for his job, and realized the power of social. he often will use a "shock jock" approach, but it's more "i don't care." he is used to the criticism, it doesn't bother him, he is probably sipping a bourbon.

There is a reason he is called ANALyst

That is what I said in that post you replied to.

I seriously doubt that there are any Tennessee fans still giving Farrell a hard time over an evaluation made four years ago. Your description of him being "personally attacked nonstop" by Tennessee fans is absurd. I would say that not very many of us even remember or care about Farrell's analysis from back then. It's not like he is a famous person.

Nothing excuses that Tweet from yesterday either. Farrell was gloating... and showing no understanding for the very serious health concerns that Trey Smith had to cope with while playing in college.

If you want to send a real message to a real person, I suggest you Tweet to this gentleman, Executive VP & Group CEO Verizon Media who owns Yahoo who owns Rivals who takes ownership for what Mr Farrell said on purpose until he got called out for an idiotic comment.

https://twitter.com/gurugk

We have multiple phones on VZ, own stock in the company for decades, family work ties... greatly disappointed in VZ/Yahoo/RIvals that Mr Farrell does not get some suspension or pay docked. People have lost their job for a lot less.

And people wonder why journalists, news people and commentators are approaching the bottom of the totem pole in respect...

That is what I said in that post you replied to.

I seriously doubt that there are any Tennessee fans still giving Farrell a hard time over an evaluation made four years ago. Your description of him being "personally attacked nonstop" by Tennessee fans is absurd. I would say that not very many of us even remember or care about Farrell's analysis from back then. It's not like he is a famous person.

Nothing excuses that Tweet from yesterday either. Farrell was gloating... and showing no understanding for the very serious health concerns that Trey Smith had to cope with while playing in college.
He also showed zero understanding of his own chosen profession. You SHOULDN'T be a thin skinned pussy in his profession. Especially now days when more and more people view the media as lying propagandists..

He stooped much lower than the Tennessee fans who decided to critique his opinion. That’s the thing, he gets paid to give his opinion on things, he’s gotta expect people to disagree with him sometimes. Quit trying to blame the fans who disagreed with his assessment for this.

If it was Trey's technique, work habits, things over which he has control, then I think most Vol fans could understand it better. They myu not agree with it but understand it.

But when you make light, mock, or make fun of somebody with a disease you have entered a whole new territory of the low of lows. People with illnesses over which they can do nothing but be victimized by it deserve no mockery of their having it or having it affect their lives.

Going down to your local kids cancer ward must be chucklefest for this sick bxxxxxd.

He stooped much lower than the Tennessee fans who decided to critique his opinion. That’s the thing, he gets paid to give his opinion on things, he’s gotta expect people to disagree with him sometimes. Quit trying to blame the fans who disagreed with his assessment for this.

Exactly.

And, btw, we're just taking his word on this anyway, which we shouldn't be, given his history. He's making it out like a mass number of people unfairly attacked him, but in reality, there was probably like 2-3 people. If you write for an audience of thousands of people on the Internet, on any subject that people are passionate about, you will almost invariably get at least a few a-holes responding with a bunch of insults. It's part of the territory. If Farrell can't handle that, he shouldn't be a sportswriter; particularly a sportswriter who purposely posts dumb, inflammatory opinions.

Nice try Mike but too obvious.

gtfo mike

This is what "forgetting your place" looks like in real time. Every so often a sports journalist starts thinking their words mean more than the actual games. That what they do contributes more to the sport. That making money through controversial hot takes is the winning move. That's when they get arrogant -- and from the look of it, this guy hit arrogant a long time ago. Farrell makes his living riding on the back of sports and has the hubris to talk poop about disagreements about a player's future work prospects as if it's a solely a contest of bragging rights and not someone's future. It's not that he can't speculate- that's his "job." But a professional would speculate and comment with class. Mike Farrell clearly has none.

It'd be nice if he could pull his head out of his ass long enough to find his misplaced professionalism, but he seems pretty comfortable up in there.

This is what "forgetting your place" looks like in real time. Every so often a sports journalist starts thinking their words mean more than the actual games. That what they do contributes more to the sport. That making money through controversial hot takes is the winning move. That's when they get arrogant -- and from the look of it, this guy hit arrogant a long time ago. Farrell makes his living riding on the back of sports and has the hubris to talk poop about disagreements about a player's future work prospects as if it's a solely a contest of bragging rights and not someone's future. It's not that he can't speculate- that's his "job." But a professional would speculate and comment with class. Mike Farrell clearly has none.

It'd be nice if he could pull his head out of his ass long enough to find his misplaced professionalism, but he seems pretty comfortable up in there.
As bad as he is, he is no worse than most of the members of the local sports media. He just doesn’t try to be civil when he shares his corrupt opinions with the public.

If you want to send a real message to a real person, I suggest you Tweet to this gentleman, Executive VP & Group CEO Verizon Media who owns Yahoo who owns Rivals who takes ownership for what Mr Farrell said on purpose until he got called out for an idiotic comment.

https://twitter.com/gurugk

We have multiple phones on VZ, own stock in the company for decades, family work ties... greatly disappointed in VZ/Yahoo/RIvals that Mr Farrell does not get some suspension or pay docked. People have lost their job for a lot less.

And people wonder why journalists, news people and commentators are approaching the bottom of the totem pole in respect...

Interesting timing, today Verizon announced they are selling Verizon Media.
Don't mess with Vols

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back