Mike Canales it is !! [RUMOR]

Seems like Mike Canales will be joining 'the best staff in America'. The former North Texas Mean Green Offensive coordinator will be 'enhancing' our offense and not 'overhauling' it.
Apparently he was 'the guy' among multiple phone calls and texts Butch had received for the job. This offensive guru also had previous stops at USF and Arizona.
Canales could be sharing co-offensive duties will Larry Scott.
The army of former Central Michigan staff armed with new 'Mean Green' General will be winning Championships (of life ? ) here at UT brick by brick.

Announcement most likely on Friday.

Thanks Mike but we still don't want you

We just hired a very experienced OC. You're *****ing for the sake of *****ing.

I'm *****ing cause I'm sick of this ****!

We haven't had a coach since Fulmer left. In that time Vandy, KY, OM, MS, Missouri, and every body else has gotten better. Penn State had the death penalty and look at them. What's wrong here? You like this hire? He's going to get it done just like the past 6!

And with our luck, he will and our D will be looking like it did because Shoop only looked good cause Franklin was so good

Butch has one, maybe two years at most and will be stabilizing the program the whole time. I don't know why you wouldn't support him and give him the benefit of the doubt in that time. Maybe he will pull it off?

I'm *****ing cause I'm sick of this ****!

We haven't had a coach since Fulmer left. In that time Vandy, KY, OM, MS, Missouri, and every body else has gotten better. Penn State had the death penalty and look at them. What's wrong here? You like this hire? He's going to get it done just like the past 6!

And with our luck, he will and our D will be looking like it did because Shoop only looked good cause Franklin was so good

Thats a very good point on PSU a far worse situation and they're back to conference titles and rose bowls

Offenses ranked 76th, 105, 121st, and 114th in total offense among his stint as North Texas OC and Asst Head Coach.

Those are the type of concrete data points I am looking for when wanting to "enhance" the offense.

Jones makes this hire and he is proving Cowherd 100% correct.

Reactions: 3 people
Butch has one, maybe two years at most and will be stabilizing the program the whole time. I don't know why you wouldn't support him and give him the benefit of the doubt in that time. Maybe he will pull it off?

Here's the problem I have. Butch just finished year 4 heading into year 5 and we still end these sentences with a ??

Reactions: 2 people
Either that or Helfrich was never interested in the job in the first place despite all the self proclaimed insiders who thought he was a legit candidate.

Correct. Helfrich was never a candidate. Was at Tennessee's bowl practice in Nashville for all of 15 minutes. Was in town to visit with Mariota.

Offenses ranked 76th, 105, 121st, and 114th in total offense among his stint as North Texas OC and Asst Head Coach.

Those are the type of concrete data points I am looking for when wanting to "enhance" the offense.

Jones makes this hire and he is proving Cowherd 100% correct.

This cant be real life

Its a bad dream

Look I agree we need to start thinking a little more UT centric and results oriented at this point. We are in that position. But you have Butch to thank for that. He just pulled UT out of the grave.

Reactions: 2 people
It's comical that people actually think other head coaches are hands off.

Keep in mind that some people only regurgitate what their neighbor or buddies tell them and take that as truth. They have small minds that aren't even capable of grasping how many moving parts are involved in a program like UT Football. If they did, they would realize that there has to be a control freak in charge at the top if there is any hope of success. You can't have 20 coaches/trainers running willy nilly and expect any semblance of cohesion. That absolute ignorance of some football fans in general is astounding.

And who would have done it better?

That's impossible to answer with any certainty.
Butch has improved the program from where it was with Dooley. That's a fact and I think any reasonable person will give him credit for that accomplishment. My questions is can he get us back to where we should be? After year 4, should that still be a question?

We just hired a very experienced OC. You're *****ing for the sake of *****ing.
I understand what you're implying, but; that doesn't always translate to something good. I have an old friend that is very, very, experienced with shotguns. he has probably owned 20 different models over the years and has been using the same one for the last 15. still can't hit the broad side of anything and sure couldn't instruct or train anyone how. Just an example.:dunno:

That's impossible to answer with any certainty.
Butch has improved the program from where it was with Dooley. That's a fact and I think any reasonable person will give him credit for that accomplishment. My questions is can he get us back to where we should be? After year 4, should that still be a question?

You don't think Butch knows he is coaching for his job at this point?

Of we can stop dropping the ball so much our offense will be fine.

Shoop needs to get that defense on shut down mode.

Release the Beast!

VN Store

Back