President Joe Biden - Kamala Harris Administration

Those "pallets of cash" was Iran's to begin with.

It sure may have been...

But if I were Reagan or Bush or Clinton the next Bush, I personally would have dispersed it to the hostages or the surviving families of the hostages. Because I'm an a-hole like that.

And it could have just as easily been done via a wire transfer through the UN or other such agency. Why on this Earth did it need to be cash? Euros specifically.

It sure may have been...

But if I were Reagan or Bush or Clinton the next Bush, I personally would have dispersed it to the hostages or the surviving families of the hostages. Because I'm an a-hole like that.

And it could have just as easily been done via a wire transfer through the UN or other such agency. Why on this Earth did it need to be cash? Euros specifically.

Yea..something stinks to heaven to send physical pallets. Why waste the time and effort. Not like the Iranians sent pallets of cash to the US.

Yea..something stinks to heaven to send physical pallets. Why waste the time and effort. Not like the Iranians sent pallets of cash to the US.
It almost certainly was done in cash versus wire transfer because there are laws in many countries, including the U.S., that prevent wire transfers funding terrorist organizations and countries. Banks wouldn't have wanted any part of this, as it was a massive amount of money with way too obvious links to directly funding terrorist activities.

It almost certainly was done in cash versus wire transfer because there are laws in many countries, including the U.S., that prevent wire transfers funding terrorist organizations and countries. Banks wouldn't have wanted any part of this, as it was a massive amount of money with way too obvious links to directly funding terrorist activities.

Very intelligent of you. Ok now makes sense. Loopholes around law sounds like an Obama move

It sure may have been...

Well it was done in pallets of cash for some kind of nefarious reason obviously. I'm not disputing the odd nature of returning pallets of cash. I'm just saying that the cash belonged to Iran from the very beginning. And if you are so concerned about punishing terrorist states, when are we going to sanction and withhold funds from the Saudis? We seeming ly only pick on the Iranians and make them out to be the worst country on earth.

It hadn't been theirs for over 40 years why did Barry have decide to be the one to send it to them at that time?
Don't know. Again, it was obviously some undercover/nefarious dealing going on. I'm not sure the 40 years part is correct. I was thinking the sanctions in this particular case were imposed in the 2000 decade or so, but I could be wrong on that. I didn't think it reached back to 1979... or at least most of it didn't.

Reactions: NurseGoodVol
Well it was done in pallets of cash for some kind of nefarious reason obviously. I'm not disputing the odd nature of returning pallets of cash. I'm just saying that the cash belonged to Iran from the very beginning. And if you are so concerned about punishing terrorist states, when are we going to sanction and withhold funds from the Saudis? We seeming ly only pick on the Iranians and make them out to be the worst country on earth.

Here we go...

Look, I acknowledge the fact it was "theirs" to begin with. You acknowledge the fact doing it it cash looks shady as hell.

Let's just stop at that point without getting into the semantics of state directed terrorism versus nationals that commit terrorism.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Here we go...

Look, I acknowledge the fact it was "theirs" to begin with. You acknowledge the fact doing it it cash looks shady as hell.

Let's just stop at that point without getting into the semantics of state directed terrorism versus nationals that commit terrorism.

The Saudis don't fund madrasas in Pakistan and across the Middle East that stir up their Wahhabi fanaticism? That isn't state sponsored terror?

1953... we started the chaos in Iran when we overthrew Mossedegh and it has been a failed state ever since. That was our foreign policy blunder.
Yeah OK.... again, we still should have told them to piss off and kept the money. What are they gonna do about it? Throw more terrorists at us?

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back