Middleton?

Wormwood

Been hearing something going on with him? Anyone know the details? Saw it posted on VQ. Help would be appreciated, can’t tell if it’s bad or good things. Just said “rumor on TOS about Middleton” and looked like a lot of chatter.

Reactions: RollerVol
I have ZERO tolerance for Division 1 athletes on full scholarship with grade problems...the assets provided are MORE than enough to MAINTAIN ELIGIBILITY!

*if that actually is the “issue”

Man...it's just not that simple always.
Some kids have learning disabilities but can still ball.

Floyd Mayweather can't even read at a 5th grade level but he's maybe the best boxer ever...

Early education is crucial and some kids just never get that. Broken homes..broken school systems...etc

Floyd Mayweather can't even read at a 5th grade level but he's maybe the best boxer ever...

Early education is crucial and some kids just never get that. Broken homes..broken school systems...etc

Exactly! I have no idea what the situation is in this particular case.

However, college is not for everyone. But, football athletes need experience and exposure to play at the professional level.

But, they can get into college. Huh?

No way Floyd is the best boxer ever. Smartest very possible. Smart in that he fought all the best guys after their prime

Then they should be able to pass. Especially with the resources available to them. Even if they have learning deficiencies, there are still ways to do the work and avenues available.

Btw......no idea if it’s grades or not.

Yes, I am just talking in general.

Some of those JUCO's with football teams have rep's of not tutoring very well.

SEC athletes do have a huge amount of resources available to teach. But, it can be very overwhelming when you are in a new environment for the first year. I' know several good high school students who couldn't make grades at UTK.

Yes, I am just talking in general.

Some of those JUCO's with football teams have rep's of not tutoring very well.

SEC athletes do have a huge amount of resources available to teach. But, it can be very overwhelming when you are in a new environment for the first year. I' know several good high school students who couldn't make grades at UTK.
Well....I’m definitely not going to get in the weeds on this and I hope he makes his grades and is successful......but I made good grades in HS, but struggled in college as well. Only because I partied waaaay to much and didn’t crack a book. Somehow still gragamated.

Well....I’m definitely not going to get in the weeds on this and I hope he makes his grades and is successful......but I made good grades in HS, but struggled in college as well. Only because I partied waaaay to much and didn’t crack a book. Somehow still gragamated.

It happens all the time. Some graduate, some go to a smaller school, some find work, etc.

Knoxville in the fall has a lot of distractions for a 18-21ish age male.

Lol...good times!

Reactions: Volarious
But, they can get into college. Huh?

Well...perhaps there needs to be developmental league. What does school have to do with NFL?

Why aren't players continuing education education during the NFL years mandatory?

I never had trouble with school as a collegiate athlete but I knew many who did. The tutors were beside themselves that some players struggled with simple 5 letter words or even addition and subtraction.

VN Store

Back