Mickey Deastone

I know he has been broadcasting for 22 years but every time I listen to him it's painful. I'm sure he's a very fine person but he's so monotone and rather boring to listen to. Hope it's not just me but I'd take Bob Kesling over Mickey ANY DAY~.
youre+not+alone.gif

I know he has been broadcasting for 22 years but every time I listen to him it's painful. I'm sure he's a very fine person but he's so monotone and rather boring to listen to. Hope it's not just me but I'd take Bob Kesling over Mickey ANY DAY~.

Wish the program would change that up. Would like to see us have a more modern LV media dept. Get the comm and media students involved.

Mickey just seems tired the last few seasons. He’s been a staple for a long time, but it’s time for something new.

I think Brian Rice would be the next man up. He already does Lady Vol Softball, and if you happen to notice, is the scorekeeper at the Lady Vol Basketball games. He reminds me so much of Mike Keith, so he might also be in line to replace Kesling.

F7FBED64-DB6B-4A31-93A4-BDD55934ED54.jpeg

Last edited:

From a long time John Ward fan: You all want Bob back? You can have him back. And if you put that in the form of a petition? Post where I can come to sign it. We will make a party of it.

Never heard of him, and fairly certain he doesn't call Lady Vol games.

Reactions: Rickster
I think Brian Rice would be the next man up. He already does Lady Vol Softball, and if you happen to notice, is the scorekeeper at the Lady Vol Basketball game. He reminds me so much of Mike Keith, so he might also be in line to replace Kesling.
Brian Rice is also the PA announcer at the Lady Vols volleyball matches.

Ur post is both painful and idiotic. The guy is 10 times rhe announcer ole Blob could ever hope to be. I’d rather listen to somebody who knows what the hell is going on whether it be the field or the court than somebody who can’t keep pace with well, really anything ANY DAY.

Last edited:
I actually like Dearstone, because he is very good a giving the score often and regularly. He lets you know whats going on. He just gives constant factual updates. Is he the most exciting person? No. Is he rather monotone? Yes. Is he a homer? Yes. But, at least you know what's going on during the game the entire time, unlike with Bob.

I 'm a Lady Vol bb fan since 1987. Used to live in Oak Ridge for 32 years but now am in St. Louis, MO. Haven't posted here in a long time, but I have to comment on this discussion.
Back in the day Bob Kesling did the broadcasts of the Lady Vols games. In my opinion, he was not proficient. This was particularly evident in the tv games. When MD got the job, the improvement was remarkable, in my opinion.

VN Store

Back