Michigan Investigated for Sign Stealing

Lol

Both sides blinked. Harbaugh is now cool with the B10 but still has the NCAA to deal with.

Looks like he's basically gonna get away with it for the year and then he gone to the NFL anyway. Oh well, for the first time in my life I will be rooting to tOSU to blow somebody out next week.
I dunno, I wouldn't mind Michigan winning it all then having to vacate, so no one wins.

Reactions: jp1 and VolNExile
Looks like the “Uncle T” figure may be a guy named Tim Smith. Apparently he was bragging on message boards about a “secretive competitive advantage” that Michigan had gained. Also sits on the board of the University’s endorsed NIL collective.

You can tell Michigan isn’t a SEC school. A real booster would have taken one for the team instead coming out saying he was scapegoated SMH

Looks like the “Uncle T” figure may be a guy named Tim Smith. Apparently he was bragging on message boards about a “secretive competitive advantage” that Michigan had gained. Also sits on the board of the University’s endorsed NIL collective.
Sat on the board of Michigan's NIL collective. Apparently he was suddenly dismissed today. He claims "they didn't even have the balls to call me."

This screen shot (apparently) from Michigan's "Champions Circle" appears in the article I linked.
Screen Shot 2023-11-17 at 10.07.23 PM.png
But if you click on the link in the story now, this is what you get now:

Last edited:
NCAA needs to keep digging here. Even if they can’t directly tie harbaugh to it, wouldn’t this be a lack of institutional control?
The LB coach was made a "fall guy" today in the signal stealing scandal. Why was Chris Partridge fired? Michigan football dismisses linebackers coach amid scandal That was before the "Uncle T" news, which made Michigan decide to withdraw its lawsuit and accept the Big 10's tiny penalty.

Don't forget there is the illegal use of computers in the Michigan football office, too, as a second scandal which has been under investigation since January, although the media has hushed that up all year. A separate "fall guy" was fired in that one.

The FBI reportedly joined that investigation last month.

There is also the third simultaneous scandal for which Harbaugh sat out games against teams like Ball State early this season. That apparently involved multiple recruiting and practice violations as well as Harbaugh lying to the NCAA.

Last edited:
Michigan's University President and Harbaugh fan boi pretty much looks like an azz at this point. Invested a lot of university credibility in a case where he didn't need to butt in.

If the LB coach didn't have knowledge of what was going on, how did he know where to go find/destroy the evidence? Seems like knowledge of ongoing illegal activity?

Can‘t believe the LB coach was the only coach with this knowledge since the stolen signs were both offense and defensive signs.

When does Beamer balls get exposed?

Reactions: CaliVol2009
You know what’s the worst part about this? It Michigan actually goes undefeated and wins the national title this year. Because it’s forever tainted while also proving going this far for what would now seem like pretty inconsequential advantages was stupid. Especially if they handle Ohio State again.

You know what’s the worst part about this? It Michigan actually goes undefeated and wins the national title this year. Because it’s forever tainted while also proving going this far for what would now seem like pretty inconsequential advantages was stupid. Especially if they handle Ohio State again.
Tennessee isn't going to be in it this year. Michigan winning it means Georgia does not. I am good with that. Georgia cannot brag about the title, while at the same time Michigan's title is forever considered with an asterisk. Also, F OSU.

Tennessee isn't going to be in it this year. Michigan winning it means Georgia does not. I am good with that. Georgia cannot brag about the title, while at the same time Michigan's title is forever considered with an asterisk. Also, F OSU.
Yep. Anyone but uga. And it's not just bragging about the title, they'd make history by being the only school to win 3 straight. Might not see that again. No way do I want uga to have a record like that which might not be broken.

VN Store

Back