'20 MI RB Peny Boone

6'2 225 could be our bruiser. Unless they want 2 of them this year.

This argument is the difference between the highlight videos available to us and the hours of video available to the staff.

Reactions: GoVolsDR
So thanks...it's guys like you that give me strength and encouragement to step into those difficult conversations that I avoid having on a daily basis.

Always happy to help a terrible poster with self-improvement. It’s clearly a constent struggle for you, but you’ll get there one day, champ.

But....how does he get a helmet on?

1.jpg

The 6-foot, 225-pound Boone said Tennessee made a good impression on him during Thursday’s visit after extending a scholarship offer to him more than nine months ago, and it’s “a place I’ll visit more often” in the coming months. “I always liked them,” said Boone. “I just wanted to see how it looked. I liked it. It was different. I liked the school.”

Walking inside Tennessee’s Anderson Training Center and seeing the Vols’ indoor practice field was among the highlights of the visit for Boone. “When you first walk in there, I thought it was, like, a regular building going up to the practice field or something,” he said. "The practice field, you go up an elevator and then (the practice field is), like, right there. I liked how it was set up.” Despite already having a good impression of Tennessee, Boone said he “didn’t know nothing about it” before arriving in Knoxville on Thursday. “I liked the school,” he said. “I just didn't know a lot about it.”

“It’s almost like a family down there,” Boone said. “I liked how it is down there. I liked it a lot.” Boone said he recently has been in contact with Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt, talking with him, “like, every other week,” and he enjoyed meeting with some of the Vols’ coaches while he was on campus. “They just said they need a big running back. There’s not a lot of big running backs. There’s only a few,” Boone said. "The coaches, they get really fired up. They were really fired up when we got there. I liked that.”

Boone, who also stopped at Cincinnati, Kentucky, Toledo and Bowling Green during the road trip, said he’s not sure when he might make it back to Tennessee. But he said the Vols are one of the teams currently in line to host him on an official visit. “Teams that stand out are Tennessee, Purdue, Kentucky and Michigan,” he said. “Basically, all the schools I said, I’m probably going to take (an official) visit to.”

Like his size and his name. “Boone with the carry up the middle dragging two defenders into the end zone....touchdown TN!!!!”

Detroit King running back Peny Boone recently took visits to Tennessee, Kentucky and Cincinnati as he looks to see more schools and get to a decision that he thinks will be made by the time his senior season rolls around. A 6-foot-1, 220-pound back with receiving skills, he is one of the more coveted players at his position in the region.

"Kentucky, I like the vibe there," he said. "I like the brotherhood there and Coach Clink [area recruiter Steve Clinkscale], I'm cool with him." He has a family connection with the Cincinnati staff which he re-connected on his Bearcat visit. "The quarterbacks coach, Coach Gino [Guidugli], I've been friends with him since I was a little kid," Boone explained. "From when my brother (Zurlon Tipton) was at Central Michigan and he was coaching there, so I have a real good vibe there too."

Tennessee leads on Boone's Crystal Ball and his first opportunity to see their school up close helped their cause. "That was my first time going out there, but the game all hyped and I really like that school for real," Boone said. "It's like, when you go in there and go in an elevator, you wouldn't think the practice field would be at the top but it was sweet going in there."

Next for Boone, he said, "I might be going to Michigan and Michigan State," two more schools who have offered. He tweeted that he would be committing soon recently, but has not rethought that some. "I don't know yet," he admitted. "I was thinking about soon, but people have been telling me wait until May or before the season. I don't know, I've got to see."

When he does make a decision, it will not necessarily be about playing time or style of offense. "Life after football and if when I leave if the school will still help me out," he explained.

- Allen Trieu, 247

SO is he our RB of choice for 2020 or should we wait and see who else we get on?
Looks like coaches didn't press for a commitment. Probably want to see what Simpson does first since they are both the same size. Either way David Johnson better not strike out

VN Store

Back