'20 MI RB Peny Boone

You should really let the coaching staff know, as it appears they've mistakenly offered an "unimpressive" prospect.

You're right. i will. Thanks for the encouragement to drive over to the facility and have a conversation. if it weren't for the honest and "call it like you see it" guys on VolNation I wouldn't be the guy I am today. So thanks...it's guys like you that give me strength and encouragement to step into those difficult conversations that I avoid having on a daily basis.

You're right. i will. Thanks for the encouragement to drive over to the facility and have a conversation. if it weren't for the honest and "call it like you see it" guys on VolNation I wouldn't be the guy I am today. So thanks...it's guys like you that give me strength and encouragement to step into those difficult conversations that I avoid having on a daily basis.

So... what you're saying is... you watched the first video on the hudl and that was all you needed to see, right?

I would implore you to watch at least the next one down from the first one before you declare the staff a failure for offering him... the "pinned highlight" was originally posted August 19, 2016 and appears to be a mix of scrimmage and JV practice footage

Reactions: mrose33
So... what you're saying is... you watched the first video on the hudl and that was all you needed to see, right?

I would implore you to watch at least the next one down from the first one before you declare the staff a failure for offering him... the "pinned highlight" was originally posted August 19, 2016 and appears to be a mix of scrimmage and JV practice footage

No. Not true...I watched several. Secondly, I never declared "the staff a failure for offering him." I like this staff a lot. Sheez VolNation. I just wasn't impressed by his film. And, it was my opinion.

No. Not true...I watched several. Secondly, I never declared "the staff a failure for offering him." I like this staff a lot. Sheez VolNation. I just wasn't impressed by his film. And, it was my opinion.
I feel like that's exactly what you did... and now you've chosen to backtrack into a hard stance on it so you don't have to admit how silly you were to judge someone's "film" by the first clip you pressed play on...

Otherwise... I don't know WhoTF you watched that set your standards for "impressive film" if a 14-minute montage of bruising between the tackles 20+ yard gains and 40-60 yard TD runs complete with breakaway speed, stiff arms, jump cuts, spin moves, and bulldozed LBs just isn't doin it for you.

Looks like a big 10 back but i think that may be what we are looking for.

I feel like that's exactly what you did... and now you've chosen to backtrack into a hard stance on it so you don't have to admit how silly you were to judge someone's "film" by the first clip you pressed play on...

Otherwise... I don't know WhoTF you watched that set your standards for "impressive film" if a 14-minute montage of bruising between the tackles 20+ yard gains and 40-60 yard TD runs complete with breakaway speed, stiff arms, jump cuts, spin moves, and bulldozed LBs just isn't doin it for you.

you're awesome. But...no, I watched several tapes on his Hudl. I can have that opinion you know and it be ok. I don't think his film is particularly impressive. However, by saying what you are saying are you then admitting that his first film isn't impressive? I don't have to like a film or not like a film. Seems you may have some back tracking to do sir...

Plus...this is what happens when you finish 5-7...everyone gets super chippy.

Plus...this is what happens when you finish 5-7...everyone gets super chippy.
The pinned highlight is basically middle school scrimmages from two years ago... I said what I said because I, too, clicked on the first video like "Why did we offer this kid? ... Also why is everyone in Michigan so small???"...

.... then I saw the second one... and went back to the first one to make sure it was the same guy.... then scrolled to the bottom of the page and realized the date on it... and was like.... "Ohhhhhh" lol

I didn't intend to come off as chippy... I figured you did the exact same thing I did without seeing the second highlight vid... but I honestly don't know how you walk away from his most recent upload with an "eh, not impressive"... I'm not saying he's Barry Sanders... but the kid's a legit D1-level back and some of those runs were really nice haha

This is Murica... you can have whatever opinion you want... carry on... looks like fine tape to me?

Where have I seen that hair? Zeke Elliot of the Cowboys. It looks like a take for me. Maybe Harrison Bailey evolved him up with his trip to Michigan!! :p

When did he mention the staff?

Where have I seen that hair? Zeke Elliot of the Cowboys. It looks like a take for me. Maybe Harrison Bailey evolved him up with his trip to Michigan!! :p

Rubber Band Man!
InbornSpecificGrub-size_restricted.gif

I remember watching the DR film back when it was down to us and OM. The hype for him was fever pitch. Watched 2 or 3 and came away scratching my head. Figured, coaches know what they're looking for. But never said a negative word here bc I knew some sunshine pumper / Butch cultist would threaten to take away my fan card. Looks like things remain the same around here.

If dude ain't impressed then it would sure be nice to ask why or at least explain why to us why this kid is Herschel 2.0. Our staff ain't infallible.

Reactions: Jack Burton
I remember watching the DR film back when it was down to us and OM. The hype for him was fever pitch. Watched 2 or 3 and came away scratching my head. Figured, coaches know what they're looking for. But never said a negative word here bc I knew some sunshine pumper / Butch cultist would threaten to take away my fan card. Looks like things remain the same around here.

If dude ain't impressed then it would sure be nice to ask why or at least explain why to us why this kid is Herschel 2.0. Our staff ain't infallible.
Who said he was Herschel 2.0?

I said I don't get how you watch a 14-minute montage of touchdowns and huge chunk gains... a lot of them after breaking 3-4 tackles and come away with "meh... unimpressive"...

I wasn't sunshine pumping... I figured he clicked the pinned middle school footage and formed his opinion based on that... which I still think is what he did regardless of whether he wants to admit it or not... he's certainly welcome to explain what he thought was so unimpressive... looked like your typical D-1 RB that's way better than anyone else on the field tape to me

I find it disrespectful to come in a potential recruit's thread, poop in it without giving any reason for it, then just hide behind your poop with "Well that's just my opinion, free country, I'm allowed to have it..."... still without giving any reason behind the negative opinion... rubs me the wrong way... especially when there's nothing wrong with the tape... so the opinion (that, yes, he's allowed to have) doesn't make any damned sense IMO (which I am also allowed to have :))

Last edited:
Put 10-15 lbs on him and we have our power back... cuts slow... but plenty of power in those quads.

VN Store

Back