Mercer Bears

Yeah. I'm chilling at the Hilton on campus trying to recover my voice and deciding whether to drive into what's left of Hermine for a soggy holiday or turn tail. That was a fun game. Defense really stood up on some big third downs.

I'm now questioning my sanity for agreeing to attend a Mercer/Ga Tech game in early September. Kickoff temp will be 92*. It feels like I've agreed to watch a hog killing while sitting in a truck with the windows rolled up.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm now questioning my sanity for agreeing to attend a Mercer/Ga Tech game in early September. Kickoff temp will be 92*. It feels like I've agreed to watch a hog killing while sitting in a truck with the windows rolled up.

I have season tickets and I am not going to the game. lol

Mercer is getting ready to be pounded by Georgia Tech. The money they will get makes it worth it.

It's even worse next year. Mercer is playing @Alabama AND @Auburn in 2017. I look for some shiny new buildings to spring up around campus by 2018.

Reactions: 2 people
It's even worse next year. Mercer is playing @Alabama AND @Auburn in 2017. I look for some shiny new buildings to spring up around campus by 2018.

It's kind of funny in the next 5 years Georgia Tech plays Georgia State and Kennesaw State.

All of a sudden Mercer, Georgia State, and Kennesaw State have football teams. And Georgia State and Georgia Southern are now FBS.

Best case for us, Georgia State pulls a Bobby Bowden out of their ass and becomes a legit program and steals away UGA's recruits.

All of a sudden Mercer, Georgia State, and Kennesaw State have football teams. And Georgia State and Georgia Southern are now FBS.

Best case for us, Georgia State pulls a Bobby Bowden out of their ass and becomes a legit program and steals away UGA's recruits.

I think Kennesaw State will be the next Georgia Southern and be admitted to the Southern Conference within the next few seasons. I'm surprised that Shorter's program hasn't done very much. I've read that Dalton State is thinking about starting a football program also.

Want to know the difference between an SEC schoolband an ACC school? Check out the crowd 30 seconds before Ga Tech came out of the tunnel.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 11
Georgia Tech beat Mercer 35-10. GT is going to have another rough season and Paul Johnson will be shown the door. UT will be going against a GT team with a different head coach in 2017.

Bears had a respectable outing. Game could've been closer but we didn't get skunked and we kept them under 50. I've never seen so many fans get carted out of a stadium with heat related illnesses. Absolute scorcher of an afternoon.

Bears had a respectable outing. Game could've been closer but we didn't get skunked and we kept them under 50. I've never seen so many fans get carted out of a stadium with heat related illnesses. Absolute scorcher of an afternoon.

I've never been that hot in a stadium on my life. It was absolutely miserable. It was worth it though just for that first score when Mercer took the lead.

They really did a good job of making Tech work and not giving up big plays. I told my boys that anything under 50 points for GT was a moral victory and they didn't even get close.

Rough first half for the Bears. Chattanooga looked a lot bigger than when I last saw them live in 2014. We just couldn't stop Derrick Craine, particularly when he got behind a blocker. Assuming something opens up, I could see Chattanooga moving to the FBS with the level of athletes they are getting in there.

Rough first half for the Bears. Chattanooga looked a lot bigger than when I last saw them live in 2014. We just couldn't stop Derrick Craine, particularly when he got behind a blocker. Assuming something opens up, I could see Chattanooga moving to the FBS with the level of athletes they are getting in there.

I believe this was an option around the time Georgia Southern and Appalachian State made the move, but UTC decided to stay. It would be cool but I doubt they make the move anytime soon.

It'd probably be a blessing to the rest of the SoCon if Y'all did jump. I don't think I've seen a team in our conference that can line up with your big men. Good luck the rest of the way.

I am headed to Maconga Friday for the Saturday showdown with ETSU. I hope to be crunching on some fried chicken at Bear's Den for lunch in 2 days.

Got to figure out a place for dinner. Any suggestions GaVol? I keep hearing about Dovetail but have not tried it.

I am headed to Maconga Friday for the Saturday showdown with ETSU. I hope to be crunching on some fried chicken at Bear's Den for lunch in 2 days.

Got to figure out a place for dinner. Any suggestions GaVol? I keep hearing about Dovetail but have not tried it.

Dovetail is good, but hard to beat Downtown Grill and Natalia's in Macon.

Man. I totally forgot about Natalias. Of course I didn't cross their threshold more than a coupleof times as a student. I did go to Parisis on occasion but usually just for a tea.

Man. I totally forgot about Natalias. Of course I didn't cross their threshold more than a coupleof times as a student. I did go to Parisis on occasion but usually just for a tea.

Natalia's former chef actually has a new place out on Bass Rd called Pietro's which is really good too.

Your Bucs don't stand a chance. Mercer's stadium is named Five Star Stadium.

They probably don't but they're a better team than they were last season. They will get better & beat the Bears in a couple of years. You can bet on that one buddy. :wink:

VN Store

Back