Mercer Bears

Coming to Clarkesville this Saturday. Will be my first trip to APSU. Looking forward to a great afternoon of football.

The stadium looks a ton better after the renovations to the home side. Also, enjoy the win. We struggle... mightily lol.

The stadium looks a ton better after the renovations to the home side. Also, enjoy the win. We struggle... mightily lol.

Oh absolutely, hopefully it will get the football program going in the right direction. I struggle making it through some of the games it so bad.

Franklin Street Pub? Man you gotta be from Clarksville throwing around that name. I think that was even before my time! I was going to try the Knoxville location out when I go up for the Georgia game. Jeff's always been a solid guy from the few times I've talked with him.

Good game experience in Clarkesville. I only had time for one at the Blackhorse, which was some sort of light pale ale type brew. Stadium seemed nice. Game was closer than the final score would indicate.

TCB against Stetson 57-14. Ready for TN Tech in Cookeville next Saturday. I'm guessing that this will be our toughest non conference game of the season.

Yowza. Just realized we were up 51-7 at halftime and sat pretty much all the skill player starters the entire second half.

Last edited:
I've got season tickets for tech and my daughter has a soccer game at the same time as the game Saturday. If anybody needs 4, let me know.

Beautiful night to watch a game in Cookeville. Somehow the rain stayed by I40 and we didn't get soaked. After game fireworks were also nice. Bears couldn't hang onto a 1 point lead with 6 minutes left but I was proud of them for fighting back in the second half after almost getting run out of the stadium in the first half. If TN Tech is about equal to or better than a middle of the pack SOCON team I think we have a good chance to increase our conference W/L record over last season.

Lost to Wofford by 1 point in OT. we were down by 10 with 4 minutes left so just getting to OT felt like a miracle. I feel some wins coming our way.

Lost to Wofford by 1 point in OT. we were down by 10 with 4 minutes left so just getting to OT felt like a miracle. I feel some wins coming our way.

That kid blowing a PAT in the first OT was just a brutal way to lose. In hindsight, I should be gone to that fame and had a good time instead of watching Tennessee.

So happy for the Bears to pull the upset on UTC. The Bears' season has been filled with heartbreaking close losses.

BTW I am hearing that we'll play Auburn in 2017 and Vandy in 2018.

So happy for the Bears to pull the upset on UTC. The Bears' season has been filled with heartbreaking close losses.

BTW I am hearing that we'll play Auburn in 2017 and Vandy in 2018.

And open at Georgia Tech next year.

Huge signature win yesterday for a team that's not even up to full scholarship levels yet.

Bears will play Bama in 2017 and 2021. David & Goliath? At least we'll get a shot.

Bears recruiting looks good from what little I can tell although I think there's always a good chance with championship subdivision teams that some of your highest rated commits may get unforeseen, last minute offers to bowl playoff subdivision schools. Bears have been pretty good about taking a few Tennesseans each class. Hoping it continues.

Reactions: 1 person
So, in '16 they open against GA Tech. Then in '17 they play both Alabama and Auburn. Looks like they'll be cashing some large checks.

Looks like a good class with 5 players from ttennessee. Looks like things got kind of overshadowed by the shooting of an MU basketball player earlier in the week. Horribly tragic. Man was shot in broad daylight at a convenience store that I used stop in at on foot on late night treks from Darryl's bar to a house I rented on Orange Terrace. Welcome to the new Bears and sympathies to friends and family of Jibri.

Looks like a good class with 5 players from ttennessee. Looks like things got kind of overshadowed by the shooting of an MU basketball player earlier in the week. Horribly tragic. Man was shot in broad daylight at a convenience store that I used stop in at on foot on late night treks from Darryl's bar to a house I rented on Orange Terrace. Welcome to the new Bears and sympathies to friends and family of Jibri.

The community is really taking this one hard. Jibri Bryan was a 6th year senior that got a medical redshirt due to multiple knee surgeries and was on track to receive a graduate degree this Spring. He's one of the 3 guys left from the team that beat Duke.

Just senseless.

Bears will play Citadel same night as UTK plays Appy State. I'm going to Maconga to watch the game but will keep an eye on Vols as best I can. I hope we both win our openers, although Mercer has a tough task vs. the 15th ranked FBS Bulldogs.

I'm making the trip to Atlanta for the Mercer/Ga Tech game. Yeah, they'll get killed, but it never gets old wearing orange to an away game.

VN Store

Back