Memphis Express Full of VFLs

PMC2726

Believe
Roster just announced. I don't follow pro football much (no loyalty to a team), except to follow our VFLs. Never thought I would watch a b-league team, but with all these vols on it, I will definitely pay attention and attend a few games. Admittedly, I didn't realize this is where a lot of guy who don't make it in the NFL will go to try and stay relevant -- I guess the new alternative to the Canadian League? I haven't looked at the other team's rosters, but I'm assuming there will be some vols on there too.

AAF: The Memphis Express set their initial 52-man roster. Who made the cut?

Last edited:
Roster just announced. I don't follow pro football much (no loyalty to a team), except to follow our VFLs. Never thought I would watch a b-league team, but with all these vols on it, I will definitely pay attention and attend a few games. Admittedly, I didn't realize this is where a lot of guy who don't make it in the NFL will go to try and stay relevant -- I guess the new alternative to the Canadian League? I haven't looked at the other team's rosters, but I'm assuming there will be some vols on there too.

Each team was regionally aligned with certain states. Not saying it isn't possible, but not likely.

Reactions: tnvols72
If they were able to figure that out, it was smart. I will go to a few games JUST BECAUSE there are few vols on the team. I'd love to watch Pig play again...

Edit: That was not directed at you TAF. We posted at the same time with Pig on our minds.

Though I wish Bray all the success in the world in the NFL, I would love to see him leading the Memphis Express as I'm a native and would buy season tickets.

Wonder if AJ Johnson could get a shot there. Would be great if after everything he could go here if he washes out of NFL

Edit: That was not directed at you TAF. We posted at the same time with Pig on our minds.

4xtY.gif

Each team is assigned a group of colleges by region from which they can pick players.

Here is the Memphis region: Tennessee, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Memphis, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Middle Tennessee, Austin Peay, Chattanooga, East Tennessee State, Tennessee State, Tennessee Tech, UT Martin, Carson-Newman, Lane, Tusculum.

This article shows the other teams' regions: AAF Regions

I'd like to see some of these too. Chattanooga is closer to Bham. But I can't root for exBammers.

Knoxville definitely needs a team. If we can fill up neyland, surely there would be enough fan support for a pro team. Knoxville just loves some football

Well that is something to be proud of...I guess. Good job.

VN Store

Back