Memphis Express Full of VFLs

Bms4880

Can't help but 'shine
Knoxville definitely needs a team. If we can fill up neyland, surely there would be enough fan support for a pro team. Knoxville just loves some football
I always thought it would be cool to have some sort of SEC legends league, with teams in Knoxville, Tuscaloosa, Athens, etc., and consisting primarily of former players from the cities' respective universities. The nicknames could be a play on the universities' nicknames. It would be interesting seeing Vols from 10-15 years ago playing alongside Vols from 2-3 years ago.

OleRockyTop

Knoxville definitely needs a team. If we can fill up neyland, surely there would be enough fan support for a pro team. Knoxville just loves some football
They wouldn't ever do that Knoxville would be way too close to the Atlanta & Birmingham teams and Memphis is way bigger

gordonr24

VFL in Memphis
Each team is assigned a group of colleges by region from which they can pick players.

Here is the Memphis region: Tennessee, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Memphis, Kentucky, Vanderbilt, Middle Tennessee, Austin Peay, Chattanooga, East Tennessee State, Tennessee State, Tennessee Tech, UT Martin, Carson-Newman, Lane, Tusculum.

This article shows the other teams' regions: AAF Regions
Right. I’m glad that Tennessee got assigned to the express. Even if Birmingham is closer to Knox, there are more Vols in Memphis.

amaralfan1

I'm racking my brain trying to remember exactly why Dooley kicked Monty Hughes off the team. I remember being dumbfounded that Fulmer offered him... Only to be pleasantly surprised when he finally made it on campus.

blued125

I dig it!!! I also like the fact they jumped at the opportunity to beat the XFL to the jump. This has the feel of an actual minor league.

Nice...

jps2194

Vol for Life
Amazing how many Tennessee State players are on the roster. Not sure that bodes well for Memphis - I don't recall Tennessee State ever being that good but perhaps I'm wrong.

vols72

I see the the first home game is February 16. The wife and i may just have to make a weekend of it. Then the next sat I'll be back for the Kiss End of the Road concert

VN Store

Sponsors