Melancon Visiting Alabama

VolinArizona

not in Arizona anymore
Rivals reported it, I'm sure it's old news to HV and company. I'm not freaking out, but how solid to UT is Melancon?

Tough call right now. Bama is doing everything they can to bring in recruits. Saban has even told Melancon that he can play DT, DE, and LB. We will see if anything comes of this, though it is a little more threatening than Dwight Jones or Lennon Creer visiting them.

i believed i called this a week ago when luther davis jumped LSU's ship. i don't consider melacon a UT commit anymore. if i was fulmer i would give his scholly to brooks, he really wanted to come here.:hi:

Why should we give up on him just because he is visiting? That is utter stupidity. Schools are always going to push for other team's commits and some will visit. Brooks and Melancon are completely different players at different positions anyways.

Davis never jumped LSU's ship anyways, they threw him off.

This is Rolando's future, if he wants to make sure he is making the best choice for him, then feel free. He said when he committed that he may visit so it's not his fault. He was up front about it. If he decommits, then good luck to him. I'm sure we can find someone to fill his spot.

Why should we give up on him just because he is visiting? That is utter stupidity. Schools are always going to push for other team's commits and some will visit. Brooks and Melancon are completely different players at different positions anyways.

Davis never jumped LSU's ship anyways, they threw him off.

your not dumping him, he is visiting the enemy. we are turning 4 star players away for this guy whose loyalty could lie somewhere else. it's not stupid, you recruit guys who want to come here. brooks in my mind does he is a hell of a athlete that can play many different positions. my personal opinion is melacon drops us after his vist to bama. which will leave us with a ton of ground to make up for brooks, who will likely stay with rutgers. if that happens it couldn't have worked out worse for us. you don't give up on him, just say if we have a scholly open you can fill it, if we don't it has been nice to know you. if a player reopens his recruitment he is not committed, alah jones. a unc commit who nobody knows where he is going to end up.

This is Rolando's future, if he wants to make sure he is making the best choice for him, then feel free. He said when he committed that he may visit so it's not his fault. He was up front about it. If he decommits, then good luck to him. I'm sure we can find someone to fill his spot.

i'm not to sure about finding a real good prospect to fill his spot it is getting late in the game for that.

I didn't say the player would be really good nor that it will be this year. There is a reason we are oversigning, in case of scenarios like this.

We don't have a ton of ground to make up for Brooks and he doesn't fit our DT need. It would be stupid to pull his offer since nothing is guaranteed from visiting. Pulling his offer only guarantees that we are one DT short of what we wanted.

Or we could keep Melancon and get Austin as well. Neither affect the other in this case, though.

Like I said before, we could text Brooks on signing day and he would decommit and send us his signed LOI.

Or we could keep Melancon and get Austin as well. Neither affect the other in this case, though.

Like I said before, we could text Brooks on signing day and he would decommit and send us his signed LOI.

or he may not if he gets mad at all the politics going on. if we were not turning kids away it wouldn't be a issue, but we are. brooks also after a redshirt year could be a defensive tackle. the kid is a 4 star player.

i believed i called this a week ago when luther davis jumped LSU's ship. i don't consider melacon a UT commit anymore. if i was fulmer i would give his scholly to brooks, he really wanted to come here.:hi:

Thats laughable. Not a commit anymore? He is just visiting. Calm down. You never know what might happen but more than likely he will stay with his commitment. He picked UT over in-state LSU so there is definately something about UT that he loves. Its not like he picked UT as a last resort and now he has another option to change to. He picked UT for a reason and I do not think Saban will be able to talk him out of it.

Thats laughable. Not a commit anymore? He is just visiting. Calm down. You never know what might happen but more than likely he will stay with his commitment. He picked UT over in-state LSU so there is definately something about UT that he loves. Its not like he picked UT as a last resort and now he has another option to change to. He picked UT for a reason and I do not think Saban will be able to talk him out of it.

i hope your right. as long as the player is still taking visits though i say he's not committed. i would say he is leaning. a player should not make a commitment unless he is done taking visits.

If he decides to change his mind and go to that loser school south of Tennessee than the Vols will handle him on game day. I hope he likes hearing Rocky Top 500 times when the VOLS roll the tide. If he stays at UT than he is a smart man and will be part of the best family in the world!

i hope your right. as long as the player is still taking visits though i say he's not committed. i would say he is leaning. a player should not make a commitment unless he is done taking visits.
I don't understand how you can fault a kid for wanting to make sure that he has made the best choice. It is his future and he wants to make sure that he has made the best decision. Maybe Alabama didn't recruit him or offer him until Saban arrived and he just wants to see what they have to offer. As for him still being a commit, as long as Rivals has him listed as a committhen I will still consider him a commit.

I don't understand how you can fault a kid for wanting to make sure that he has made the best choice. It is his future and he wants to make sure that he has made the best decision.

i'm not faulting his wanting to make the right choice. i'am faulting him for committing to us then deciding on taking other visits when others are still looking at us. if he wasn't sure he shouldn't have given a verbal. to me i have alot more respect for the kids who wait and sign on signingday and for the kids who stay committed to there original team and take no more visits. it shows class.

i'm not faulting his wanting to make the right choice. i'am faulting him for committing to us then deciding on taking other visits when others are still looking at us. if he wasn't sure he shouldn't have given a verbal. to me i have alot more respect for the kids who wait and sign on signingday and for the kids who stay committed to there original team and take no more visits. it shows class.
Maybe Alabama didn't come calling until after he had committed to us and he wanted to see what they had to say. If that is the case is he supposed to decommit from us, make his visit to bama, and then recommit?

i'm with you on this one. You commit after you've taken all of your visits and you are SURE that is where you want to attend college and play football!! if your not sure than wait until signing day

I don't understand how you can fault a kid for wanting to make sure that he has made the best choice. It is his future and he wants to make sure that he has made the best decision. Maybe Alabama didn't recruit him or offer him until Saban arrived and he just wants to see what they have to offer. As for him still being a commit, as long as Rivals has him listed as a committhen I will still consider him a commit.

it is simply not possible that choosing Bama over Tennessee would EVER be a good decision

VN Store

Back