Melancon Visiting Alabama

Either way, if the guy didn't follow his friend to LSU, what makes you think he's automatically going to Bama just because his friend is. This is definatly getting silly.

if he had taken this trip a month ago i wouldn't be worried, but it is a week before signing day. he is looking at what they have to offer. it is not a paid vacation.

I dont think Bama will be lucky enough to land him. THings might have changed a little bit since he committed to UT, but he is still a vol

Who was the dude that went to Gainesville some years back for a fun visit that wound up in jail with all sorts of ugly accusations?

Probably pulling a Maurice Clarrett, except no one's ever heard of him so he's not on the news.

Probably pulling a Maurice Clarrett, except no one's ever heard of him so he's not on the news.

I hate it when you guys say things like this! Jason played four years at UT and was a model student-athlete and was never in trouble and contributed to what sucess we had during those years as a versatile lineman. I don't know what he is doing now but I would venture to say he is a good employee and citizen whevever he is.

I don't know who he was, it just sounded like he was a screw up and reminds me of the Miami guy a few years back who never made it there bc of his criminal record.

I hate it when you guys say things like this! Jason played four years at UT and was a model student-athlete and was never in trouble and contributed to what sucess we had during those years as a versatile lineman. I don't know what he is doing now but I would venture to say he is a good employee and citizen whevever he is.

my bad, was making a joke and you're right, it was in poor taste. he was a fine young man while on the Hill and I hope he's a success at whatever he's doing.

I don't know who this Luther Davis kid is but he's already on my s*** list. I know it seemed like sour grapes last year when Fulmer complained about kids lying during the recruting process....I think he was talking about Goggans saying he was committed to us up til the last second....but I can't help but notice the overall lack of integrity involved in the recruiting process.
This Davis kid is on record as saying he's going to try everything he can to get players to decommit and come to Bama. It amazes me sometimes how the recruiting process is handled. Coaches preach responsibility and discpline..things like that...but during this time of year they turn into lying, manipulative back stabbers...and alot of recruits follow suit.
My relationship with the recruiting process has really turned into a love/hate kind of thing. I love following the best players and seeing if we can get them. But I hate the lying and the manipulation and the prima donnas so much that I have a hard time truly enjoying it anymore.

I don't know who this Luther Davis kid is but he's already on my s*** list. I know it seemed like sour grapes last year when Fulmer complained about kids lying during the recruting process....I think he was talking about Goggans saying he was committed to us up til the last second....but I can't help but notice the overall lack of integrity involved in the recruiting process.
This Davis kid is on record as saying he's going to try everything he can to get players to decommit and come to Bama. It amazes me sometimes how the recruiting process is handled. Coaches preach responsibility and discpline..things like that...but during this time of year they turn into lying, manipulative back stabbers...and alot of recruits follow suit.
My relationship with the recruiting process has really turned into a love/hate kind of thing. I love following the best players and seeing if we can get them. But I hate the lying and the manipulation and the prima donnas so much that I have a hard time truly enjoying it anymore.

HERE HERE! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!! I can see in the near future some changes in the recruiting process that takes the pressure of kids to commit early thus not putting them in the position of changing pledges then getting involved in the recruiting B.S themselves

what he said

true, it sort of shows the class of person you are getting. you like to see people that are as good as there word. that is the reason miles at LSU sent luther davis packing. when you give your word you should be done, it should be over.

Sounds like he and Saban share many qualities......

Yeah I can't see too many black kids enjoying the fact that their coach uses the term "coon".

And, his defense was that it was off the record. Ohhh, I feel much better then. He only uses behind peoples back when he does not expect it to be reported. That makes sense.....

He said "*******" not "coon." ******* is a term for cajuns, nothing racial to it. Of course, in today's PC world, more is read into a lot of things than really are there to begin with.

VN Store

Back