Media Wars

So Fox Business carried the live feed so local Fox stations could run with it. That probably scattered Fox viewers across many channels. They still top dog.
Don’t watch much news myself but when I do, it will be the least biased Fox presentation. Brett Baier, Shannon Bream. Can’t stand any of anyone’s opinion based shows. Carnival barkers.

"Look at me! I can use a 'Roots' analogy. I'm smart."

More apt :

The trio of William Barr, Jeffrey Rosen and Richard Donaghue will combine to provide testimony equivalent to the role that John Dean played in the Watergate hearings.

How about that?

I’m curious, are you guys going to get Trump this time or nah ?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So Fox Business carried the live feed so local Fox stations could run with it. That probably scattered Fox viewers across many channels. They still top dog.
Don’t watch much news myself but when I do, it will be the least biased Fox presentation. Brett Baier, Shannon Bream. Can’t stand any of anyone’s opinion based shows. Carnival barkers.

I like Brett Baier

That doesn't make any sense. Fox News didn't lose viewers because they didn't cover the 1/6 hearings. The people who normally watch Fox News... still watched Fox News last Thursday. That viewership prefers getting their news through the prism of right-wing spin, and they have also proven to be brand loyal over the last 20 years.

MSNBC gained more viewers than what they normally would ever have, due to it being a special live event.

I’m curious, are you guys going to get Trump this time or nah ?
I don't think he will charged with any crimes resulting from this... but he will look like an idiot for continuing to claim that he was cheated out of the 2020 election. Even his own campaign manager tried to convince him that he had lost. Trump would only listen to wing nuts like Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, Peter Navarro, Jenna Ellis, and Mike Lindell (the pillow guy).

That doesn't make any sense. Fox News didn't lose viewers because they didn't cover the 1/6 hearings. The people who normally watch Fox News... still watched Fox News last Thursday. That viewership prefers getting their news through the prism of right-wing spin, and they have also proven to be brand loyal over the last 20 years.

MSNBC gained more viewers than what they normally would ever have, due to it being a special live event.

I’m betting that Fox based that decision on its viewers understanding like most, that this is another dog and pony show ( with its own producer ) built to energize a deflated base and maximize votes , while the MSNBC AND CNN viewers are still hoping for something , just anything , to happen to Trump . The left leaning media doesn’t have a one time event problem , it has an everyday ratings problem. This is why we are seeing articles about the new boss at CNN rethinking their hard left leaning hosts . I’m case you haven’t noticed , the popular opinions from the left aren’t so popular right now .

I don't think he will charged with any crimes resulting from this... but he will look like an idiot for continuing to claim that he was cheated out of the 2020 election. Even his own campaign manager tried to convince him that he had lost. Trump would only listen to wing nuts like Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, Lin Wood, Peter Navarro, Jenna Ellis, and Mike Lindell (the pillow guy).

So it’s all for show to make Trump look bad again . While inflation eats away at our pocketbooks . This is a losing platform . Are the Dems going to let the obsession with Trump beat them at the polls again by ignoring what the majority care about ?

I’m betting that Fox based that decision on its viewers understanding like most, that this is another dog and pony show ( with its own producer ) built to energize a deflated base and maximize votes , while the MSNBC AND CNN viewers are still hoping for something , just anything , to happen to Trump . The left leaning media doesn’t have a one time event problem , it has an everyday ratings problem. This is why we are seeing articles about the new boss at CNN rethinking their hard left leaning hosts . I’m case you haven’t noticed , the popular opinions from the left aren’t so popular right now .
I'm betting that Fox based that decision on their opinion show hosts being a big part of these upcoming hearings. Text messages sent from both Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham to Mark Meadows on January 6, reveal that they took the riot at the Capitol much more seriously than what their on-air rhetoric would suggest. Those texts also show that, at least to some extent, they felt Trump had some control over it. Hannity and Ingraham were pleading with Meadows to have Trump release a statement telling the crowd to go home. Hannity and Ingraham have been inconsistent, and it reflects poorly on their integrity. It's a bad look for both of them.

Whether you want to face reality or not, these hearings concern important matters directly related to the United States democratic system of elections. So far, the most damaging testimony isn't from Democrats. It's from Trump's inner circle, including his campaign manager and his attorney general.

I'm betting that Fox based that decision on their opinion show hosts being a big part of these upcoming hearings. Text messages sent from both Sean Hannity and Laura Ingraham to Mark Meadows on January 6, reveal that they took the riot at the Capitol much more seriously than what their on-air rhetoric would suggest. Those texts also show that, at least to some extent, they felt Trump had some control over it. Hannity and Ingraham were pleading with Meadows to have Trump release a statement telling the crowd to go home. Hannity and Ingraham have been inconsistent, and it reflects poorly on their integrity. It's a bad look for both of them.

Whether you want to face reality or not, these hearings concern important matters directly related to the United States system of elections. So far, the most damaging testimony isn't from Democrats. It's from Trump's inner circle, including his campaign manager and his attorney general.

This is the reality right now ..

7927700E-A473-4565-ADB9-EECC595301B8.jpeg
This is the largest lead since 1938

42B13FFF-ED84-45C2-A4B5-342BCF57F057.jpeg
This is the lowest approval rating in over 40 years

8805DAA5-DE2D-41A5-9ADA-556E45CFD93F.jpeg
Here’s what the majority care about and the lefts road map . The problem is , it’s obsession with Trump will not touch any of those issues .

So it’s all for show to make Trump look bad again . While inflation eats away at our pocketbooks . This is a losing platform . Are the Dems going to let the obsession with Trump beat them at the polls again by ignoring what the majority care about ?
It's not a platform and these hearings don't exclusively involve Democrats. Yes, we are facing unprecedented inflation, but that doesn't mean that we should drop everything else until it's resolved. The bottom line is that you don't like these hearings, because they do reflect poorly on several high-profile Republicans.

I kinda figured it wouldn’t make sense to you. (Only saying that after reading several of your post)
What you wrote just now is only accurate if you have some proof of everyone that regularly watches Fox News, in fact did that night. You would also need proof that no one that regularly watch Fox did not tune in to an alternate channel for the hearings. I on the other hand merely pointed out that Fox broadcasting DID carry the show.
Probably your hatred for any thing Fox is clouding your thought.
On another note, approx 6% of the US population tuned in. Brilliant!

It's not a platform and these hearings don't exclusively involve Democrats. Yes, we are facing unprecedented inflation, but that doesn't mean that we should everything else until it's resolved. The bottom line is that you don't like these hearings, because they do reflect poorly on several high-profile Republicans.

I don’t care about the hearing one bit , it’s all for show and will not effect me anyway in the slightest . The economy does everyday .

This is the reality right now ..

View attachment 463853
This is the largest lead since 1938

View attachment 463854
This is the lowest approval rating in over 40 years

View attachment 463855
Here’s what the majority care about and the lefts road map . The problem is , it’s obsession with Trump will not touch any of those issues .
That has nothing to do with whether or not these hearings should be taking place. Not everything is done for the purpose of winning elections. Liz Cheney isn't on this committee because it helps her in November. To the contrary, she is willing to lose her seat in order to do the right thing and hold Trump accountable for his role in the 1/6 riot. I hate her policies. but she does have integrity.

That has nothing to do with whether or not these hearings should be taking place. Not everything is done for the purpose of winning elections. Liz Cheney isn't on this committee because it helps her in November. To the contrary, she is willing to lose her seat in order to do the right thing and hold Trump accountable for his role in the 1/6 riot. I hate her policies. but she does have integrity.

You just said there’s probably nothing going to happen to Trump ( we all know presidents don’t do jail time ) so making him accountable gets you nothing even if you could show he’s the sole one at fault . So why again are we doing it ?

Reactions: AM64
Then why the hell are you talking about it in this thread?

Because there’s always a reason for everything . I gave you the reasons, obsession and votes .. you just didn’t like them . It’s nothing more than a DC political production . Surely you can see that.

Reactions: AM64
You just said there’s probably nothing going to happen to Trump ( we all know presidents don’t do jail time ) so making him accountable gets you nothing even if you could show he’s the sole one at fault . So why again are we doing it ?
I don't agree with that. It is important to reassure the American people that the 2020 election results were valid, and to show that Trump tried to circumvent those valid results in order to retain power.

That doesn't explain Liz Cheney's involvement. If anything, it guarantees her defeat in November.

Nah this is a Republican mid term year , short of calling for 2a restrictions (that’s a no no in election years ) or going in with the Burney bros this won’t guarantee her a loss .

Nah this is a Republican mid term year , short of calling for 2a restrictions (that’s a no no in election years ) or going in with the Burney bros this won’t guarantee her a loss .
I didn't mean in November. I meant in the primary. She is way behind Hageman.

VN Store

Back