Meachem Going Pro . ? (Merged)

Agreed. First off he isn't gonna go in the 1st round, second the 2nd round is a positional player round so I doubt he goes there, and thirdly he is gonna be 3rd or 4th string probably his entire career if he goes.

If he stays he turns all of that around and could possibly be a Donte' Stallworth type receiver if he had a good 07 season.

Good Luck Meach, your gonna need it. I support your decision, but don't expect me to understand it.

he wants to support his family. how can you not understand it? there's nothing he can't learn in the NFL that he'll learn by staying at UT with a bunch of unproven WR's.

This f'n pisses me off. He had one good year here. I cant believe he would leave this team and to be a 4th stringer and make pennies compared to what he could make if he stayed.

I am tired of these guys leaving. The damn program is already in enough trouble, now we lose the first decent player we have had in 5 yrs outside of Allen.:bash: :bash: :bash: :mf_surrender: :mf_surrender:

I think here learned his leason will Jason Allen and Justin Harrell. What if he comes back and has an injury like Inky had this year. His career would be gone. I don't blame him. If I was projected in the 1st or 2nd round, I'd leave too

He also has a young daugther...family comes first

I think its a mistake as well when he could get so much more next year. Oh well guess Meach knows what he's doing.Young guys MUST step up now!!!

He had the best year ever by a UT WR and there have been a lot to come through here. Why wouldn't he leave? Why comeback when you have nothing else to prove and could get a career ending injury

I hate to see him leave, and wish him luck, I hope he becomes a big name in the NFL one day and I hear him say Tennessee on MNF.

I don't agree with him leaving, but I can understand if it is to take care of his family. Good luck to you Meach, you will be missed next season.

I love Meach to death, but he won't go before Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett plus also other NFL teams have other needs , so it is unlikely he will go in the first round.

This f'n pisses me off. He had one good year here. I cant believe he would leave this team and to be a 4th stringer and make pennies compared to what he could make if he stayed.

I am tired of these guys leaving. The damn program is already in enough trouble, now we lose the first decent player we have had in 5 yrs outside of Allen.:bash: :bash: :bash: :mf_surrender: :mf_surrender:

You're tired of them leaving? You mean like Harrell and Allen? Aaron Sears?

I love Meach to death, but he won't go before Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett plus also other NFL teams have other needs , so it is unlikely he will go in the first round.

The Lions will trade all of their draft picks for the next five years so that they can draft CJ, Jarrett, and Meachem at 1, 2, and 3.

LOL. As many have stayed, just as many have left.

Witten, Stallworth, Rob Smith.

Rob Smith was really the only one of those that shouldn't have left, but he left because of the coaching changes. Witten and Stallworth were both right to leave since they were 1st round picks. Actually Stallworth wanted to comeback, but it was too late

Darn....I hate to see him leave. I wish him well and from what I know of Meach, he must feel this is the Lord's will and that is something you can't argue with

Rob Smith was really the only one of those that shouldn't have left, but he left because of the coaching changes. Witten and Stallworth were both right to leave since they were 1st round picks. Actually Stallworth wanted to comeback, but it was too late

I for one am happy that a well-spoken, humble, solid young guy like Meachem is heading off for some success. He's one of the great people over there.

Second, Witten was drafted in the 3rd round as the 5th TE taken. I don't think he made a mistake; I know for a fact that he was more or less sick of not getting the ball after a series of promises and excuses to be more utilized.

VN Store

Back