Meachem Going Pro . ? (Merged)

I heard it as well on Bill King's radio program about 45 minutes ago. He named as his source someone who has historically been correct on these things.

I wonder what happened to him wating awhille on it and fasting over it?

I wonder what happened to him wating awhille on it and fasting over it?

maybe he got hungry. seriously, you can't fault him. he needs to support his family. i wish he was still here, but he deserves to get his millions

Not faulting him at all best of luck to him. Would have loved to have kept him around one more year tho.

What about the Vol Family?:p

good luck to him if this really is his decision. i think this could be the biggest year at the WR position, there are just a ton of good receivers coming out in this years draft.

isnt jason allen on special teams?

Tennessee receiver Robert Meachem has decided to forgo his final season of eligibility and declare for the NFL Draft, multiple sources within UT’s program have told the News Sentinel.

Good luck to him. It's kind of frustrating that he only had one good season at UT, but that's how it goes I guess.

Like I said in an earlier post, he's has a long way to go before he makes a splash in the NFL.

I wish him the best of luck.

Man that sucks. I really thought he'd come back. I'll be surprised if he goes in the 1st, but surely he wont go lower then the 3rd.

Add receiver to the question marks for next year's team if you hadnt already.

I totally support his decision and hope he gets his, but I have reservations about him in the NFL.

First, I have not seen his name on any first round mock drafts. Secondly, I just don't think he is in the same class as other receivers coming this Spring. Like Jarrett, Ginn and Johnson. Thirdly, he got dominated by King in the Outback.

I think he got a taste of what it will be like next year in the Outback with the double teams and triple teams.

Looking at next year's draft I just think he will be a definite first rounder.

However, if he feels he needs to go then I am all for it. He has to take care of his own. Thanks for the awesome 06 season Meach.

Well I mean even if he came back young WR's were still going to have to prove themselves.

I totally support his decision and hope he gets his, but I have reservations about him in the NFL.

First, I have not seen his name on any first round mock drafts. Secondly, I just don't think he is in the same class as other receivers coming this Spring. Like Jarrett, Ginn and Johnson. Thirdly, he got dominated by King in the Outback.

I think he got a taste of what it will be like next year in the Outback with the double teams and triple teams.

Looking at next year's draft I just think he will be a definite first rounder.

However, if he feels he needs to go then I am all for it. He has to take care of his own. Thanks for the awesome 06 season Meach.

Very true points. He had problems with physical DB's.

Wish him good luck.

But will be surprised if he gets drafted in the second round or better.

The News Sentinel Reports that sources within UT Football program confirm that he will forgo senior season. Story is on knoxnews.com

This f'n pisses me off. He had one good year here. I cant believe he would leave this team and to be a 4th stringer and make pennies compared to what he could make if he stayed.

I am tired of these guys leaving. The damn program is already in enough trouble, now we lose the first decent player we have had in 5 yrs outside of Allen.:bash: :bash: :bash: :mf_surrender: :mf_surrender:

This f'n pisses me off. He had one good year here. I cant believe he would leave this team and to be a 4th stringer and make pennies compared to what he could make if he stayed.

I am tired of these guys leaving. The damn program is already in enough trouble, now we lose the first decent player we have had in 5 yrs outside of Allen.:bash: :bash: :bash: :mf_surrender: :mf_surrender:

Agreed. First off he isn't gonna go in the 1st round, second the 2nd round is a positional player round so I doubt he goes there, and thirdly he is gonna be 3rd or 4th string probably his entire career if he goes.

If he stays he turns all of that around and could possibly be a Donte' Stallworth type receiver if he had a good 07 season.

Good Luck Meach, your gonna need it. I support your decision, but don't expect me to understand it.

VN Store

Back