McElroy hates Tennessee

They are about to steam roll the rest of the schedule, I just don't think it's going to give them any street cred.

There are only two teams from the SEC that can make the playoff and the clock is ticking on Texas A&M.

you know, as i start to take stock of who we've lost, who may come back, and who we still might lose...

steamroll may not be the appropriate word.

as i settle in this week and look around....it could be a reality that the only guy we get back is Kirkland. 3 OL are still question marks, but i do think they should return.

sutton maybe back for last couple games?
Foreman may be back, i'm not even sure what's wrong with him?

Maybin done
Sapp done
Kmac done
Obrien gone
PW gone

and while i won't comment one way or the other on the rumors about Kamara....i'd just say if we lost him for the season, that'd be bad.

i think we, as TN fans need to hang on...the ride ain't over yet.

Reactions: 1 person
he was pretty high on us in the off season and pre season honestly, every time i saw him he was hyping us up and was excited with what we MAY be able to do, fact is, we didnt do, so his opinion changed....so what he is a BAMA guy...next thread....
he pieked FL to win the East, and has always questioned our physicality on the O line, citing multiple times that will be reason we don't meet expectations.

he's been one of the main detractors all off season and all season. he's never been high on TN, other than to say they have potential, but not there yet, to sit at the big boy table.

he pieked FL to win the East, and has always questioned our physicality on the O line, citing multiple times that will be reason we don't meet expectations.

he's been one of the main detractors all off season and all season. he's never been high on TN, other than to say they have potential, but not there yet, to sit at the big boy table.

i hear ya Jake and perhaps i didnt watch enough SEC network but just saying when i saw him, perhaps it was positive thus why i clicked or watched, but he was being positive....
always liked his perspective seemed level headed compared to some of the bozos, but i could be completely wrong

i hear ya Jake and perhaps i didnt watch enough SEC network but just saying when i saw him, perhaps it was positive thus why i clicked or watched, but he was being positive....
always liked his perspective seemed level headed compared to some of the bozos, but i could be completely wrong

i actually like him too. and i read the article you posted, and it was a positive slant. but when it comes to brass tacks, he's been pretty consistent in saying the stuff about the physicality and o line issues.

anywho...

5-2 in our 1st seven is plenty good, against that schedule. i think it's rated in top 2 or 3 in the country?

anyway, i didn't think the playoff was a realistic outcome for us this year anyway. i did think 10-2, ATL was...and it still is.

i don't think we beat bama in a rematch, but i'd like my chances against aTm or LSU. lots has to happen.

first being....you guys need to do us a solid and drop one.
Yes, how many teams have had to play 7 bowl teams in a row let alone a season?

Yes, how many teams have had to play 7 bowl teams in a row let alone a season?

i dunno, but we're 5-2, which is what i thought we'd be. the biggest concern now....health. we need guys to step up and others to get healthy quick.

i'd still like to think that the easy part of our schedule can still be easy. right now....there's a couple of traps out there for us if everything remains status quo.

It's really hard to put a finger on how good a team Tennessee is.

I would argue that Tennessee's best performance was against A&M, except for the turnovers.

It's a 60 minute game as the Florida contest certainly proved, but I've never seen a team as good as I think Tennessee is down by double digits in 6 of its first 7 games.

Sums it up pretty well. The good is as good as Ive seen the bad is 6-6 level play.

stupid. We lost to A&M because of ball security or we would have beaten them by a descent amount- we were out 15 guys on Saturday and after K-mac and Kamara got hurt, I think Butch just tried to finish the game and move on to the rest of the season.... You take their two starting LBs out, then take their backups out, then take four of their starting O line out, then two of their starting DTs out, then take out two of their corners and a WR and let's see what would have happened on Saturday...

He just said on SEC now that Auburn is a real contender because they only have a loss to a good Clemson team and a tough A&M team.

BUT

This morning on Sirius ch. 84 he said how over rated Tennessee is after our loss to A&M and getting beat by a damn good Alabama team.

Does anyone else think this logic is asinine or is it just the homer in me?

Meh. All those SEC analysts blow hot and cold each week. Last weej after the TAMU loss every one on SEC NOW was saying the Vols were a really good team. I don't take any of them that seriously. McElroy is probably the best of the bunch, which isn't really saying much. He does love to hear himself talk, I will give him that.

For him to hate us so much he sure doesn't act like it, on ESPN he just said we're his favorite 2 loss team in the country and as long as we win out and win the SEC Championship we have a real shot at the playoff

For him to hate us so much he sure doesn't act like it, on ESPN he just said we're his favorite 2 loss team in the country and as long as we win out and win the SEC Championship we have a real shot at the playoff

But that fact doesn't fit the narrative that everybody just picks on us. It's amazing that after losing two straight, the last one being a historical beating, people think commentators should still be hyping us 24/7. Not everyone is gonna love you, snowflakes, but it doesn't matter at the end of the day.

Reactions: 2 people
If I had just watched my alma mater steam roll a team supposedly contending for the SEC championship by 39 on the road, I wouldn't respect that team either.

Reactions: 2 people
Isn't hate a rather strong term for nothing more than objectively critiquing a team?

Get a grip, folks. TN has one top 25 win over a team of questionable quality, haven't been able to play even one complete game, and was just shower-raped at home.

The team and staff haven't met their billing since day one.

Isn't hate a rather strong term for nothing more than objectively critiquing a team?

Get a grip, folks. TN has one top 25 win over a team of questionable quality, haven't been able to play even one complete game, and was just shower-raped at home.

The team and staff haven't met their billing since day one.

UT is a good team. Book it.

Who has Louisville beat? Who have hey even played?

If you think Clemson, why are you convinced they are so good? Who have they played?

If you think Auburn, who have they beat to be ranked? Was it their beating of Louisianna-Monroe? Was it that tough Arky St. Team, or perhaps that tough Miss St. team they beat? Or or or maybe that near choke job to LSU, where they won on 6 field goals?

You know that tough ranked Houston team, whew they have faced some tough ones lol. And before you mention OU, check their record as well.

Just win baby.

Last edited:

Who has Louisville beat? Who have hey even played?

If you think Clemson, why are you convinced they are so good? Who have they played?

If you think Auburn, who have they beat to be ranked? Was it their beating of Louisianna-Monroe? Was it that tough Arky St. Team, or perhaps that tough Miss St. team they beat? Or or or maybe that near choke job to LSU, where they won on 6 field goals?

You know that tough ranked Houston team, whew they have faced some tough ones lol. And before you mention OU, check their record as well.

Just win baby.

12-16 SEC record during trumpet blowers tenure thus far. Garbage SEC eastern division. Nothing else matters. Let that sink in.

Of course he does.

That said, he does have a point. You can't get blown out at home the way we did last weekend and expect to have respect. I think all the pieces (minus our injuries now) are there to field a darn good team. However, the product we have shown is inconsistent at best.

Take a look at the past production of those injuries. It absolutely made Bama look better than they are. Their QB is really a RB.

If I can use your checkbook, okay.

Most of the top 10 has been much more convincing and consistent than TN. At least half of them would likely eat our lunch. Who has TN beaten?

There's a reason we are barely in the top 20.

VN Store

Back