MAX/Discovery+ (Warner Bros/Discovery)

This is why I still buy Blu-ray & 4K UHD discs and DVDs (tv seasons).

They said it will come back with a disclaimer about its contextual place in history and not be edited in anyway.

I don’t have a problem with that.

Lots of folks upset that Warner Bros/HBO didn't get deals worked out with either of the biggest streaming companies in Roku and Amazon Fire before going Live!
count me amongst them. completely stupid.

i cancelled my hbo now subscription. hell, my i phone automatically upgraded to hbo max, but i can't sign in because i'm on roku.

and if i want to sing up for hbo on you tube tv or hulu, i can, but i can't access the hbo max app on the roku. so basically allthat would do is alloow me to watch live hbo on you tube tv, whatever on demand content they have for hbo, and hbo max on my phone.

the work around is air play, but good grief.

i'll check back in when it's on roku and i can just sign up and watch when and what i want to. for now....c ya HBO.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
count me amongst them. completely stupid.

i cancelled my hbo now subscription. hell, my i phone automatically upgraded to hbo max, but i can't sign in because i'm on roku.

and if i want to sing up for hbo on you tube tv or hulu, i can, but i can't access the hbo max app on the roku. so basically allthat would do is alloow me to watch live hbo on you tube tv, whatever on demand content they have for hbo, and hbo max on my phone.

the work around is air play, but good grief.

i'll check back in when it's on roku and i can just sign up and watch when and what i want to. for now....c ya HBO.
Hbo is in a bad lull right now, nothing new worth watching

I can't find one thing, what am I missing?
i don't think there's anything new that i had to see.

i did want to start Succession and Run. there were a couple other shows that had already had their seasons that i didn't catch, but had them on a list.

nothing that was really noteworthy.

i do want to get back in for Watchmen and His Dark Materials....but not sure those are coming back this year....

anyway, whatever does come out, it'll be there on demand when them and roku figure this out.

i did want to start Succession and Run. there were a couple other shows that had already had their seasons that i didn't catch, but had them on a list.

i do want to get back in for Watchmen and His Dark Materials....but not sure those are coming back this year....

anyway, whatever does come out, it'll be there on demand when them and roku figure this out.

Succession was very good.

I may rewatch Sopranos now that Imperioli is doing the episode podcasts.

Perry Mason just started. Don’t want to watch it without my wife. Might foot it for a Chromecast.

Gemstones is amazing but that was months ago. I can't see getting into Mason.
I’m having a hard time getting into Perry Mason. I’m a big Matthew Rhys fan after The Americans so I was hoping this would be pretty good too.

PM is slow moving. I've watched both episodes, and I think I'm caught up.
I think they did a good job with the setting (or have thus far). Agreed on Rys, and I like Lithgow a lot (loved him on Dex).
My fear was that it was going to be "formulaic" like the original, which I liked a lot and have on DVD, but I sort of tired on those. This is different.
I'm interested to see how they bring in the Paul Drake character.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
tenor (1).gif

"The Batman’ Companion TV Series From Matt Reeves & Terence Winter Set At HBO Max

WarnerMedia is building a Batman multi-platform universe.

Your Complete Guide to Pilots and Straight-to-Series orders

HBO Max has given a series commitment to an original DC drama set in the Gotham City police department, from The Batman filmmaker Matt Reeves, Boardwalk Empire creator Terence Winter, The Batman producer Dylan Clark and Warner Bros Television.

Written by Winter, the series is set in the world Reeves is creating for The Batman feature and will build upon the film’s examination of the anatomy of corruption in Gotham City, launching a new Batman universe across multiple platforms. The series will extend the world established in the movie and further explore the myriad complex characters of Gotham. This marks the first project for Reeves under his recently announced major overall deal with the Warner Bros Television Group

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum

VN Store

Back