MAX/Discovery+ (Warner Bros/Discovery)

Warrior on HBOMax is a great show. From the creator of Banshee. Idk how I'm just now finding out about this show. It's about the Tong wars in San Francisco in the late 1800s.

Season 2 of Perry Mason is a great watch. Two more episodes left.

I guess it has to do with the price tiers, but HBO is the awesome brand, not Max. Seems kinda weird that HBO is taking a back seat.
I agree. Seems weird to not put the HBO brand out front.

I've said they should have dropped both HBO & Max and went with WB+ or WarnerBros+.

Warner Brothers has a 100 year history in Cinematic & Television history why not embrace it?

I've said they should have dropped both HBO & Max and went with WB+ or WarnerBros+.

Warner Brothers has a 100 year history in Cinematic & Television history why not embrace it?

HBO > WB IMO

When I think of Warner Bros, I think of kid's movies and shows, mostly. Although the last Mad Max movie might be my favorite movie of all time, and that was WB. But most of their big hits are like Harry Potter and Happy Feet, seems like.

Reactions: bignewt
HBO > WB IMO

When I think of Warner Bros, I think of kid's movies and shows, mostly. Although the last Mad Max movie might be my favorite movie of all time, and that was WB. But most of their big hits are like Harry Potter and Happy Feet, seems like.
When I think of HBO, I think of expensive, out dated, reruns of better crap but still crap. MAX I would have put in that category and still do somewhat, but I associate it now with newer shows that have come out recently that are really good.

HBO > WB IMO

Looney Tunes, Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, Citizen Kane, 2001 ASO, Blazing Saddles.... I can keep going.

Looney Tunes, Wizard of Oz, Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, Citizen Kane, 2001 ASO, Blazing Saddles.... I can keep going.

All ancient history. Classic movies are barely an after thought when I pay for a streaming subscription, but that's just me.

When I think of HBO, I think of expensive, out dated, reruns of better crap but still crap. MAX I would have put in that category and still do somewhat, but I associate it now with newer shows that have come out recently that are really good.
HBO is and has always been the gold standard of television content.

I guess it has to do with the price tiers, but HBO is the awesome brand, not Max. Seems kinda weird that HBO is taking a back seat.

Here’s why.

"HBO is HBO. It needs to stay that way," Warner Bros. Discovery head of streaming JB Perrette said at an April 12 event unveiling the new Max brand. "We will not push it to the breaking point by forcing it to take on the full breadth of this new content proposition had we kept the name in the service brand."
In a not-so-subtle shot at Netflix, HBO CEO Casey Bloys touted Max by highlighting its brand strength.
"We're not a giant undifferentiated blob of programming," he said at the event.

If none of y’all have seen Warrior on Max and you love fighting and badassness, I suggest you check it out.. probably one of the best shows out there right now
Started it Saturday night after seeing this post. Finished season 1 last night. Very good.

VN Store

Back