Maurer? Portal bound?

Maurer wasn't big enough to be successful this year. That is what others have pointed out. He got injured, likely in part due to a size difference between himself and the defenders teeing off on him.

I'm glad he "looks" big enough to you.

However, the real world called and 23 pounds is still a significant difference between Maurer and the heisman trophy winner that you chose to compare his stature to.
The concussion was a result of flipping and landing on his head. The hit to the ribs was blindside and would of caused the same result to someone who weighed much more.. Neither injury was a result of Maurer’s lack of physical size. Individuals here who claim otherwise are simply wrong.

Let’s be honest, Bailey looks more college ready than any of the QBs on our roster including Maurer.

Not saying Maurer is a bad QB but he’s really struggled ever since his injury.

JG has shown flashes but is way too inconsistent. Not sure what else can be done with him.

Shrout probably won’t ever see the field.

Bailey has all the tools and the maturity to be the leader at the QB position which we’ve lacked for some quite time now.

Maybe. Fact is, Bailey was playing against high schoolers, not rabid lunatic SEC defenses. So looks don't tell that much. I'm high on him too but would wait until he's been through spring and maybe fall training as well before I'd claim he's college-ready. Which itself could be a fallacy and proven so after the first 3 - 5 college games. All the same let's just hope he proves to be our Trevor Lawrence, so to speak.

Last edited:
should be a lot fun to watch what happens...I'm sure there will be a surprise or two...

GO BIG ORANGE!

His turnovers were going to lose him the job back to JG if the injury hadn’t. Those two end zone picks against Miss State could’ve easily cost us that game.
If that was the case why was he trotted out against KY.....the job was his CJP went game manager style and it worked. But CJP gave the job back to JG

His turnovers were going to lose him the job back to JG if the injury hadn’t. Those two end zone picks against Miss State could’ve easily cost us that game.

So Maurer loses his job for interceptions, but JG just gets a time out?

gatorbowl.png

I’m not high on any of our QBs from this year. Hoping Bailey is the answer but I don’t think he’ll be ready yet. Most likely JG will be starter, he’s the best of the bad that we have unfortunately

Reactions: ArdentVol
If all is well after his injury I think Hill is too good of an athlete to sit on the bench. Meaning I think they find somewhere for him to play on offense, whether it be WR, SR or HB.
Yeah let's plug the guy with an ACL tear on each leg in at WR or HB.

Do y'all just see skin color and assume he's an athlete capable of playing multiple positions?

The concussion was a result of flipping and landing on his head. The hit to the ribs was blindside and would of caused the same result to someone who weighed much more.. Neither injury was a result of Maurer’s lack of physical size. Individuals here who claim otherwise are simply wrong.
Typical response from you. "I'm right, youre wrong"

Regardless of evidence you always revert to this type of response despite facts. You claim they have similar builds. I point out you are wrong by 23 lbs. You respond that despite facts I'm "simply wrong."

Its laughable the way you think.

Players with more mass ARE protected from injury better than those with less mass.

By your logic a 150 lb player running down the football field has the same chance of being injured as a 210 lb player who is bigger and stronger. Mass does matter. In the case of a player flipping mass still matters as the force applied will have a greater effect on the trajectory and rotations of a player of less mass, both of which affect the force applied to the part(s) of the body that contacts the ground.

I apoligize to everyone having to read through some of this while I try to debunk this guys infantile opinion that he is always right regardless of logic and fact.

No he didn’t. Everyone fell in love after that long TD vs UGA but outside of that play, he looked lost out there and it’s lucky he didnt have twice as many interceptions as he did.

Oh, and he’s very small, and can’t finish a game.

That said, he had confidence and moxie. If he was patient and took a red shirt year, he could be something down the line. But not now. Transferring is a mistake.
if he has NFL dreams than no it is not a mistake. Bailey is more than likely the Qb of the future and he knows it

So Maurer loses his job for interceptions, but JG just gets a time out?

gatorbowl.png
Numbers don't show the whole story. Yes he completed 33% of his passes that day. His two incompletitions were thrown into triple coverage and both should have bee intercepted. He did not see the field the rest of the game and for good reason. I tink he was still suffering for his lack of work because of his concussion/concussions. He has had time to recover and I think he will have a good season if he stays.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

Do y'all just see skin color and assume he's an athlete capable of playing multiple positions?
Im wondering the same thing. Hill is only a qb and not a runner at all.

He also passed the ball better and was ranked higher than BM.

If either of the two moves to wr it's likely to be BM.

Reactions: lexkyvol

On this board?? Where posters frequently discuss how certain melanin enriched players are more "well-spoken" than others? Where posters talk about how "thuggish" other players are or are not, depending on said melanin enrichment and NOT their behavior?

Yes.

Typical response from you. "I'm right, youre wrong"

Regardless of evidence you always revert to this type of response despite facts. You claim they have similar builds. I point out you are wrong by 23 lbs. You respond that despite facts I'm "simply wrong."

Its laughable the way you think.

Players with more mass ARE protected from injury better than those with less mass.

By your logic a 150 lb player running down the football field has the same chance of being injured as a 210 lb player who is bigger and stronger. Mass does matter. In the case of a player flipping mass still matters as the force applied will have a greater effect on the trajectory and rotations of a player of less mass, both of which affect the force applied to the part(s) of the body that contacts the ground.

I apoligize to everyone having to read through some of this while I try to debunk this guys infantile opinion that he is always right regardless of logic and fact.
Depends on the type of hit. The concussion without a doubt was not related to Maurer’s size. Also my opinions are my own and I recognize others may have a different opinion. That is how debates occur, trying to support your opinions.

We do not want BM to leave, he was a true freshman this season and played like one which was on par with a JR. That should scare everyone.

Betting that HB is going to come in and be the next Trevor Lawrence is setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. A full off season in the program will do wonders for BM and he could very well be the starter next season.

We do not want BM to leave, he was a true freshman this season and played like one which was on par with a JR. That should scare everyone.

Betting that HB is going to come in and be the next Trevor Lawrence is setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. A full off season in the program will do wonders for BM and he could very well be the starter next season.
Pruitt has another freshman too, so that is 5 QB's on the roster. We're not going to hold all of those.

VN Store

Back