Maurer listed as the starter for Bama

Once seen Guarantano pick up a rock as big as a cow...didn’t hurt or nothin! Then he threw it to the ground...but missed.

Last edited:
I’m to the point where I believe k-town and posters like him are just trolls here for the purpose of generating traffic. Why else would anyone take up a ‘wrong headed’ position that basically no one agrees with and incessantly argue said position?
They have an agenda...

I’m pumped BM is ready to play and wants to lead this team at night in Bryant Denny. If you are worried about a qb getting hurt mentally or physically against the gold standard then maybe go follow the pac12.

We need him to grow and have experience against the elite. How to play in hostile environments, how to settle nerves and especially how to managed elite defenses. If you want the coaches to just fold up shop and play to not get hurt then don’t be upset when we never win anything worthwhile. Play every game to win no matter how outmanned they say we are.

When we start holding players out because were afraid they will get hurt is will be the day the last nail goes in the coffin.....he'll fire I can't believe this was brought up....,dam
You're another one that misread my posts. I said IF he starts I hope he don't get hurt. I never said sit him out. SMDH!!!

I’m to the point where I believe k-town and posters like him are just trolls here for the purpose of generating traffic. Why else would anyone take up a ‘wrong headed’ position that basically no one agrees with and incessantly argue said position?

Some posters like us are just smarter than the guys going off of "moxie" and "energy" instead of results.

We like data and performance. Not warm and fuzzy feelings. Outside of one quarter BM has been bad.

Jg has shown the ability to perform in the SEC and actually have success passing the ball for a whole game. He also had the second best performance by a returning qb in the SEC for the whole season last year. He has shown he can get it done.

BM hasn't shown he can have a complete half even. In two years he could be better. Right now its not close.

Some posters like us are just smarter than the guys going off of "moxie" and "energy" instead of results.

We like data and performance. Not warm and fuzzy feelings. Outside of one quarter BM has been bad.

Jg has shown the ability to perform in the SEC and actually have success passing the ball for a whole game. He also had the second best performance by a returning qb in the SEC for the whole season last year. He has shown he can get it done.

BM hasn't shown he can have a complete half even. In two years he could be better. Right now its not close.
😂👍 Whatever troll...

I write this again... hoping vainly that for once you will back away from your cult delusions... and actually understand why you are completely wrong.
You don't go off results. You parse stats and ignore hard facts that really destroy your argument. Someone who won't take risks or really even try plays that aren't that risky may have good completion %. They won't throw a lot of INT's. But they won't produce and they won't open a D up. That's the "facts" of JG's career... that you completely ignore.

Maurer isn't just "moxie" and "energy". He's a kid willing to make the throws and risk the mistakes. He's seeing and attempting the plays that JG wouldn't. The missed opportunities which led Pruitt to replace JG.

Maurer is NOT good enough. He's making too many mistakes. He's not protecting himself. But BOTH of those things are coachable.

They tried for the entire offseason to build JG's confidence and coach him to see and make those plays. They tried to get him to stop being so risk averse and hesitant. By Pruitt's own words, he had a great spring and summer. They expected him to make those throws... then he didn't. They gave him another game. He still didn't. They gave him another and he still didn't. Then they moved on to someone who would at least try.

Outside of really one game, Auburn, JG has been ineffective... so there's that.

You... are completely delusional. In just his very short career as starter, Maurer has hit those quick reads that JG talked about hitting before the season. He has led guys into big plays where JG allowed defenders to close and either play the ball or tackle the receiver.

Maurer's play leaves a lot to be desired... but it does graphically reveal what makes JG ineffective.

Right now. It is close. The difference is that JG is apparently a finished product. He's not going to even attempt much less make the throws Chaney and Pruitt expect their QB to make down field. He's going to play hyper-safe. He's going to hesitate. He's going to hold the ball too long. He's going to take sacks. He's going to make the O easy to defend.

Maurer... even with the mistakes... you can have hope that he can be coached up to avoid the mistakes and protect himself.

Yes. Winning. We want the players who have performed in games and practice better to play.
He's performed really in one game. One specific game where UT had a big advantage on the outside on 50/50 balls. Otherwise, he's been a hyper-safe guy that makes the O so easy to defend that he's never led them to more than 30 points against an FBS opponent.

We do not know how or if UT will continue to lose with Maurer or even Shrout. We do know that UT will continue to lose with JG... and we know how. A completely undermanned GSU team choked UT's O because they knew JG wouldn't lead anyone into a catch or take risks downfield. All they really had to do is play fairly loose coverage and wait for him to check down... and stop the run. Simple formula that will work every time vs JG unless UT has an overwhelming match up advantage.

Good post. But I really think that one of them is either Dobbs4Heisman with an alternate login or else his clone. The posting style and denial of basic factual things... is very similar.

@k-town_king

Get what done? In what world are you living in where JG is "getting it done" at UT? Whats his record as a starter? He couldnt beat GSU..

He's 175 lbs soaking wet, the odds of him playing QB in the SEC at his current size and not getting hurt are slim. Easy to get gunshy if you're not strong enough to handle it physically.

He's listed at 193 and looks considerably larger than 175.

Both injuries could've sidelined bigger, upper class QBs. I wouldn't read too much into them at this point.

Good post. But I really think that one of them is either Dobbs4Heisman with an alternate login or else his clone. The posting style and denial of basic factual things... is very similar.

@k-town_king
You'll know its D4H if he starts ranting about Egypt..dead give away.

100% agree. This kid is nowhere ready to play SEC football. I hope he has a great career but it is not going to happen this year or next. Among our options JG gives us the best chance to win at QB.
If that's true... which I don't believe it is.... then A) get ready for a 3 win season.... IF UT finds a way to beat Vandy and UAB. B) since they aren't going to win anyway... why not just start Maurer or Shrout for the experience?

Maurer's mistakes can be coached up. They're mistakes of aggression.

Unless JG just wakes up a new man and starts taking the shots downfield they've been trying to get him to take... UT isn't going to win behind him. What he does isn't enough to win with the passing game OR keep teams from loading up against the run game. He's a 4th year QB who cannot read a field and properly assess risks and get the ball out. The current staff spent the last 9 months trying to fix him. They couldn't. I think giving Maurer more than a couple of weeks might make sense.

At this point, Shrout is a better option to give UT a "chance" to win than going back to JG should Maurer not improve.

If you believe that JG should still be the starter, so be it. But not sure why you have to undermine/slight BM in the process. You said BM has a glass jaw. Well, he got cold cocked by a blitzer from his blind side. And took a nasty tumble laying it all on the line for his team.

Then you say he is a poor man's combo of Bray and Dobbs. I think the majority of UT fans would be pleased with these attributes in one quarterback. Not sure why you bash BM so to speak. Everyone knows he's young and learning. What exactly does JG bring to the "table" that BM doesn't??
What does jg bring to the table that maurer doesn"t? He brings little to no points scored. In the last 3 sec games jg led us to 13 points in 3 games he didnt play the whole game in all of these, but I would say he played 6 quarters, that's not a good average for a redshirt jr. That's why it's time to move on and try something different

Reactions: Big Al Orange
If that's true... which I don't believe it is.... then A) get ready for a 3 win season.... IF UT finds a way to beat Vandy and UAB. B) since they aren't going to win anyway... why not just start Maurer or Shrout for the experience?

Maurer's mistakes can be coached up. They're mistakes of aggression.

Unless JG just wakes up a new man and starts taking the shots downfield they've been trying to get him to take... UT isn't going to win behind him. What he does isn't enough to win with the passing game OR keep teams from loading up against the run game. He's a 4th year QB who cannot read a field and properly assess risks and get the ball out. The current staff spent the last 9 months trying to fix him. They couldn't. I think giving Maurer more than a couple of weeks might make sense.

At this point, Shrout is a better option to give UT a "chance" to win than going back to JG should Maurer not improve.
As a starter JG is what..a 6 win QB? Career to date...I dont carry a notebook of JG stats on me like some posters..

Then it will be on the back of their offense. No one is saying the D is shabby, but it simply isn't a great one.
Georgia is a better defense. Hell Florida is a better defense this year. Unfortunately for us idk how our secondary stops them.

VN Store

Back