Maur

He's better than Worley who I think is the worst QB we've ever put on the field. BM is in need of weight and strength, that will help his development as much as anything.
If we're talking this Century it's gotta be Nick Stephens. Dude could throw the ball 25 yards in the air...

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I didn’t get to watch the game tonite guys the hotel I was staying at in Atlanta didn’t get the SEC network but why was Maur pulled? Did he get hurt again?
Hey Clem, you don't mind if I call you Clem do you, even though it is not your name? Please show the young man the courtesy of spelling his name correctly.

I didn’t get to watch the game tonite guys the hotel I was staying at in Atlanta didn’t get the SEC network but why was Maur pulled? Did he get hurt again?
1st never stay in that low rent district again! 2nd you can watch from your smartphone. 3rd we don't have a QB named Maur.

He actually played pretty well, after a couple of poor passes, the drive with the Trey Smith penalty stalled out and we ended up getting only 3, but he made a heck of play to get us an easy field goal. Jennings and Palmer both dropped some balls with their hands on it.

I don't want to take anything away from JGs performance, but the WR made some absolute circus catches 2nd half after dropping some easy ones.
But you just had to anyway.

For some reason he was telegraphing all of his throws their defense was reacting to quickly they knew exactly where the ball was going.

He didn’t have the same swagger as he’s had in previous games. Maybe the cold had something to do with it.

I am afraid our coaching is messing him up. I think he was so afraid of making a mistake he was not himself. Did not play with near the confidence and enthuiasiam as he did in previous games. like he knew if I make one mistake I am pulled. He did underthrow some early in the game, but I think that was just rust from not playing. He looked good in the drive we got the field goal, but a bad penalty really hurt the drive. With all this said i believe had he been able to play the whole game he would have gotten his confidence back, like in the drive for the fg, he looked very good. But i will say jg played very well. but I am still not sold on him, because of his lack of consistancy for a whole game. Even though he played well, we still only scored 14 points and that is with him playing well. Not going to beat very many good teams scoring 28 points in todays college football.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
1st never stay in that low rent district again! 2nd you can watch from your smartphone. 3rd we don't have a QB named Maur.

Too much data usage and the Hilton Garden only has dial up... Sooo that’s TFB, but The Spectravision library is surprisingly updated though.

Maurer was nothing like he was vs UGA and Bama 1st half of those games. He was not bad just no spark. They would have probably had 10 or 6 at least ist half.if not for as "the announcer said" Trey Smith playing leap frog long after play was over in to a pile of players looked childish. 15 yard penalty took us out of FG and took away a 1st down.
Overall Maurer did not seem to bring the energy he had before although he had a couple good scramble runs.
JG came in 2nd half threw the ball well and ran the ball the best he has since being here at UT.
You got one word right.....energy. Pruitt noticed it during the week and it showed during the 1st half. Between the refs and us shooting ourselves in the foot we about gave this game away. 6 weeks in a row and playing some good ball has us dinged up and basically wore-out. UK was coming off a break and probably fresher than we were. It wasn't pretty but we take 'em anyway we can get'em. Hopefully we can get our OLine back to full strength, get some rest and play smart at Mizzou. This team has been working hard and it would go a long way to help us going forward. This team and coaches deserve it.

Reactions: sechamp2012
Maur wasn't sharp last night. But, he has a lot more upside than Dormandy ever did...
Dormady heck remember Peterman he looked awful and went on to play better and actually start in the NFL and Maurer started his career in better fashion.

Maybe you didn't watch the game, or are a buffoon, or both, some of those catches were incredible.
The catches were incredible, but your comments show a lack maturity and comprehension of the response. My comment was in response to the backhanded comment I don’t want to take away from JG’s performance, but...... don’t start a sentence saying one thing then do the exact opposite. If you want to complement the awesome catches, you don’t have to throw a stab at the QB who put it in a spot that only the receiver had a chance to make that catch.

The catches were incredible, but your comments show a lack maturity and comprehension of the response. My comment was in response to the backhanded comment I don’t want to take away from JG’s performance, but...... don’t start a sentence saying one thing then do the exact opposite. If you want to complement the awesome catches, you don’t have to throw a stab at the QB who put it in a spot that only the receiver had a chance to make that catch.
My comment was directly related to the play of the WR in the second half compared to their play in the first, not to take anything away from JG because he played a great game. Perhaps you are looking for reasons to be upset, not my problem.

VN Store

Back