Maur

He wasn’t “bad” from a freshman standpoint but he wasn’t himself either. I feel like he was told to stay in the pocket and not use his legs as a precaution. Given that’s half his game to keep drives alive I agree he wasn’t what we expected. JG came in and played the way we wish he had all season. Congrats to him.
I'll state the obvious.... The complete nonexistence of a running game does a freshman with a limited playbook no favors.

I'll state the obvious.... The complete nonexistence of a running game does a freshman with a limited playbook no favors.
If I had to guess Kentucky knew we wouldn’t want Maurer running/extending plays nor would we go with the aggressive game plan we had in previous games with him because they take too long to develop. They planned right for the thoughts of our coaching staff and played the short game. Credit their defensive coordinator for guessing correct.

Reactions: cgrish
So proud of this team tonight. JG most of all. We give that kid a hard time (me included.) I said after the Bama play fiasco that he should not play. I was wrong and just can't say enough how glad I am that he had a good game.

Reactions: alaVOL
Maurer did not play bad or good, looked mostly rusty IMO. He has talent but JG came in and played very well And the team responded.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
He didn’t have the same swagger as he’s had in previous games. Maybe the cold had something to do with it.

Maurer was nothing like he was vs UGA and Bama 1st half of those games. He was not bad just no spark. They would have probably had 10 or 6 at least ist half.if not for as "the announcer said" Trey Smith playing leap frog long after play was over in to a pile of players looked childish. 15 yard penalty took us out of FG and took away a 1st down.
Overall Maurer did not seem to bring the energy he had before although he had a couple good scramble runs.
JG came in 2nd half threw the ball well and ran the ball the best he has since being here at UT.

Maurer was nothing like he was vs UGA and Bama 1st half of those games. He was not bad just no spark. They would have probably had 10 or 6 at least ist half.if not for as "the announcer said" Trey Smith playing leap frog long after play was over in to a pile of players looked childish.
Overall Maurer did not seem to bring the energy he had before although he had a couple good scramble runs.
JG came in 2nd half threw the ball well and ran the ball the best he has since being here at UT.
I was shocked to see him run the way he did.

VN Store

Back