Mattress Shopping

bigdan

I’m currently in the market for a mattress for the first time in... a while. Would love to hear some insight. The big question I’m trying to get answered: Are Tempur-Pedic mattresses worth it? I already am confident that they’re overpriced, but it really does sound like they are the most reputable manufacturer out there. Lastly, if there is a similar thread on here regarding the same topic, a link would be much appreciated. Thanks

I’m currently in the market for a mattress for the first time in... a while. Would love to hear some insight. The big question I’m trying to get answered: Are Tempur-Pedic mattresses worth it? I already am confident that they’re overpriced, but it really does sound like they are the most reputable manufacturer out there. Lastly, if there is a similar thread on here regarding the same topic, a link would be much appreciated. Thanks
Not sure if it addresses your specific question, but here's a previous mattress discussion.

What kind of mattress you all rolling with?

Reactions: bigdan
I posted this in the thread Freak linked but, I'm a tempur-pedic owner. My wife and I played on probably 20 mattresses and the tempurpedic was the only one that made us say "wow"

2 years later still love it. Extremely comfortable.

Reactions: bigdan
I posted this in the thread Freak linked but, I'm a tempur-pedic owner. My wife and I played on probably 20 mattresses and the tempurpedic was the only one that made us say "wow"

I think I’m just going to get one. Like I said, I’m sure they’re overpriced, but they absolutely seem to stand out from the crowd.

Is there any truth to them getting hot? Any cons to them you might have noticed?

I dont have anything negative to say other than the price tag. It takes a week or 2 to get used to it, but that's probably any new mattress.
I think I’m just going to bite the bullet and get one. Already getting a fairly good deal relative to what they usually go for

Last edited:
We purchased a bed in box (Azul) brand memory foam mattress. Best thing we have bought in a while and I just remodeled the kitchen and put hardwood down!

We purchased a bed in box (Azul) brand memory foam mattress. Best thing we have bought in a while and I just remodeled the kitchen and put hardwood down!
ive heard from clients who sell mattresses that Memory Foam Bed In Box has kicked the markets ass, one reason why so many retailers hve gone under.

We just got a Purple Mattress, only a couple nights in but so far it's been fantastic.

Is there any truth to them getting hot? Any cons to them you might have noticed?
They are only hot if there is no quilted top and you are laying directly on the foam, but almost all foam mattresses have gel in them now so
if you are getting foam, just make sure there is gel in them.

Mlilly........bought about a year ago. Hybrid, gelfoam and springs. Love it!
Bought for my Fl house but noticed a store n Ktown at the corner of Lovell n Kingston Pike n strip mall
King for $1200

Take your pants/shorts off and lie down on the showroom mattresses, they just love that.

+1 for tempurpedic. 2 years in and love it. Doesn’t get hot.

VN Store

Back