Mattress Shopping

bigdan

I’m currently in the market for a mattress for the first time in... a while. Would love to hear some insight. The big question I’m trying to get answered: Are Tempur-Pedic mattresses worth it? I already am confident that they’re overpriced, but it really does sound like they are the most reputable manufacturer out there. Lastly, if there is a similar thread on here regarding the same topic, a link would be much appreciated. Thanks

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I’m currently in the market for a mattress for the first time in... a while. Would love to hear some insight. The big question I’m trying to get answered: Are Tempur-Pedic mattresses worth it? I already am confident that they’re overpriced, but it really does sound like they are the most reputable manufacturer out there. Lastly, if there is a similar thread on here regarding the same topic, a link would be much appreciated. Thanks
Not sure if it addresses your specific question, but here's a previous mattress discussion.

What kind of mattress you all rolling with?

K-town Vol Fan

I posted this in the thread Freak linked but, I'm a tempur-pedic owner. My wife and I played on probably 20 mattresses and the tempurpedic was the only one that made us say "wow"

2 years later still love it. Extremely comfortable.

bigdan

I posted this in the thread Freak linked but, I'm a tempur-pedic owner. My wife and I played on probably 20 mattresses and the tempurpedic was the only one that made us say "wow"

I think I’m just going to get one. Like I said, I’m sure they’re overpriced, but they absolutely seem to stand out from the crowd.

bigdan

Is there any truth to them getting hot? Any cons to them you might have noticed?

bigdan

I dont have anything negative to say other than the price tag. It takes a week or 2 to get used to it, but that's probably any new mattress.
I think I’m just going to bite the bullet and get one. Already getting a fairly good deal relative to what they usually go for

Last edited:

jackcrevol

Well Known Member
We purchased a bed in box (Azul) brand memory foam mattress. Best thing we have bought in a while and I just remodeled the kitchen and put hardwood down!
ive heard from clients who sell mattresses that Memory Foam Bed In Box has kicked the markets ass, one reason why so many retailers hve gone under.

VN Store

Sponsors