Matthew Pyke 2014 OL/ Long Snapper 6'3 297

I see no reason why Tennessee hasn't offered him....he is everything a O-line coach wants in a O Lineman. Maybe the coaches don't know enough about him yet? They need to learn more about him and offer him cause I can promise they don't want him to go to any other SEC team. He's always has been a vol..butch needs to make him a VFL.

Maybe they like other kids better. Maybe they see him as a center and don't want to cause issues with Coleman already on board. Maybe they feel he will choose to be a VOL if offered and are waiting to see how their board plays out. Lots of reasons why the offer has not come yet, if it does.

I would be fine with taking the kid. I have always liked the idea of taking talented local kids for the OL. Just something about them standing in there when the times are tough and the game is on the line.

Maybe they like other kids better. Maybe they see him as a center and don't want to cause issues with Coleman already on board. Maybe they feel he will choose to be a VOL if offered and are waiting to see how their board plays out. Lots of reasons why the offer has not come yet, if it does.

I would be fine with taking the kid. I have always liked the idea of taking talented local kids for the OL. Just something about them standing in there when the times are tough and the game is on the line.

I understand what your saying about him choosing to be a vol, but lets be honest... He isn't going to be on board forever with Miss State, Vandy, and several other programs calling. We need to keep local talent where they belong, and they belong in orange.

I understand what your saying about him choosing to be a vol, but lets be honest... He isn't going to be on board forever with Miss State, Vandy, and several other programs calling. We need to keep local talent where they belong, and they belong in orange.

Chill out...everyone acts like its a week before NSD. We can't sign all of the local products unfortunately. This staff has given us no reason so far to not trust their recruiting skills. Relax and let the board play out. Many lineman will get their chance to earn an offer at camps this summer.

Reactions: 1 person
Chill out...everyone acts like its a week before NSD. We can't sign all of the local products unfortunately. This staff has given us no reason so far to not trust their recruiting skills. Relax and let the board play out. Many lineman will get their chance to earn an offer at camps this summer.

Lineman usually get offered in summer after they camp anyways

It is always a week before NSD here on VN! :)

Am I the only one who hates the name pyke from having to deal with that douchebag frat in college

Well, I'll abstain from posting my own opinion of those guys...but I did have more than one brush up with them in my days at UT.

When coaches say we need to see you in camp first they are really saying we hope to get these kids we have offered but if you they don’t come we may want you. Go to the camps of teams that offer you first. They have showed they want you and it will give you a chance to evaluate their staff. If you have an open spot them you can to the school you loved growing up. Once one school that you would be happy at has offered, you as the athlete can take control and tell everyone else if you want me in camp you must offer. LOL at a SEC coach needs to see you in person to evaluate you.

When coaches say we need to see you in camp first they are really saying we hope to get these kids we have offered but if you they don’t come we may want you. Go to the camps of teams that offer you first. They have showed they want you and it will give you a chance to evaluate their staff. If you have an open spot them you can to the school you loved growing up. Once one school that you would be happy at has offered, you as the athlete can take control and tell everyone else if you want me in camp you must offer. LOL at a SEC coach needs to see you in person to evaluate you.

wait.... what?

Offers don't mean a lot anyway early on. Schools throw out offers all the time with no intention to actually take the kid until they are ready to if at all. I get what your saying though and agree if they tell a kid to come to camp to have a chance at an offer, it's just a slow play tactic while they hope to land the top 4-5 kids who got offers w/out showing up.

VN Store

Back