Matt Campbell (Iowa State)

Poll: Hire Matt Campbell?

• Yes

Votes: 575 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 124 17.7%

• Total voters
Freeze, Malzahn, Campbell are three that immediately spring to mind. Napier, Chadwell also possibilities

Freeze is a non starter for every team this year..... gotta be a message there somewhere.
Gus is a bit interesting. Most affordable for sure. But I have not heard of teams lining up there either.
Campbell is the most promising name on your list but he is already getting on NFL lists too.. How do our bucks stack up to NFL bucks? Just don't see us winning his heart for a long term solution and bet we cannot get him with big buyouts in his contract.

Matt Campbell likes where he is and blew off Texas when they reached out. By a process of deductive reasoning, I doubt he even takes our phone call.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
Matt Campbell likes where he is and blew off Texas when they reached out. By a process of deductive reasoning, I doubt he even takes our phone call.

Or, and just hear me out, but he heard about the crap Herman had to put up with and decided that wasn’t for him

Would using deductive reasoning have told you that we would hire Danny White?

Totally different situations. Almost nobody on this board knew who Danny White was until a couple of days ago. So, hard to know anything about if he would or would not...till now.

Last edited:
I don’t want Campbell, my belief is he would be in way over his head in SEC, the south and recruiting. HARD PASS....plus he’s comfortable where he is, goofy, and at a place with zero expectations.

Reactions: The Hound
I don’t want Campbell, my belief is he would be in way over his head in SEC, the south and recruiting. HARD PASS....plus he’s comfortable where he is, goofy, and at a place with zero expectations.
I didn’t want to be the one to say it, but I feel the same way. I know we should be thrilled with someone like him compared to our current situation but he just doesn’t do it for me. A 35-28 record in the big 12 just doesn’t get me excited. You have guys like Gus with a 69-35 record in the SEC or Herman with 32-18 record. I just feel like if we were to get him, we could have done a lot better for the amount of money we would have to pay.

Reactions: beachvol23

VN Store

Back