Marty Smith Reports Bryce Young is Taking Reps in Practice

He was just on ESPN broadcasting from Alabama's facility. He said he spoke to an OL that says they expect Bryce to start.

No way of knowing if this is a smoke screen or not.

Also if he plays how close to 100% he'll be.
Wait until Jeremy Banks gets acquainted with his shoulder

I’m surprised Saban doesn’t have a backup QB not more prepared. This is on him more than anything. Especially since for the last several years he has had a 1A and a 1B situation. This is on him. And now he gets to own it.

Reactions: UTFanHades
I welcome that Saban is resorting to Butch Jones tier gamesmanship with these obviously fake reports fed to dim witted media personalities. He didn’t even throw during warmups last week but he’s a-ok now? If he’s cleared and plays he’s going to be playing hurt and limited. Saban will gladly and has gladly played hurt players. I do hope he’s thought about his future and based his decision on what’s best for his career and not the desires of Saban’s ego.

Bryce doesn’t play defense. As long as we score (which we can) we can win.

We could score last year and they still beat us by 4 TD's. And it was close for 3 Quarters. They are more than capable of putting up 50+ on us. Look at Fla's sorry excuse for an offense. They scored almost at will and were up and down the field on us. Don't get this overconfidence about a team we've not beaten in 15 years.

I welcome that Saban is resorting to Butch Jones tier gamesmanship with these obviously fake reports fed to dim witted media personalities. He didn’t even throw during warmups last week but he’s a-ok now? If he’s cleared and plays he’s going to be playing hurt and limited. Saban will gladly and has gladly played hurt players. I do hope he’s thought about his future and based his decision on what’s best for his career and not the desires of Saban’s ego.

He has consulted with his parents too. If he plays his parents signed off on it.

Reactions: UTFanHades
Stomp on it, set it on fire, stir the ashes and shoot 'em into space

Sorry.... too much?

Seriously.... shoulder injuries are a thing. If he wants to play with it, that's on him.....

All TN DBs should be on the lookout for underthrown passes, though.....

Yea because most of the season they have been looking at the receiver's names and numbers instead of their Facemasks. We will need several turnovers by Ala and none by the Vols. For the life of me, how does any fan that's watched our Secondary play have confidence we can stop their offense. Ball St's QB hit over 62% and around 270 yds,Akron's QB hit almost 70% and 240 yds, Richardson threw for 450 yds, J.Daniels threw for 300 yds and hit 71% of his passes. We haven't faced an elite passing QB yet like Young. Our Secondary has been scorched. I want to beat the damn Bammers more than anybody but what have some of ya'll seen about our D that stats don't show. We have forced some turnovers and Ala is in a rare place with their turnovers and at times have made huge stops. Thanks mostly to our DLine and ability to get to the QB. I hope I'm wrong, but right now I don't trust our Secondary and D to get many stops vs Ala. We may have to score 60 to win.

Reactions: Gandalf
I hope he does play. If we beat Bama, I'd rather we beat them with him in the game so they can't make excuses. "Well Young didn't play...".

Reactions: Vol_in_NC_1999
I think we see both a banged-up Young and then a one-dimensional Milroe in this game. BY with a hurt shoulder throws a pick 6, and then Milroe comes in when it’s clear Young can’t put zip on the ball with his injury.
They may use both qb’s. A la Jalen hurts

He was just on ESPN broadcasting from Alabama's facility. He said he spoke to an OL that says they expect Bryce to start.

No way of knowing if this is a smoke screen or not.

Also if he plays how close to 100% he'll be.
He took snaps in warmups at the A&M game. He didn't throw though.

Reactions: BristolVol
I doubt Saban was trying to deke us by not having Young throw during A&M warmups. He almost certainly couldn't make an overhand throwing motion. That doesn't appear to be a situation that'll be fully rectified in 7 short days.

Saban says BY practiced "some" Wed. Sounds cagey to me - just as he was last week. Naturally he wants us to prepare for both QBs...

Reactions: white65
I doubt Saban was trying to deke us by not having Young throw during A&M warmups. He almost certainly couldn't make an overhand throwing motion. That doesn't appear to be a situation that'll be fully rectified in 7 short days.

Saban says BY practiced "some" Wed. Sounds cagey to me - just as he was last week. Naturally he wants us to prepare for both QBs...

I agree but the OL that talked to Marty Smith said he was preparing to start. If he doesn’t even throw the ball in warm ups Marty should roast that kid! Lol

Reactions: therealitytheory
Yea because most of the season they have been looking at the receiver's names and numbers instead of their Facemasks. We will need several turnovers by Ala and none by the Vols. For the life of me, how does any fan that's watched our Secondary play have confidence we can stop their offense. Ball St's QB hit over 62% and around 270 yds,Akron's QB hit almost 70% and 240 yds, Richardson threw for 450 yds, J.Daniels threw for 300 yds and hit 71% of his passes. We haven't faced an elite passing QB yet like Young. Our Secondary has been scorched. I want to beat the damn Bammers more than anybody but what have some of ya'll seen about our D that stats don't show. We have forced some turnovers and Ala is in a rare place with their turnovers and at times have made huge stops. Thanks mostly to our DLine and ability to get to the QB. I hope I'm wrong, but right now I don't trust our Secondary and D to get many stops vs Ala. We may have to score 60 to win.

Yeah, TN's secondary has been, for the most part, horrible.... I won't disagree with that

But it somehow worked against LSU, on their own field. We have to hope it'll be enough against a QB (Young) whose throwing shoulder is injured or his backup (Milroe), who isn't anywhere near the passer Young is

Oh they'll make excuses about something regardless who plays

I'm sure they would. I'd still rather not hear them use Young as the excuse, beating them when they are at their best. I can deal with them making excuses about whatever they decide to go with beyond that. Like the usual stuff in football "refs" or something else.

I’m not sure which is more beneficial to us—an injured BY playing or Milroe starting.

BY, being hurt, is less likely to scramble and will likely not be able to throw as sharp. Milroe, while not a great passer, is much more dangerous in the run game, and running QBs gave us all we could handle last year. But, he has also been quite the turnover machine.

I think we’re in a good spot no matter who plays.

Gibbs is the guy we’ll have to focus on. He is so explosive and a true home-run threat.

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
I'm sure they would. I'd still rather not hear them use Young as the excuse, beating them when they are at their best. I can deal with them making excuses about whatever they decide to go with beyond that. Like the usual stuff in football "refs" or something else.
Young will be the excuse...oh he wasn't 100% that's why ...

Young will be the excuse...oh he wasn't 100% that's why ...
I think Tennessee wins and the Sports Media along with Alabama fans will be bitching that Tennessee beat Alabama without Bryce Young or a below par Bryce Young. I think Alabama will lose to Ole Miss also and not make it to the SECCG.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog

VN Store

Back