Marty Smith Reports Bryce Young is Taking Reps in Practice

Not sure which QB starts. Not sure it will matter.

Their 3rd string walk on could have a career day on slants alone

Agreed..We made sorry a$$ Anthony Richardson look like a Heisman candidate. As bad as I want a win against the Bams, I can't see us stopping Gibbs and whomever starts a QB. I'm pretty sure Bryce will be playing. But our Secondary hasn't made any QB look bad yet. That's my biggest concern.

Reactions: Gandalf
the problem with college football is it happens on a Saturday and then we have a whole week with nothing to do but speculate, guess, pass rumors and gossip, and otherwise increase the hype. Saturday can't get here fast enough. BTW, my cousin works at a Target and says he overheard a Bama coach confirm Bryce was going to play. I think it was in the men's clothing aisle so, that means it's probably fact.

Boxers or briefs? Trust me, it matters.

He was just on ESPN broadcasting from Alabama's facility. He said he spoke to an OL that says they expect Bryce to start.

No way of knowing if this is a smoke screen or not.

Also if he plays how close to 100% he'll be.
100% Smoke Screen. Lil Nicky is a master manipulator. My son-in-law was just listening to sports on Sirius XM in his car and they said Young was very questionable. I'm taking that with a grain of salt. One player ain't going to determine the outcome Saturday. Go Vols.

LOL…Marty Smith didn’t see him taking reps, he just reported that an unnamed Bama OL said that Bryce would play. No way Saban would send the guy out to spread disinformation.

LOL…Marty Smith didn’t see him taking reps, he just reported that an unnamed Bama OL said that Bryce would play. No way Saban would send the guy out to spread disinformation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff Clark
"There's really nothing there to tell you," Saban said. "He's making progress, he's been able to practice some and we'll continue to evaluate him as the week progresses."

He's practicing but can he take a hit?

Bryce Young Update: "He's Made a Lot of Progress"
That’s my thing, if he plays I’d be shocked to see him use his legs much, considering it increases his chance of taking hits. Then if his shoulder is at all sore, might expect his passing to take a hit, especially if passing is leaned on heavily throughout the game. No matter what, I see it as a challenge for them if he plays.

Reactions: WillisWG
It’s probably better for us if BY plays. He surely won’t be looking to run and who knows if he can throw the ball deep. Their backup QB is a running threat that can burn us.
Exactly my thoughts.
I want him to play so that if UT wins people can’t use the excuse that we won when Bama was down. Although it’ll likely be that way no matter what. We’ve seen everyone say “well UT hasn’t played anyone, their next game against Pitt/Florida/LSU will be their first test. After each win you always hear the same, that those teams were overhyped and not good. So if/when UT beats Bama(even with BY), the excuse will be that Bama isn’t the same Bama from the last decade+. And I’d agree, Bama doesn’t look like their usual dominate self. But the constant moving of goal post when evaluating UT is becoming comical esp when no one is using that same standard for other teams. USC, Mich, etc haven’t even looked in the direction of a good team, but everyone loves them. Bama has barely held on to squeeze out wins multiple times against non ranked teams, but no one bats an eye. UT has taken down 3 ranked teams, Bama and the rest of the ranked teams have only played against 1 ranked team each.

Long story short, after this game if we lose people will be lining up to say I told you so. If UT wins people will still essentially say UT is sh*t because they beat a down Bama team. It won’t end

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
He couldn’t throw Sat in public but he’s throwing passes in practice on Wednesday? Hmmmmm
The issues with certain injuries have slated windows of return to activities. Everyone in the world knows that Bryce knows the playbook and routes. If he has any swelling team doctors could have told him to completely rest until it's evaluated that he can proceed with no further damage. So Wednesday comes and he feels good and evaluation goes good so they let him throw a set number of throws kind of like a Pitch count for pitchers coming back after injury and then shut him down and see how he is on Thursday. If he is good then a few more Thursday with more velocity. If good Friday he rest completely which is complete standard anyways injured or not and then Saturday if feeling good he starts.

The issues with certain injuries have slated windows of return to activities. Everyone in the world knows that Bryce knows the playbook and routes. If he has any swelling team doctors could have told him to completely rest until it's evaluated that he can proceed with no further damage. So Wednesday comes and he feels good and evaluation goes good so they let him throw a set number of throws kind of like a Pitch count for pitchers coming back after injury and then shut him down and see how he is on Thursday. If he is good then a few more Thursday with more velocity. If good Friday he rest completely which is complete standard anyways injured or not and then Saturday if feeling good he starts.
I figure he starts but does it really matter? Need to hit him or mildew everytime we can. Pressure, sacks, pain, all Fing night with a heaping helping of Rocky Top!

I don’t think he’s playing. I wonder if they’ve tried convincing him to and he’s making a personal decision to shut it down.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
I hope he plays. I want to beat them without excuses. And should we lose, I don't want it to be to their backup to hurt our credibility

VN Store

Back