Martin and Howland top 2

So an ESPN report that Martin is Marquette's top target isn't some indication that he might leave?

No. It means they're targeting him. It also said it was unclear if Martin has any interest at all in them. Again, schools go after coaches when they fire their old ones and they like to go after good coaches. Cuonzo is a good coach ergo they're targeting him. Doesn't mean he has any intention of leaving it just means Marquette wants him.

and then you will really see mediocrity

That is mostly what we have seen thus far. I don't see it getting much better as recruiting is currently pretty average. I think there are plenty of other coaches that can do what Martin has done. We can do better.

That is mostly what we have seen thus far. I don't see it getting much better as recruiting is currently pretty average. I think there are plenty of other coaches that can do what Martin has done. We can do better.

not much is average about a sweet 16 no matter how we got there. it gets much, much worse esp in the short term if he leaves

@AustinPriceless: I asked Jordan McRae if he would blame Cuonzo Martin if he left after the criticism this year. "That's not the kinda man he is."

^^^ this is the way I feel. Martin isn't scared off by fan criticism.

Any place that expects winning isn't going to tolerate the underperforming this team was doing. Especially after his last two teams waited until February to start reaching their potential.

No. It means they're targeting him. It also said it was unclear if Martin has any interest at all in them. Again, schools go after coaches when they fire their old ones and they like to go after good coaches. Cuonzo is a good coach ergo they're targeting him. Doesn't mean he has any intention of leaving it just means Marquette wants him.

Yes, but you said Martin wasn't leaving as a definite. You don't know he isn't leaving, no more than anyone knows he is.

I would be worried.

@AustinPriceless: I asked Jordan McRae if he would blame Cuonzo Martin if he left after the criticism this year. "That's not the kinda man he is."

Any place that expects winning isn't going to tolerate the underperforming this team was doing. Especially after his last two teams waited until February to start reaching their potential.

Pretty much. I said a while back it's not in his DNA to run off like a child in a huff.

Stat boys blaming VN for Martin possibly going back closer to base is typical. Man says he had 100's of 1000's of words and letters of support, yet these assclowns (gavols word) want to blame a petition, of which half the names were made up. Mike Hunt and Nelson Mandela really don't care.
And don't forget the recruit who bailed prior to the petition. Why did he decommjt? Because of the product he, his family and coaches saw at the time.

Whatever dude. Your quest for personal validation by playing message board coach and disparaging anyone who disgrees with you is pathetic. Your opinion means jack **** to me. Don't let it hurt your feelings.

Reactions: 1 person

People talk about Martin's mental toughness, and in the next breath talk about him leaving a top 10 attendance program because he is butthurt about an online petition?

Do you people realize this is real life? Do you realize how weak of an argument that is?

Reactions: 5 people
He's content at VCU, also his wife holds a high position within the university's administration.

He also gets paid like a high major coach, but has mid major pressure. He has the support of the administration and the fans. Sometimes the grass isn't always greener.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee fans get what they deserve

We complained about Chavis and said that no major program would want him in charge of their defense. Well, we got what we wanted. He left! He suceeded at LSU and we ended up with Sal.

We complained about Fulmer and we got what we wanted. Then we got what we didn't want. KIffin as his replacement.

We complained about Martin and wanted Pearl as his replacement. We didn't get Pearl as his replacement but we may get Martin to leave, afterall...

People talk about Martin's mental toughness, and in the next breath talk about him leaving a top 10 attendance program because he is butthurt about an online petition?

Do you people realize this is real life? Do you realize how weak of an argument that is?

I'm guessing the "petition" doesn't have as much to do with it as the disrespect from some of the higher up people. If the plane thing is true, I'm not sure I would stay. He is tough, but I'm not sure he takes being disrespected lightly either. Being tough and being a doormat are two different things.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back