Mark Wiedmer smells something burning in the kitchen...

I have never heard such a terrible post game presser as I did today. Pruitt should be ashamed of himself. He religiously defends JG in ways that require mental gymnastics to follow (the fumble this week and last week were not his fault??? He's the QB, protecting the football is his responsibility, the INT was the result of a bad play call????). and the only reason Pruitt is defending JG is because Pruitt continues to play him - it's not about defending JG for JG, it's about trying to convince others Pruitt was right to play him.

which in NO WAY is good leadership.

And his coaching staff and players know it. and Pruitt's lost them, I fear.

Like so many others here, I'm so worn out cheering for a dumpster fire of a team. Pruitt - like Jones and Dooley - appears to be in over his head. I wish the players well, and hope those that can are able to transfer successfully.

What’s mind boggling is how we’ve played since our goal line stand to end the first half vs Ga. We’ve played pretty good football for 2.5
games and crappy football for 1.5 games. I still think the defense overall has played well. They only gave up 20 points today. We should at least be able to score 21. Obviously QB play is what’s killing us.
And who ultimately decides who plays QB, own it CJP

Reactions: 08Vol
Think the stupid extension is why alot of us are even downer.

No extension we have hope.

With extension we know hes here till atleast 2023 and then we go unproven coach rebuild again.

Honestly why should those of us who have cared and supported this team for decades keep supporting them when they clearly dont care about us?

I am fried.
Cash strap ourselves everytime we do this. We end up having to fire a guy we shouldn't have hired to begin with, then use it as a excuse to hire out of the bargain bin at Bargain hunt..

What we need to compete in the best conference in the NCAA see link below. There is no comparison of our talent with UGA or UA talent. It is a lot easier to win with massive amounts of 5 stars. With our talent, we have to be mistake free. I liked the play selection on the first drive but not sure why we moved away from the run and went to the passing game. This has been the theme this year and I am not sure why. Ground game mixed with short high percentage passes, and occasional shots down field to Palmer. Control the ball and give our D a rest but mistakes put us in passing situations. Not a coach nor player but a 50+ year Volunteer fan that believes this team can win but is very confused about the play calling and how to eliminate the mistakes.

247Sports Team Talent Composite: Georgia has CFB's No. 1 roster

I sensed a problem when Pruitts first team came out flat in his first game vs WV. They quit on him toward end of the season in blow out losses to Missouri & vandy. Then his 2nd team was flat vs Ga State & BYU.

Now they’ve quit the week before Bama. Hummmm. Not good

UT football is in a bad place right now and I don't see any change on the horizon. Next week will be brutal

Right now? We’ve been in a bad place for 3 1/4 seasons. How many teams with a winning record has Pruitt beaten? How many games has Pruitt blown? He’s a ****ing loser that needs to be shown the door along with the POS that hired him.

JG's interceptions gut punch our offensive players. We were moving the ball much better than Kentucky until we gift wrapped them 14 points. Our defense kept battling but our O never got going and we finally wore down our D. If we get decent qb play today we would have won. We got behind and got timid with our play calling, we were running well to start the game but you could tell the offense just lost confidence after JG was reduced to handing off and throwing short passes that went nowhere. It's time to change directions at QB. Give Shrout more time than one bad throw, or give it to Bailey. Both bring more energy to the team that JG. Its time to go another direction at QB! GBO!!!!!

"Yet when players and coaches alike are discussing effort and focus..."

In my experience, players and coaches talk about "increasing effort" when they just don't yet know WHAT the problem is. Until the film is broken down and each player graded play-by-play, no one really knows anything.

Coolio knew something was going on in the kitchen, but he never figured it out.
They say we got to learn, but nobody's here to teach us, if they can't understand us, how can they reach us? I guess they can't, I guess they won't, I guess this staff is front'n, that's how I know this team is out of luck, fool.

JG needs benched , Will Friend needs replaced, Chaney needs to earn his pay check, Need a new QB coach and thats just the beginning . Idk if it’s Dl coach or not having the talent on the DL yet which is my guess but Yr three looks like Butch ,Dooley years 3.0. I’m sorry for being like this but dang it man I’m ready to celebrate wins and see our Volnation light up with excitement and other fan bases hating us again and being jealous for once.

This is the same type of stuff we were hearing when we lost to Georgia state, then we almost beat bama and went on an 8 game win streak. Remember, this team did beat usce who beat auburn today and killed mizzou who beat LSU. Went toe to toe with #3 Georgia for a half. We have a good team and the potential to win more games this year, just need a spark on offense.

It’s a long season. The jury is still out.

Pruitt? That you?!

From the article:
"Of course, it may be that this wretched performance was nothing more than Tennessee being unable to find much focus or emotion against a team it had beaten 33 of the previous 35 times they'd met. And that's somewhat understandable."

No. No, it's not understandable.

Cash strap ourselves everytime we do this. We end up having to fire a guy we shouldn't have hired to begin with, then use it as a excuse to hire out of the bargain bin at Bargain hunt..
Instead of spending the money on a proven commodity, we’d rather spend it on buying out risky failures.

Reactions: 08Vol
Some thought I was crazy last week when I implied this much, but behind closed doors, players are angry with some who probably shouldn't be playing their position. Of course, there will be some that give up because their efforts on the field are for not because others aren't doing their part. JG can have all the hustle and prep, look sharp in practice but will never be a game-day QB. The dude should have just worn a blue and white jersey Saturday. I am willing to bet he is 70% of the team's problem. Pretty sure he has lost the line and the receiving corps.

It's a pattern. A pattern of incompetence. A lot of fans have checked out already. I'm getting to the point where i just may catch the score on my phone. This offense is a eye sore.
I really don’t want to watch any more. It’s kinda ceased to be fun. If we had a new QB, we could at least have some interest in seeing the kid develop. I’ve seen enough of #2

No, it's Chaney too...Look at some of the designed plays Bama and Georgia have run tonight on offense isolating a WR against a LB...We have speed at WR that we have not used hardly at all...
Maybe Alabama and UGA's QB and Staff trust their receiving corps. It appears JG trusts none of his receivers to make tough catches. He can't throw them open either. We don't know how many plays JG changes or what is called. What I do know is that he doesn't see the field well or read defenses well.

For the first time, I am embarrassed for the fans. We have and waited and waited for someone to bring Tennessee to its rightful place at the top of the SEC. I want CPF, to tear into some people's a$$ and tell Chaney to earn his damn pay. What we see is a coaching staff that have lost the locker room.
Fulmer needs to be fired today. We probably are stuck with Pruitt for another season. Making him fire the only man on the staff who knows offense is not the answer.

Reactions: Cartervol and 08Vol

VN Store

Back