Marjorie Taylor Greene Receives Standing Ovation From Repubs. Dems Vote To Remove Her From Two Committees

Franklin Pierce

Majorie Taylor Greene gets a standing ovation from Republicans as she AVOIDS punishment for QAnon claims: Georgia Rep. mocks Kevin McCarthy as 'all talk' and calls Mitch McConnell 'Mr Big Turtle' as she escapes censure for conspiracy theories

Marjorie Taylor Greene was given a standing ovation by dozens of House Republicans Wednesday after refusing to apologize for her conspiracy theories - and escaping any censure from the party's leadership as she openly mocked them.

Marjorie Taylor Greene was given a standing ovation by dozens of House Republicans Wednesday after refusing to apologize for her conspiracy theories - and escaping any censure from the party's leadership as she openly mocked them.

It capped a wild day in which she saw off GOP leader Kevin McCarthy's demands she say sorry for a string of bizarre claims - then said he was 'all talk and no action' and called Mitch McConnell 'Mr. Big Turtle.'

38848552-9219109-image-a-20_1612393229499.jpg

McCarthy REFUSES to fire Taylor Greene - and Pelosi slaps back that he leads 'party of QAnon' | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Ok everybody we need to have a talk.

Majorie Green being in DC is a matter between her and her constituents and that’s it. If they like her crazy ass opinions that’s between them.

Likewise Liz Cheney in DC is a matter between her and her constituents. And similarly if in her opinion she felt she needed to vote to impeach that’s for her to answer to her constituents on.

In NEITHER damn case is it up to a damn political party to tell either Congress woman what their opinion should be. That is for the Congress women and their constituents to hash out.

That is all. Now go back to your political party dodge ball game.

Majorie Green being in DC is a matter between her and her constituents and that’s it. If they like her crazy ass opinions that’s between them.

Likewise Liz Cheney in DC is a matter between her and her constituents. And similarly if in her opinion she felt she needed to vote to impeach that’s for her to answer to her constituents on.

In NEITHER damn case is it up to a damn political party to tell either Congress woman what their opinion should be. That is for the Congress women and their constituents to hash out.

Amen

Yet Swallowell is still on the Intel committee.

And Crying Chuck gets a pass for threatening Two Supreme Court Judges & the incitement to those responsible for storming the SC's 13 foot doors & try to burn & break those doors down .... because if you don't vote the way Crying Chucky boy tells you how to vote his crybaby ways ..... then storm the SC building.

Last edited:

One of us is reading the other's mind. She's absolutely there to represent those who elected her not to be a cog in a machine.

First, I feel like I should go find some posts by Republicans about Ocasio-Cortez.

Second, there is a logic to what you say, but why aren't the rest of the country's reps by the same logic allowed to voice their constituents' disgust at her indignant idiocy?

First, I feel like I should go find some posts by Republicans about Ocasio-Cortez.

Second, there is a logic to what you say, but why aren't the rest of the country's reps by the same logic allowed to voice their constituents' disgust at her indignant idiocy?
I don’t really care what they say about each other. They need to find a way to work together that is what’s expected. But this talk of sanctions in both cases is beyond stupid. That’s all

One of us is reading the other's mind. She's absolutely there to represent those who elected her not to be a cog in a machine.

Jesebus, don't celebrate her like she's some sort of righteous person. She's a horrible person. A moron. Evil. And she wants to delude others into believing her idiotic ideas.

The the Republican Party won't dump her says as much about their weakness as her 15 minutes of fame as one of the dumbest people on Earth. Ever. Including cavemen.

I don’t really care what they say about each other. They need to find a way to work together that is what’s expected. But this talk of sanctions in both cases is beyond stupid. That’s all

I don't see how they can sanction her. But until the GOP stands up and jettisons her I have no problem with everyone else mocking them and her for it at every turn.

Jesebus, don't celebrate her like she's some sort of righteous person. She's a horrible person. A moron. Evil. And she wants to delude others into believing her idiotic ideas.

The the Republican Party won't dump her says as much about their weakness as her 15 minutes of fame as one of the dumbest people on Earth. Ever. Including cavemen.

She sucks and she has parallels on the other side of the aisle.

The point stands though, she was elected to represent a specific district. The voters made the choice regardless of what other elected officials feel.

I don't see how they can sanction her. But until the GOP stands up and jettisons her I have no problem with everyone else mocking them and her for it at every turn.
Again, replace GOP with Democrat party and this just as easily describes AOC or any number of representatives holding office doesn't it?

You mean republicans in the house? Go for it; it would be interesting to hear what they have to say, but only interesting. Now see in your second sentence you are attacking her right to say what she believes. Perhaps if people in parts of the south or west or wherever wanted to think like a New Yorker, for example, they would move to NY. Otherwise a person in GA or TN or wherever has the right to independent thought not approved by someone from NY or CA or libbyland. At least that seemed to be the thought from the left when they believed in free speech.

She sucks and she has parallels on the other side of the aisle.

The point stands though, she was elected to represent a specific district. The voters made the choice regardless of what other elected officials feel.

And I want my rep, who is a Republican and who I voted for by the way, to throw her out of Congress, and failing that to vote to make her honorary janitor. And failing that to place her on the pet birthday party planning committee.

If Greene's voters can ask her to be an utter lunatic and deranged, why can't I ask mine to declare quite simply that she is unacceptable.

Reactions: ohhbother

I don't follow congressional critters like people do rock stars (don't follow or listen to what they think either), but the point is Greene is not alone in perhaps being a wacko in a strange place ... and congress is a strange place with even stranger bedfellows. If her constituents don't agree, they can find someone else; if they like her, then she's doing what they generally want. The same goes for a whole host of dims like AOC, Omar, Waters ... I'll repeat the thought that if you want better representatives, then you have to have a better electorate. If you want a better electorate, then we have to have campaigns that operate on fact rather than popularity and advertising.

And I want my rep, who is a Republican and who I voted for by the way, to throw her out of Congress, and failing that to vote to make her honorary janitor. And failing that to place her on the pet birthday party planning committee.

If Greene's voters can ask her to be an utter lunatic and deranged, why can't I ask mine to declare quite simply that she is unacceptable.

surely you see the difference - what you are proposing to ask your representative is not within his/her purview

her voters are not asking her to be a lunatic - they chose her despite this to do things that Congressional members can do. now if she was trying to get other's thrown out of Congress then you'd have a point but so far she hasn't done anything

you are of course free to mock her but advocating she be kicked out of Congress and pressuring your rep to do so goes directly against the very notion of representation

LOL

This is so revealing

That's not the way it works, and that's the reason the congressional approval rating is in the gutter. There are something like 535 members of congress, and each of us gets to vote for three. That means that there are something like 532 that we can do nothing about. There's no accounting for taste, and CA among other places certainly shows it in congressional representation. Obama's message - they won, get over it.

Personally, except in the off chance that congress would stop Biden in his EO tracks, I'd prefer that congress never got along - saves us a lot of money that way. I'd also like to see congress revert to canes, duels, etc for resolving differences - at least we could get some entertainment for our extorted money.

I agree they need to work together. If this thing can even remotely get turned around both parties need realize they need each other and some consensus. Which at least the extremists refuse at all costs.

surely you see the difference - what you are proposing to ask your representative is not within his/her purview

her voters are not asking her to be a lunatic - they chose her despite this to do things that Congressional members can do. now if she was trying to get other's thrown out of Congress then you'd have a point but so far she hasn't done anything

you are of course free to mock her but advocating she be kicked out of Congress and pressuring your rep to do so goes directly against the very notion of representation

Why isn't it in their purview to block her from having any actual power of any kind? Of course they can.

VN Store

Back