Mac McClung

We would take him in a heart beat. That doesn't mean its a naturally good fit though. Barnes would rather have 7 guys average 10 points than 2 average 20 and the rest be scrubs. Mac would have to be ok will getting less shots per game and most likely starting the year off the bench.

I personally torn b/c he the most talented player from East TN currently playing (sorry Fulky) but why is he even considering leaving Texas Tech? He just left Georgetown!

No we wouldn’t

“Allegedly” ? Produce verifiable info or it’s not true. He was the leading scorer on a team that was better than UT last year.

1. Trying to act as is TTU was some clearly better team is ridiculous and just shows the point you’re trying to over make, we had the better NCAAT seed, we were viewed as the better team.

2. If not for a couple big late games from Springer and Johnson then Bailey our leading scorer, you think teams are lining up to take him?

The only verifiable info necessary is the fact that you’ve proven you don’t understand the definition of “allegedly”. Nice work, Mrs. McClung.
But the tone in the post is that it is true whether you used “allegedly” or not. Don’t move the goalposts. Where did you hear this “alleged” information?

Last edited:
1. Trying to act as is TTU was some clearly better team is ridiculous and just shows the point you’re trying to over make, we had the better NCAAT seed, we were viewed as the better team.

2. If not for a couple big late games from Springer and Johnson then Bailey our leading scorer, you think teams are lining up to take him?
SMDH. The records were similar and they had a more difficult schedule. They also finished much higher in the final poll. I think that translates to having a better season and being a better team. You lose.

1. He isn't technically from E. TN. He's from Gate City, VA.

2. We wouldn't take him in a heartbeat. In fact, we allegedly turned him away when he reached out, last year. I'm not sure what has changed in the time since then that makes him an instant take, now.
Yeah I’d be stunned if Barnes even talked to him tbh. I don’t see anything McClung gives you that Justin Powell can’t do equally as well or better.

SMDH. The records were similar and they had a more difficult schedule. They also finished much higher in the final poll. I think that translates to having a better season and being a better team. You lose.

Again, acting like they were clearly the better team is a reach, we had the better seed, therefore the NCAA felt we had the better season...arguing otherwise makes you look like a fool.

Fact is Barnes and staff have now opted to pass on McClung 3x, and Beard isn’t trying to bring him to Texas...

Reactions: Lurker
But the tone in the post is that it is true whether you used “allegedly” or not. Don’t move the goalposts. Where did you hear this “alleged” information?
How is it moving the goalposts? Do you not understand the meaning of that phrase, either?

I’m just saying, I’ve heard that rumor floated around. The idea of it being a rumor is why I categorized it as, “alleged”.

ALLEGEDLY, Tennessee checked in on him a year ago, he had mutual interest, and that Tennessee eventually decided not to pursue for whatever reason, presumably because he didn’t fill their largest need and instead they opted for some post help in EJ Anosike, who obviously didn’t pan out. The belief also was that Tennessee had a version of McClung on the roster in Victor Bailey Jr. You don’t have to subscribe to that belief if you don’t want to and if you have a different version of events, by all means, educate us.

Dude, enough.

Your sh*t is old.

How much proof do you need that Barnes DID NOT pursue him?

We don’t have a need for him on this team with all the guys we got coming in.

You love to pass opinion as fact. That’s just an opinion. TT beat LSU and Texas twice. Everyone else were basically scrubs. OU was average. We had much better RPI/Net wins in Colorado, Kansas, and Arkansas. Who cares?

And then you turn around and ask Chris for proof about turning McClung down last year. SMH.

I watched multiple Texas Tech games this year. In every one that went down to the wire Beard employed situational substitutions with Mclung. Whenever he had the opportunity to get him out for defensive possessions he took it.

Rightly or wrongly I can't imagine Barnes doing that. I certainly don't know for sure but I would be surprised if he saw Mclung as a viable option for his system.

Fake news. Plays D and is a playmaker. Also an upper tier athlete. Barnes may not take him in a heartbeat but the team would be improved.

Again, acting like they were clearly the better team is a reach, we had the better seed, therefore the NCAA felt we had the better season...arguing otherwise makes you look like a fool.

Fact is Barnes and staff have now opted to pass on McClung 3x, and Beard isn’t trying to bring him to Texas...
Apparently the coaches and sports writers(whoever votes) collectively felt they were the better team. I’ll take their opinions over yours.

Dude, enough.

Your sh*t is old.

How much proof do you need that Barnes DID NOT pursue him?

We don’t have a need for him on this team with all the guys we got coming in.
Avoiding the question. Provide the sources If there is proof that Mac reached out to UT after leaving Georgetown and was turned down.

You love to pass opinion as fact. That’s just an opinion. TT beat LSU and Texas twice. Everyone else were basically scrubs. OU was average. We had much better RPI/Net wins in Colorado, Kansas, and Arkansas. Who cares?

And then you turn around and ask Chris for proof about turning McClung down last year. SMH.
See post #820. That should answer your statement about opinions regarding who thought the better team was at the end of the year.

Maybe Barnes didn’t seek McClung because we had Vescovi w/ Johnson and Springer coming in. Vescovi doesn’t really seem comfortable running the point. Everyone on staff probably hoped Vescovi would get better. But he seems more like a 2. McClung can run the point. I think Powell is closer to Vescovi.

VN Store

Back