Mac McClung

These coaches didn't get the memo that he shoots too much.

Texas Tech transfer Mac McClung has heard from Kentucky, Gonzaga, Texas, Georgia, Memphis, NC State, Minnesota & Florida, per a source.

Texas Tech transfer Mac McClung has heard from Kentucky, Gonzaga, Texas, Georgia, Memphis, NC State, Minnesota & Florida, per a source.
Would love for him to go to an SEC school personally.

You forgot the memo where McClung isn’t going to be pursued by the coaching staff.

1. Let’s see where he ends up.
2. Let’s see what his roll is there.
3. Wanna bet he doesn’t lead UK/Gonzaga/Texas in scoring?

I'm not claiming any of that. All I'm saying is the kid can play. Claiming otherwise is ridiculous.
Nobody has said he can’t play or won’t find a home, in fact many have said depending on how our roster was constructed he could play here even, but we don’t have a need.

Nobody has said he can’t play or won’t find a home, in fact many have said depending on how our roster was constructed he could play here even, but we don’t have a need.

Why do you think we don’t have a need for PG? I think Vescovi and Powell will spell each other . Chandler / Mcclung would be nasty

If McClung came here his minutes and PPG would most certainly drop and then his route to the league would be even harder. He needs to go to a team that lets him throw up massive volume.

Edit: not saying we shouldn’t take him, but he definitely should not want to split minutes like that unless he’s trying to win a title

He’s not a PG.

We don’t have a NEED for him.

Why is it so hard for you McClung lovers to understand that?
He has been told by the NBA he needs to play more #1 for his development. He has not been played at that position very much yet. I believe he has the skills to do it. McClung and whoever his next coach will be should make that a priority.

If McClung came here his minutes and PPG would most certainly drop and then his route to the league would be even harder. He needs to go to a team that lets him throw up massive volume.

Edit: not saying we shouldn’t take him, but he definitely should not want to split minutes like that unless he’s trying to win a title
Maybe he does want that. Being on a title contending team and being a solid contributor even with reduced stats would raise his profile.

Just researched that his sister played soccer here at TN. If he wanted to come here, would we take him in though?

We would take him in a heart beat. That doesn't mean its a naturally good fit though. Barnes would rather have 7 guys average 10 points than 2 average 20 and the rest be scrubs. Mac would have to be ok will getting less shots per game and most likely starting the year off the bench.

I personally torn b/c he the most talented player from East TN currently playing (sorry Fulky) but why is he even considering leaving Texas Tech? He just left Georgetown!

We would take him in a heart beat. That doesn't mean its a naturally good fit though. Barnes would rather have 7 guys average 10 points than 2 average 20 and the rest be scrubs. Mac would have to be ok will getting less shots per game and most likely starting the year off the bench.

I personally torn b/c he the most talented player from East TN currently playing (sorry Fulky) but why is he even considering leaving Texas Tech? He just left Georgetown!
Coach left at Texas Tech. If he came here he would start. However he may not get the minutes and shot attempts he has before but I bet he would be OK with that if UT was a contender.

Reactions: white65

1. He isn't technically from E. TN. He's from Gate City, VA.

2. We wouldn't take him in a heartbeat. In fact, we allegedly turned him away when he reached out, last year. I'm not sure what has changed in the time since then that makes him an instant take, now.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh

Give it a rest already

Reactions: Lurker
1. He isn't technically from E. TN. He's from Gate City, VA.

2. We wouldn't take him in a heartbeat. In fact, we allegedly turned him away when he reached out, last year. I'm not sure what has changed in the time since then that makes him an instant take, now.
“Allegedly” ? Produce verifiable info or it’s not true. He was the leading scorer on a team that was better than UT last year.

VN Store

Back