Mac McClung

I mean, did you just want Barnes to boot a kid to make room for a guy who is going to take shots away from our best players? It isn't like we're turning away some can't miss future All-American while sitting on an open scholarship. We offered him a chance to join if he wanted to do what it would take (redshirt next year and possibly walk-on until 2021) and not alienate his future teammates. He wasn't interested in that, understandably so with his options, but you only get 13 scholarships and McClung isn't the kind of talent at a position we sorely need help at that you disrupt team chemistry to make room for.

You misunderstood my statement. I think Barnes already has guys who will be as good if not better than McClung. I do not mean the young man any disrepect but the 2 freshmen and Bailey were all 5* star guys coming out of high school. I dont think Barnes should have taken him. If he were a 6-8 post scoring 15+ a game and 10 rebounds, somebody might have to leave but not for another guard.

You misunderstood my statement. I think Barnes already has guys who will be as good if not better than McClung. I do not mean the young man any disrepect but the 2 freshmen and Bailey were all 5* star guys coming out of high school. I dont think Barnes should have taken him. If he were a 6-8 post scoring 15+ a game and 10 rebounds, somebody might have to leave but not for another guard.
I see what you’re saying. My mistake.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Victor Bailey was a four star recruit, ranked #86, not a five.

Me too
Don’t want to see him at Auburn hitting 6 three’s vs UT and everybody emoting ad nausea.
I really think it’s either Wake or Auburn

If he shot 19 3’s vs Tennessee and even hit 6....I think Tennessee might be OK.

If he shot 19 3’s vs Tennessee and even hit 6....I think Tennessee might be OK.

BP usually has 5 or 6 shooting 3's and if one is off he sits and if he's hot he's fed. Auburn has had a lot of trendy shooters and have been pretty successful with that formula. It's not a recipe for winning a deep tournament although they did win SECT recently.

It’s almost a guarantee he’ll end up at Auburn. No insider info, just feels like the obvious landing location. He’ll probably go and give us fits.

Yep. That’s one reason why he would be a take for me but I realize we just don’t have the room.

VN Store

Back