M. Cornelius reporting - Aussie guard commits to Lady Vols

Probably give a solid few mins per game. I don’t see her cracking the starting 5.

Reactions: cutiepie5
Holly does not like the 3 ball.....That is no secret...With the tall girls coming next season, it will be throw the ball inside first and always....
Neither did Coach Summitt. And, yes, go inside to force up a shot even as you draw three defenders from the zone defense. Never a thought of passing back to the perimeter to a wide open shooter.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Stats:
Jessie Rennie - Player Statistics

Dec '17: Bendigo Spirit development player Jess Rennie is remaining upbeat despite a season-ending knee injury. The teenager suffered a torn ACL and MCL during the recent Australian School Championships in Melbourne and faces at least 12 months on the sidelines. She will undergo surgery in Melbourne on Thursday.

“I was going for a rebound and someone came from behind me and bumped me and my knee buckled,” she said. The injury is expected to sideline Rennie for the entire 2018 SEABL season with Bendigo Lady Braves and likely the bulk of next season with the Spirit.

Young basketball star to undergo surgery

The recruits are getting smaller every year:rolleyes: The LadyVols need bigger players since they're undersized to begin with:(

Let's extend a warm welcome to Jess from the Lady Vol family. She and Lou will have lots to talk about, and Lou can help ease any homesickness.

If I'm reading the 2nd article correctly, Jess hasn't been able to play for over a year while she has bee rehabbing her injury.

Hope she can contribute and be a knock down shooter! Maybe Holly has noticed that not everyone has to be 6' tall?

I also think about that with South Carolina and MSST, they are two of the most successful teams in the SEC the last several years and they have had lots of very small guards.

Reactions: cutiepie5
The recruits are getting smaller every year:rolleyes: The LadyVols need bigger players since they're undersized to begin with:(
undersized?? next years class will have 12 players 6' and over with 6 being 6-3 and above. is that undersized? surely you must mean big body..lvs will be one of, if not the tallest team in the nation.

Reactions: OrangenSC
She looks like she has a super quick release, but I think she's gonna need to do some serious work on her conditioning. Might be another year before she's able to make a real contribution.

undersized?? next years class will have 12 players 6' and over with 6 being 6-3 and above. is that undersized? surely you must mean big body..lvs will be one of, if not the tallest team in the nation.

I think by average we might actually be one of the tallest teams in the country lol. I was confused by that post as well.

I think we could use a speedy little guard, if Annie Hayes had not been released from the team I think she could have been a game changer this season. She was that player that could beat anybody off the bounce that we were missing all season.

I think by average we might actually be one of the tallest teams in the country lol. I was confused by that post as well.

I think we could use a speedy little guard, if Annie Hayes had not been released from the team I think she could have been a game changer this season. She was that player that could beat anybody off the bounce that we were missing all season.

Jessie won't be that player either, if that video is anything to go by. She looks like she will be best served as a spot up shooter in a zone defense where her lack of foot speed will hopefully be masked.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back