LV Worst Season Start In Years

Indiana started 3 new players that were not on the team last year, 2 transfers and a freshman. They didn't seem to have much trouble blending their players into a cohesive unit.
Yup, that's why I'm not buying that as an excuse. A lot of teams are incorporating new pieces, both from the HS ranks and portal. Some are looking better than others, and Tennessee has not looked cohesive.

I think they will start out 9-5, and by the time SEC play starts will have ironed out the wrinkles. Final 4 estimates may be unachievable due to lackadaisical interior play. Key looks like she would rather be at the mall so far this year.

Carolyn Peck last night said someone asked Rickea the difference between Knoxville and Starkville and she said "At least Knoxville has a mall." Sounds like TK isn't the only one that'd rather be at the mall...

Texas (Atlantis), VTech, and Stanford are their big OOC games through end of year. Then UConn, SC and LSU after the New Year. Those are really the only competitive games. I don't see them losing to any of the other teams left on their schedule outside of this group, and they may be able to steal 1 or 2 of them. Disappointing based on lofty pre-season expectations, but I don't think the season will be any worse than any of Kellie's other seasons.

Do you forget a loss to an Auburn team last year that hadn't won an SEC game all season when the LVs were ranked in the top 4?

Battle for Atlantis
Stanford
Beginning of SEC, which is very strong conference.

I can see 4 or 5 OOC losses for this team and several conference losses as well

possible 19-11 record or 23-7. Who really knows how this team will react. To this point, UT is soft and it is showing. We were outrebounded by a four guard lineup, we give up 15 -20 possessions
per game in turnovers, one of our better players is out. How will the players respond? No one ones yet.
If I'm reading the battle for Atlantis bracket correctly, Tennessee will face either Tennessee or Louisville but not both. In the SEC, obviously South Carolina's a challenge but at the moment LSU is the only other ranked team (with a few knocking on the door ).

True...anything can happen. But I do like Tennessee's chances to make it through the SEC without any surprise losses.
That's impressive optimism. After that 30 turnover complete meltdown in Columbus I wouldn't guarantee a win over anyone. Just the fact we're still capable of that, and the opposition doesn't even matter that much. Like Bama for instance. Yeah, IT can happen.

That's impressive optimism. After that 30 turnover complete meltdown in Columbus I wouldn't guarantee a win over anyone. Just the fact we're still capable of that, and the opposition doesn't even matter that much. Like Bama for instance. Yeah, IT can happen.
More to do with being not impressed by the SEC vs. having faith in Tennessee at the moment. I don't think the lesser teams in the SEC can take advantage of Tennessee's B-game...

Reactions: travis929
I am glad that we played a couple decent opponents at the beginning of the season. Maybe it woke up the team (AND FANS) that thought it would be a cakewalk to the final 4). The players got a taste of reality and the coaching staff realize they have a lot of work to do. Hopefully the coaches have seen enough of the players in game action to identify a starting group and rotation.

IF they work hard and really want to succeed, they can take these losses as motivation. I believe they can very well come in 2nd in the SEC, end the season ranked in the top 8, and make it to the elite 8 or better (if they stay healthy).

I am far from giving up on this team. I am looking forward to seeing how they respond going forward. If they do turn it around, I don’t want to miss it.

Rick Barnes is already catching heat(2 games in) and as a general consensus so have the Volleyball coach ERW and women's soccer coach Kirt. Are you another one of those that thinks the Lady Vols basketball program is only allowed positive feedback no matter what? Give me a break.
No, but it is amazing how quickly this fan base turns on any of the team and coaches. Why don't you guys wait until at least 10% of the season is complete before you are ready to fire all the coaches and replace the entire team. The OP literally states that this team is headed toward the worst record in team history after THREE games. You can take your "give me a break" and gently dispose of it in the appropriate refuse container.

No, but it is amazing how quickly this fan base turns on any of the team and coaches. Why don't you guys wait until at least 10% of the season is complete before you are ready to fire all the coaches and replace the entire team. The OP literally states that this team is headed toward the worst record in team history after THREE games. You can take your "give me a break" and gently dispose of it in the appropriate refuse container.

I wish everyone would just do this.....

giphy.gif

They would feel so much better!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
If I'm reading the battle for Atlantis bracket correctly, Tennessee will face either Tennessee or Louisville but not both. In the SEC, obviously South Carolina's a challenge but at the moment LSU is the only other ranked team (with a few knocking on the door ).

LOL, I hate to tell ya but you are NOT reading it right if Tennessee will face either Tennessee or Louisville đŸ˜‚ then i thought about it TN has been its own worse enemy soooo it could happen đŸ˜‚ but in the possible final match up i think it would be most likely between the winner of the Texas and UL game. We have Rutgers up first then i think we have the winner of the UCLA / SD St game (and i believe they are were or are ranked).

Reactions: olddog and Lucy
Yeah, the team has looked bad. No sugar coating that. But it is only mid November and the end of the season is over four months away. It's a marathon, not a sprint. Remember, one of Pat's national champs lost 10 games.

LOL, I hate to tell ya but you are NOT reading it right if Tennessee will face either Tennessee or Louisville đŸ˜‚ then i thought about it TN has been its own worse enemy soooo it could happen đŸ˜‚ but in the possible final match up i think it would be most likely between the winner of the Texas and UL game. We have Rutgers up first then i think we have the winner of the UCLA / SD St game (and i believe they are were or are ranked).
Yikes, right. Tennessee with face Texas or Louisville, but not both.

VN Store

Back