LV Worst Season Start In Years

Spook1

Ancient Vol
Supposedly the LV were picked to be 4th in the nation for the current basketball season. Instead they have lost the first two games beyond Carson Newman. Unless things turn around quickly, the LV are in for one of the worst seasons in their history. Can anyone see the reason why?

Reactions: feathersax
Supposedly the LV were picked to be 4th in the nation for the current basketball season. Instead they have lost the first two games beyond Carson Newman. Unless things turn around quickly, the LV are in for one of the worst seasons in their history. Can anyone see the reason why?
I don't think they are in for one of their worst seasons in history. They'll lose a handful more games likely, but will still finish in the top 4 of the SEC standings, win around 25+ games and make the NCAAT. I don't think they are a top 5 team in the country, but they aren't a conference cellar dwellar either.

UT did beat UMass as you the OP clearly don't even really follow the team. No UMass isn't a top 25 team but the game after the Lady Vols UMass did beat their opponent 24 0 in the 2nd Q. Not too sure I have seen that before. Indiana and Ohio State could be top 10 teams this season so while obviously the Lady Vols haven't looked good so far this isn't the worst team in history. The women's game as a whole has gotten better as well, so an actual offense is needed. Something I am not sure Kellie and staff are capable of installing.

Supposedly the LV were picked to be 4th in the nation for the current basketball season. Instead they have lost the first two games beyond Carson Newman. Unless things turn around quickly, the LV are in for one of the worst seasons in their history.

Not even close. The ship needs to be righted, and it will be. I don't foresee ended up 4th, but way better than worst ever.

YAY, we have a team to allow the LOM to vent. Granted, its only three games in, but it is not perfect so rock on! With every sport garnering national attention for the right reasons, I am happy for you guys.
Rick Barnes is already catching heat(2 games in) and as a general consensus so have the Volleyball coach ERW and women's soccer coach Kirt. Are you another one of those that thinks the Lady Vols basketball program is only allowed positive feedback no matter what? Give me a break.

Reactions: Memvol44

Does arguably your best player being out with injury count ? Yes, we have plenty of talent to overcome the loss of one player, but we also have new to program players this year that have yet to gel, and yes there are a lot of things to clean up. They will be fine when Horston gets back and well and they get a few games under their belt - and CJH is still the answer at coach. Sorry to have a positive spin on LV boards - I know I am in the minority.

.....Can anyone see the reason why?

Yes, it is taking longer to integrate the new players.

Kellie is still working with combinations and trying to find minutes for players in difficult games to see who steps up and who plays well.

I don't pretend to know what Kellies thinking but if she is half the competitor I believe she is, she is unhappy with several things and she will address them today I'm sure.

Am I disappointed with the start, yes but not with the season. I'll decide at the end of the season whether it was a bad one or not.

I don't think they are in for one of their worst seasons in history. They'll lose a handful more games likely, but will still finish in the top 4 of the SEC standings, win around 25+ games and make the NCAAT. I don't think they are a top 5 team in the country, but they aren't a conference cellar dwellar either.

Yeah I think people are losing sight and letting their pride for the program influence their attitude toward the results of these games. Which is something fans do in general, but again, Tennessee's supposed to be "the best" so there's always a lotta pride in the program, I suppose.

It's clear this staff has taken a gamble on bringing in talent and hoping they can work the team out before the SEC slate. That was clear when everyone transferred in, really. Losing Horston just magnified the reality of the situation. They need to establish leaders and they need to learn how to play as a team. Right now they don't have that. There's definitely coaching questions as well. They have to answer those too. The coaches have to create accountability until the players learn to hold themselves accountable - and trust each other enough to commit to that accountability.

A little roster stability wouldn't hurt though, goodness. And passing the ball to open teammates on fast break transitions. I mean, good grief. Assists are the same points with extra flair. Try them out sometime.

Can you elaborate? I see 2 ranked teams in next nine games.

Battle for Atlantis
Stanford
Beginning of SEC, which is very strong conference.

I can see 4 or 5 OOC losses for this team and several conference losses as well

possible 19-11 record or 23-7. Who really knows how this team will react. To this point, UT is soft and it is showing. We were outrebounded by a four guard lineup, we give up 15 -20 possessions
per game in turnovers, one of our better players is out. How will the players respond? No one ones yet.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Battle for Atlantis
Stanford

possible 19-11 record or 23-7. Who really knows how this team will react. To this point, UT is soft and it is showing. We were outrebounded by a four guard lineup, we give up 15 -20 possessions
per game in turnovers, one of our better players is out. How will the players respond? No one ones yet.
Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to the WNIT we go

I think they will start out 9-5, and by the time SEC play starts will have ironed out the wrinkles. Final 4 estimates may be unachievable due to lackadaisical interior play. Key looks like she would rather be at the mall so far this year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Battle for Atlantis
Stanford

Texas (Atlantis), VTech, and Stanford are their big OOC games through end of year. Then UConn, SC and LSU after the New Year. Those are really the only competitive games. I don't see them losing to any of the other teams left on their schedule outside of this group, and they may be able to steal 1 or 2 of them. Disappointing based on lofty pre-season expectations, but I don't think the season will be any worse than any of Kellie's other seasons.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Looking from the outside in as one who doesn't really care for LV basketball...She is not that great of a coach. It's easy to see and I don't understand why anyone is shocked. Personally.

Relax. This isn't a surprise. They have a whole bunch of new players, who were the stars on their former team. They just need time to figure out how to play together as a team. Once they figure that out, they will be unstoppable. The only way to learn how to play together is to do it in a game, and make mistakes they can learn from. Chill out bro.

Relax. This isn't a surprise. They have a whole bunch of new players, who were the stars on their former team. They just need time to figure out how to play together as a team. Once they figure that out, they will be unstoppable. The only way to learn how to play together is to do it in a game, and make mistakes they can learn from. Chill out bro.
Indiana started 3 new players that were not on the team last year, 2 transfers and a freshman. They didn't seem to have much trouble blending their players into a cohesive unit.

Rick Barnes is already catching heat(2 games in) and as a general consensus so have the Volleyball coach ERW and women's soccer coach Kirt. Are you another one of those that thinks the Lady Vols basketball program is only allowed positive feedback no matter what? Give me a break.
Yes, I think Eve is in trouble...

VN Store

Back