LV Volleyball

…or survived their opener…ULC is a very fundamentally sound team with good team synchronization and some program success. For us, on the other hand, a work in progress—some new faces, inconsistent play, seemingly fewer substitutions. It was a bummer to see Mahaffey in a boot. I’m perplexed over Brooks‘ declining PT. I had hoped Pawlik had developed into a contributor. How about Rackham Watt sans the heavy eyelashes?
Fingall’s 24 Kills Powers Lady Vols to Opening Night Win Over Loyola Chicago - University of Tennessee Athletics

Next game is this morning at 11:00 vs BG. Versus Purdue at 6. Go LV🏐!

Last edited:
Tough first set. Teams appear evenly matched. We had a service error at a horrible time, and a bogus call to lose the set. Sometimes looks like we don’t know which player should go for the ball, time playing together should help that. Come on Team!

Tennessee service error in 3rd set on Tennessee set point. You’ve got to be kidding me. Still, we won the 3rd set. Behind 2-1 in sets now.

There was huge improvement in our volleyball team the first year that Rackham Watt took over. We went from 5-13 in the SEC in '17 to 16-2 in 2018. But the coach hasn't been able to build on that, as we were 11-7 in the SEC (20-10 overall) last year and 12-8 (SEC) the year before. So we seem to have plateaued as a somewhat above average conference team but not much more than that--and when I've checked out games in the last couple of years, we've looked like we must have looked today, losing to Bowling Green--meaning very inconsistent and just not very good. I think the obvious issue is that we just haven't recruited well enough to be consistently good. It's just the start of the season, so no need to push the panic button yet. We'll wait 'till later tonight, after the Purdue match, to do that!

…or survived their opener…ULC is a very fundamentally sound team with good team synchronization and some program success. For us, on the other hand, a work in progress—some new faces, inconsistent play, seemingly fewer substitutions. It was a bummer to see Mahaffey in a boot. I’m perplexed over Brooks‘ declining PT. I had hoped Pawlik had developed into a contributor. How about Rackham Watt sans the heavy eyelashes?
Fingall’s 24 Kills Powers Lady Vols to Opening Night Win Over Loyola Chicago - University of Tennessee Athletics

Next game is this morning at 11:00 vs BG. Versus Purdue at 6. Go LV🏐!
Is Brooks in the doghouse now or before the match. Piss poor if she declined any PT!

Tennessee lost the match on, you guessed it, a service error. Lovett made some great plays, but had, l think I saw, multiple service errors, some at crucial times.

Yep, Lovett had 5 service errors in the game against Bowling Green.

Just started watching the Purdue game. Maybe we’re playing better. Nice crowd.
go blue

Last edited:
Yep, Lovett had 5 service errors in the game against Bowling Green.

Just started watching the Purdue game. Maybe we’re playing better. Nice crowd.
go blue
We have lost several games in the past due to service errors by some of the same ladies still there.

The Lady Vols looked much improved tonight in their sweep of North Carolina State. NC St. was 4-1 going into the match. The Big Orange may finally be gelling as a team. Hayward and Finghall looked very impressive. Good to see the big girl from Europe playing in the lineup after being on Covid protocol. I think things are finally looking up for this team as the freshmen get more experience.

The Lady Vols looked much improved tonight in their sweep of North Carolina State. NC St. was 4-1 going into the match. The Big Orange may finally be gelling as a team. Hayward and Finghall looked very impressive. Good to see the big girl from Europe playing in the lineup after being on Covid protocol. I think things are finally looking up for this team as the freshmen get more experience.

Yep I watched all the matches service errors killed us on more than one occasion! Team really looked flat against Colgate the toothpaste team. Should have won l the matches but i think we really jelled againsty NCS! They are a pretty good team and we had three tough matches in a row. Best effort they have put together this year by far. When the new players get a little and Mahaffey gets well we should be ok. Sure seems odd to not see my all time favorite Lilly Felts out there!

And Lily’s FGCU team lost 2 this weekend to CSU and to Arkansas. They had won their first 4—including a win at Maryland.

But it was good to see our Lady Vols play more organized in the win over NC State (after getting pasted by Colgate). When they lost leads in sets vs State, they maintained composure and came up with answers. Boothe is beginning to play up to her potential and Pawlik’s presence at the net is encouraging to see. We got more from our service game against State too. Still need better blocking up front, and our back row needs to become more proficient with receiving and passing.

And Lily’s FGCU team lost 2 this weekend to CSU and to Arkansas. They had won their first 4—including a win at Maryland.

But it was good to see our Lady Vols play more organized in the win over NC State (after getting pasted by Colgate). When they lost leads in sets vs State, they maintained composure and came up with answers. Boothe is beginning to play up to her potential and Pawlik’s presence at the net is encouraging to see. We got more from our service game against State too. Still need better blocking up front, and our back row needs to become more proficient with receiving and passing.
YEP YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! PASTED!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Guess some of you were at some of these games I didn’t see a way to watch. After that, sort of lost track, but here to mention to everyone we have a game today, Friday, and Saturday. After this week, all games SEC. Hope we’re well prepared. GLV!

Teams at the Rocky Top Classic last weekend were fairly weak as the Lady Vols swept all 3 of their matches. Our play was fairly uneven based on what I viewed, so I don’t think we learned a lot since the NC St. win.

WKU is in town tonight with a #21 ranking. It’s only loss was to current #3 Louisville and owns a win on the road over Bowling Green, a team we couldn’t beat at home a few of weeks ago. So tonight will be telling. If we are successful, perhaps we are moving the needle.….???

Highly ranked Pittsburgh and Ohio St. loom this upcoming weekend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Teams at the Rocky Top Classic last weekend were fairly week as the Lady Vols swept all 3 of their matches. Our play was fairly uneven based on what I viewed, so I don’t think we learned a lot since the NC St. win.

WKU is in town tonight with a #21 ranking. It’s only loss was to current #3 Louisville and owns a win on the road over Bowling Green, a team we couldn’t beat at home a few of weeks ago. So tonight will be telling. If we are successful, perhaps we are moving the needle.….???

Highly ranked Pittsburgh and Ohio St. loom this upcoming weekend.

Thanks for the low down. Just curious, why are we playing Ohio State in Pittsburgh? Sort of an unnamed mini meet?

Also, Congrats to Morgahn!!

Morgahn Fingall Named AVCA Division I National Player of the Week - University of Tennessee Athletics

Last edited:

VN Store

Back