LV Turnovers

Her getting let go by NCST had very little if nothing to do with what happened on the court and much more about politics. Know your facts before you try to look so smart.
Enlighten us on the “politics” because I thought it was because of her 70-64 overall, 23-39 conference records.

I actually worry even more about that because I have seen nothing that shows that she can recruit at a high level. Maybe she is recruiting players that fit her system, but I have not been impressed. I guess time will tell
Well, since she hasn't had a recruiting cycle yet its nice that you say time will tell.....Goldwire needs to pick it up!

I actually worry even more about that because I have seen nothing that shows that she can recruit at a high level. Maybe she is recruiting players that fit her system, but I have not been impressed. I guess time will tell
Well, since she hasn't had a recruiting cycle yet its nice that you say time will tell.....Goldwire needs to pick it up!
NCSt fired Kelly and now they're back in the top 10.
Oh please....

If you think she can coach, then maybe you are enjoying this season, and it is only going to get worse for the rest of us. It is a sad situation with the talent we have. The bottom line the talent is going to dwindle because none of the top girls are going to commit to us. Keep patting them on the back and let them figure it out
Never answered the question...

The Lady Vols continue with lack of ball security and turnovers. With 7 minutes to play in the 4th quarter, the LV have 22 turnovers, 16 in the first half. Even former Georgia Coach Andy Landers continues to talk about the LV turnovers. Apparently this is of no concern to Coach Harper as nothing seems to improve. It is her job to do some corrections and it is not happening. I have lost track of how many games the LV have had over 20 turnovers...remember there were 2 games with 27. I am so disgusted with the turnover situation that I am done watching the LV play anymore games. This will be the 5th straight loss. If Coach Harper would only install the Coach Rick Barnes method on turnovers, we could see some improvement immediately. If a player of Barnes has a turnover, he is immediately pulled from practice and made to run from the floor to the top of the arena and back...do that 4 or 5 times in practice and turnovers stop. Barnes is even having more turnovers this year compared to last year. Coach Landers has commented on these turnovers virtually every game. It is so bad that the Chattanooga Times even has a article that concentrates on them.
See ya.

If you think she can coach, then maybe you are enjoying this season, and it is only going to get worse for the rest of us. It is a sad situation with the talent we have. The bottom line the talent is going to dwindle because none of the top girls are going to commit to us. Keep patting them on the back and let them figure it out
Never answered the question...
I think you hit the nail on the head. If she can't win with the talent we have on the floor, I doub't that she will win with 3 star players that we are more than likely going to get
Who has she lost to that they were favored????

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
It’s time for Horston to be out of the rotation for a couple games. Not only is she a negative player by her stats her whole attitude is a negative. Yes she is frustrated but quitting on the court during a game can be contagious. Eventually it spreads to everyone else.

tough to watch, no doubt...maybe Vandy will help us get a win...I'm one of those also saying that Coach Kellie needs a couple recruiting classes...not ready to throw in the towel yet...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: StrangeVol
It’s time for Horston to be out of the rotation for a couple games. Not only is she a negative player by her stats her whole attitude is a negative. Yes she is frustrated but quitting on the court during a game can be contagious. Eventually it spreads to everyone else.
All SEC. Freshman team....

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
tough to watch, no doubt...maybe Vandy will help us get a win...I'm one of those also saying that Coach Kellie needs a couple recruiting classes...not ready to throw in the towel yet...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Coach Harper has had 15 or 16 recruiting classes over the course of her career. How may top recruits has she landed in all that time? How many of her recruits has she developed to become first team WCBB All-Americans? How many of her recruits has she developed to be fist round WNBA draft picks? What is different now? What is the draw for a top recruit? Is it the school or is it Coach Harper herself?

Coach Harper has had 15 or 16 recruiting classes over the course of her career. How may top recruits has she landed in all that time? How many of her recruits has she developed to become first team WCBB All-Americans? How many of her recruits has she developed to be fist round WNBA draft picks? What is different now? What is the draw for a top recruit? Is it the school or is it Coach Harper herself?

Well, perhaps we should do a little comparison test first before getting the vapors.

Only four of the seasons you referenced were at a P-5 school. The others were at Western Carolina and Missouri State.

How many top recruits and/or WCBB All-Americans normally wind up at mid-majors? It happens once in a blue moon but only then when a player is a late bloomer or has some other reason for attending (think Delle Donne leaving UCONN to go to Delaware). I believe there is a Top 25 recruit this year going to a D2 school; obviously, basketball is not her #1 priority in life.

So you're really only looking at four years (five if you count the few months the staff had to work toward 2020 recruits).

How many top recruits and All-Americans were at NC State in the years just before she landed there?

Why do people conveniently forget that this team was setup to have Westbrook, Collins and Green on the floor with the players we are trying to win with now as relief off the bench. That's experience and a lot of firepower to make up for that was lost. You don't just snap your finger and it magically happens.

We lost by a total of 8 points to 2 top twenty teams this week...can you give the woman a recruiting class or two!! SMH..
I remember when we'd beat a "Top 20" women's team by TWENTY on the regular. It's almost like most on here have forgotten EXACTLY what our expectations for this program SHOULD be! This product is disgusting. This program is arguably THE premier program in the HISTORY of women's bball. What the Hell is wrong with ya'll? Do you think Bama would settle for this **** in football? Duke/UNC/KU in basketball? We should ALL be ashamed that we didn't DEMAND a better hire after Pat retired. It's ultra disrespectful to ALL the ladies that made this program what it "was" by allowing it to flounder into obscurity! All those DOPES that demanded Warlick or wouldn't allow the THOUGHT of hiring a male should have their damn season tickets revoked for LIFE!! Short sighted idiots.

Yep, every time a coach is fired, a new coach is hired, they are supposed to win immediately. Pruitt was supposed to win right away, and when it didn't happen, the haters came out. Rick Barnes was supposed to win right away, and when he didn't, the haters came out. Holly could recruit the top players in the recruiting cycle, but she couldn't coach them and help their development. Kellie took a Missouri State team deeper into the NCAA tournament with way less talent than what Tennessee had with Holly than Holly did with that talent Tennessee had. Most of the players who would have been counted on to lead this team under Kellie either transferred or graduated, or left early for the WNBA. Now the Haters are out against Kellie. Let her have a chance before crucifying her.

Yea. Those all Americans flock to Mo.State...

VN Store

Back