LV Softball Series Thread - WCU, Texas A&M

which part? The need for an outfielder as an area of need and seeing a Knoxville kid start as a FR for TX AM or losing out on Barnhart and making it personal to the Mojo Organization?
I don't know. All of it. I like to watch. It's fun.

Last edited:
I don't know. All of it. I just like to watch. It's fun.
It is, I just don’t like those top tier kids leaving for whatever reason. This kid is very similar to Fekete and would have been an asset.

It is, I just don’t like those top tier kids leaving for whatever reason. This kid is very similar to Fekete and would have been an asset.
okay -- but then, should Kiki have stayed in Washington or Lair in California, etc. -- it's all a give and take, seems to me, not too concerned either way, myself

okay -- but then, should Kiki have stayed in Washington or Lair in California, etc. -- it's all a give and take, seems to me, not too concerned either way, myself
Not what I’m saying, recruit and get the kids. Identify and lock up your own house too. Helps free up funds to get Kiki type kids when you can save on scholarships of in state kids.

Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
Good win today. Vols needed a tough, comeback win like this, and let's hope they can stay tough-minded and focused going forward. Puni's home run was unusual: The pitch was on the inner half of the plate, it looks like she hit it with the middle-lower half of her bat--and yet somehow she muscles the ball over the right-field fence. That's natural power.

Not this one. Aubrey Barnhart yes, she wasn’t coming to Tennessee and that is what burned bridges with Baker being here. Weekly’s losing a recruiting battle cost them an entire roster of Mojo kids who are now across the country playing as true Freshman. She’s one of many in the SEC this year.

I don't think it's fair to anyone to put all the business out there from recruiting, but there were several reasons UT didn't pursue Baker and none of them have anything to do with Mojo politics.

I don't think it's fair to anyone to put all the business out there from recruiting, but there were several reasons UT didn't pursue Baker and none of them have anything to do with Mojo politics.
Agree to an extent, and believe we are on the same page there on putting it out there. Kid can play and seen her for many years. Gamer player with attitude of confidence and a tough out. She was crossed off early but she would help Tennessee. I said the same thing about Lair last fall and it has worked out as a questionable player.

Last edited:
Reactions: anecwnrjcns12
I worry about the pitching. Got to figure out how to pull the levers. (easier said than done) Strange thing I don't worry about hitting.

Not this one. Aubrey Barnhart yes, she wasn’t coming to Tennessee and that is what burned bridges with Baker being here. Weekly’s losing a recruiting battle cost them an entire roster of Mojo kids who are now across the country playing as true Freshman. She’s one of many in the SEC this year.
Has there been any traction to make amends with Mojo since they are a regional power house? I am moderately close to the Bakers, know they grew up UT fans and would have loved to kept Cayden in Knoxville.

Reactions: Majors
Has there been any traction to make amends with Mojo since they are a regional power house? I am moderately close to the Bakers, know they grew up UT fans and would have loved to kept Cayden in Knoxville.
There have been and that was one of the first relationships Megan was able to mend and address once she came onboard. Missed out on the entire 2021 team but making relationships with 2024’s early that is now Unity-Ross formerly Mojo.

so will it be McCachren or Rogers today? I'm thinking they save Rogers for Monday, one more day of rest
I think Bailey will start, and it might be a combo of White & Simpson to follow. I haven’t watched too many of A&M games to have an idea of who their starter will be. If we can just have consistent, good ABs then I think we can avoid having EE or Rogers come into the game.

Reactions: Hoosier
R. White to p for A. Rogers. --- playing the lineup game with the DP spot, or something

BaseVols keep pouring on the runs, extending their game --- hope the LVs imitate them !

wondering if they will have a short leash on White with Rogers on hand to come in at a moment's notice

VN Store

Back