LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

As we get to the end of the recruiting process, are coaches allowed to continue contact with a recruit that did not choose their program?

Also, this close to signing has a high profile recruit in recent history changed their mind. I know Collier decomitted from uconn, but that was a few months before signing date.
They can and some will.
Circa Candace Parker and Maryland

Well she isn’t done. She’s in on the best Center and Forward in the class!

Dawn team looks like this 5'6, 5'8, 6'0, 6'1, 6'3 5'9, 5'10, 6'0, 5'7..5'11.. The two recrut are also 5'9, 5'7.. To beat lady vols, definitely not dawn team looking like this height.

Reactions: SCspur
Dawn team looks like this 5'6, 5'8, 6'0, 6'1, 6'3 5'9, 5'10, 6'0, 5'7..5'11.. The two recrut are also 5'9, 5'7.. To beat lady vols, definitely not dawn team looking like this height.

Could use a more uptempo style of play and win with that.

Does the above team include graduating seniors this year?

Well Cooke and Beal are 5’9” and 6’1”.... not 5’7” and 5’9”.

SC going forward will be an uptempo team that will press and runs off its defense. Our forwards are 6’3”, 6’3”, 6’2”, 6’2”, 6’1” and 6’1” so we have more than enough height to deal with UT.

We are also recruiting Boston and Amihere. If we get one or both it will be over for the SEC! Both are unstoppable and no team will be able to handle either downlow!

Reactions: mcannon1

Mississippi State beat Tennessee last season with 5'2, 5'7, 5'7 and 6'1 in the back court. Height doesn't mean anything if they can't score efficiently or defend. I also believe the recruits for SC are 5'9 and 6'0.

SC's recruiting has been solid. They will have the same issue as Tennessee next year, which is unproven posts. KK and Collins need to play alot this season, because they will be logging heavy minutes next year once Cheridene graduates.

SC going forward will be an uptempo team that will press and runs off its defense. Our forwards are 6’3”, 6’3”, 6’2”, 6’2”, 6’1” and 6’1” so we have more than enough height to deal with UT.

We are also recruiting Boston and Amihere. If we get one or both it will be over for the SEC! Both are unstoppable and no team will be able to handle either downlow!

Boston and Amihere will be freshmen. I doubt they will be carrying SC on day 1. The fact that you have experienced and skilled guards plus freshmen depth is why I think you'll be tough.

I think Tennessee, SC and MSST are the clear frontrunners for the SEC next season. If MSST gets Rickea Jackson, they are my pick. If they don't and SC gets both Amihere and Boston, they are my pick. If Tennessee's talented freshmen and sophomores perform tlat a high level this season, then Tennessee will be my pick no matter what SC or MSST do with recruiting.

Too tough to count Dawn out on anything though...she did recruit Coates & Aja

It helped they were both instate recruits... not saying they wouldn’t have went there to begin with but A’ja said she wanted to stay home and take them to the next level! So home was a big thing.

Reactions: sisaq and Pat4life

I love your optimism... but are you saying that if you don’t get either you won’t be any good?

What if our guards lock up your guards from being able to get the ball downlow? I just wouldn’t say it’s over for the SEC it may provide good competition no doubt but over I wouldn’t exactly say that!

Reactions: Pat4life

Well damn, I guess confidence is everything...😶🙃

Boston and Amihere will be freshmen. I doubt they will be carrying SC on day 1. The fact that you have experienced and skilled guards plus freshmen depth is why I think you'll be tough.

I think Tennessee, SC and MSST are the clear frontrunners for the SEC next season. If MSST gets Rickea Jackson, they are my pick. If they don't and SC gets both Amihere and Boston, they are my pick. If Tennessee's talented freshmen and sophomores perform tlat a high level this season, then Tennessee will be my pick no matter what SC or MSST do with recruiting.

I guess some are a little biased then others... I respect your understanding but both Amihere and Boston will be impact players from day 1 no matter where they land! Amihere was named to the u19 all tourney team at 16 years old, you seriously don’t think she will make an impact from the start?

Reactions: cutiepie5
I love your optimism... but are you saying that if you don’t get either you won’t be any good?

What if our guards lock up your guards from being able to get the ball downlow? I just wouldn’t say it’s over for the SEC it may provide good competition no doubt but over I wouldn’t exactly say that!

Well Amihere is comfortable on the perimeter and in the post so she doesn’t exactly need a guard to get the ball downlow to her. Boston on the other hand does but once she gets it down there she’s going to either score or get fouled.

Is S.C fan here in my house???

Reactions: Pat4life
It helped they were both instate recruits... not saying they wouldn’t have went there to begin with but A’ja said she wanted to stay home and take them to the next level! So home was a big thing.

Wasn't a fight recruit on A'ja..she jumped into the hands of Dawn because she wanted to stay home.

Reactions: Smallvol#1
Well both can play 2-4 positions meaning they can be on the court at the same time ala Kaela Davis and Allisha Gray.

This is a highlight clip showing how well rounded Beal’s game is! She plays much bigger than her height & yes, that is Tennessee’s Tamari Key who she’s battling with downlow.

She plays like Saniya Chong , tough strong looking player but im not seeing gamechanging type skills in this video . Just my opinion though .

And before her Aleighsa Welch and Ashley Bruner were both 6-0 posts who led USC in rebounding before Coates joined the team and Ibiam found her game. Staley's first 2 NCAAT teams had them as her primary post players, with guards Ieasia Walker, La'Keisha Sutton, and Markeshia Grant. Those teams were Staley's best teams defensively, finishing in the top 5 nationally in scoring defense both years, and that defense began with her perimeter players. But they weren't very deep in talent, were not very good scoring teams, and when it came time to compete against opponents with length, like Stanford, Tennessee, UNC, etc. they were usually dominated on the boards.

Also, during the Gamecock's national championship season, when Coates was lost to injury, PG Bianca Cuevas-Moore - who had lost the starting PG duties to freshman Tyasha Harris earlier in the season - was put into the lineup more alongside Harris as a ball-handling guard in the shooter's spot. The team seemed to flow quicker with the two guards as well as Davis and Gray, while Harris continued the ball distribution role that Cuevas-Moore was a little too erratic in, but Cuevas-Moore's speed factor and in-your-hip-pocket defense helped rattle opponents during the tournament run. Nothing negative regarding Coates as she was a dominate player for the Gamecocks, but I think Staley had been trying to find ways to speed up the team's offense for a while (having former Vanderbilt HC Melanie Balcomb on the staff as an advisor was one way to do that), and having more guards in the unit was a way she better identifies with.

It seems like Staley wants to try having better talent at the guard/wing positions in terms of scoring, while still have longer posts around 6-2, 6-3 who can present a better physical presence in the paint, but who can also face the basket and step out a bit, and move better in transition. So in the end have a faster tempo for a more aggressive team, particularly defensively but offensively too.

When has So.Car ever been a good scoring offensive team ? That defensive drag em out style works in the SEC but not nationally .

Hey , I KNOW HER PARENTS So please STOP SPEAKING FOR THEM ! ASAP
I call cow poop! Like the rest of the world, I don't do what negitive, name callers ( called me creep) tell me to do. I notice you joined this site last year, and I notice you are always trying to start rumours. You seem to really love the gamecocks, ...writes like a troll, spreads rumours like a troll, claims to know the Davis family ( now think about this, would you want someone you "know" saying your daughter might be ready to leave her team 2 yrs early?) Like a troll...
I garantee, if you know them, it is most likely, they avoid you!

When has So.Car ever been a good scoring offensive team ? That defensive drag em out style works in the SEC but not nationally .

Hmmm. They were 4th in scoring offense in the SEC last season, and 37th nationally. That had them scoring only 5.9 PPG less than the top SEC team, Miss. State, who were 11th nationally. And that was their worst scoring offense in years...

In 2016-17 they led the SEC in scoring offense, and was 20th nationally. In 2015-16, they were 3rd in the SEC behind Florida and UK, and 33rd nationally. In 2014-15 they again led the SEC, and was 18th nationally.

USC may not ever be an elite scoring team, with Dawn Staley being so strong on team defense as she is. Defense is a Staley-coached team signature, not offense. Until last season when they fell off a bit, USC led the SEC in scoring defense 4 of the previous 6 seasons, falling to 2nd to Arkansas and UGA the other years. During those years they had 3 top 10 national defenses, and two top 5, and all 6 seasons were top 25.

They don't need to have elite offense when they have elite defense, but having multiple top 20-30 national scoring offenses definitely fall into the category of "good scoring offenses".....

Wuteva? SC has a lot of question marks this season, just like everyone else, no really proven consistent performer.

Don't make it seem like talent wise SC is head and shoulder above everyone else.

Aye don't come here for know compare and contrast, if you only gonna use the last four years. You guys had a nice run with Aja!

The great thing about the season, is we shall see, how life without Wilson is..

A potential to have a great class, yes we know what that feels like.

Back to Lady Vols recruitin,

Go Lady Vols! Any late recruits? additions?

Last edited:
I call cow poop! Like the rest of the world, I don't do what negitive, name callers ( called me creep) tell me to do. I notice you joined this site last year, and I notice you are always trying to start rumours. You seem to really love the gamecocks, ...writes like a troll, spreads rumours like a troll, claims to know the Davis family ( now think about this, would you want someone you "know" saying your daughter might be ready to leave her team 2 yrs early?) Like a troll...
I garantee, if you know them, it is most likely, they avoid you!

Can someone direct me to the ignore option? I remember there being one...Disregard i remember. Faneto

Hmmm. They were 4th in scoring offense in the SEC last season, and 37th nationally. That had them scoring only 5.9 PPG less than the top SEC team, Miss. State, who were 11th nationally. And that was their worst scoring offense in years...

In 2016-17 they led the SEC in scoring offense, and was 20th nationally. In 2015-16, they were 3rd in the SEC behind Florida and UK, and 33rd nationally. In 2014-15 they again led the SEC, and was 18th nationally.

USC may not ever be an elite scoring team, with Dawn Staley being so strong on team defense as she is. Defense is a Staley-coached team signature, not offense. Until last season when they fell off a bit, USC led the SEC in scoring defense 4 of the previous 6 seasons, falling to 2nd to Arkansas and UGA the other years. During those years they had 3 top 10 national defenses, and two top 5, and all 6 seasons were top 25.

They don't need to have elite offense when they have elite defense, but having multiple top 20-30 national scoring offenses definitely fall into the category of "good scoring offenses".....

Hey no shade towards dawn but her offense has always been one dimensional. I will give credit to her defense being a savior against inferior offensive teams , But against offensive juggernauts ND, Uconn , Tenn they have not had much luck lately. But in the SEC your good to go.

VN Store

Back